Kordavian Islands - <NSC 232> - Dorothy - »What's Coming To Me«

AdelAdel

re: SmileyLand - WLSC 55 --- Epica --- "Storm The Sorrow"

I'm not the leader anymore IOTAP xrofl2

EurovisionSmile

Veteran

Smiley, don't you like something less overplayed for a change? xshrug

Yes, I know, you send what you love, but I also love many well known and overplayed songs, I just don't find it amusing at all to share with people songs they've heard a thousand times in the past.

I just don't get your thing with 'overplayed songs' xshrugYou've made your point before. But honestly it's not a correct and fair point of view, IMO. It's like I didn't give points to or didn't specifically like songs I've never listened to just because they're NOT overplayed. It puzzles me, really. Would you think it's fair to be 'punished' or labelled for sending unknown songs for example? xthink I've got a list of songs I truly love and apparently they are all overplayed, but I'm not going to send songs I don't really love just for sharing something new. And it's really not the point of this contest anyway. The contest's aim is to share songs you truly love, whether they're unknown or not and win it ofc. In the end you're free not to vote or like my choices and you can even 'punish' me for my well-known options (as you already did, according to what you've expressed before), each to their own xshrug I won't 'punish' you back, I swear!

EurovisionSmile

Veteran

Anyway, I've decided to change the song but for another overplayed one xrofl3. I was planning to have this one for longer and completely forgot it.

EurovisionSmile

Veteran

I will take a break after edition 40, I'm done with the WLSC for now. A bit tired of all the jokes and comments about my overplayed songs ;) everyone's entitled to have personal taste and opinions, I respect that, but once those opinions get 'overplayed', it becomes kind of exhausting.

CypriotGirl

Veteran

I just don't get this attitude at all. All of us love some songs that everyone knows. But I personally think that it's a bit of cheating towards other people who send unknown or less known songs to send them here. Sorry, but that's how I see it. I participate in these contests to discover songs that I wouldn't have known elsewhere and share songs I like with others letting them know these songs by my entries, not to enter or listen to songs I've known for all my life. xshrug

EurovisionSmile

Veteran

I just don't get this attitude at all. All of us love some songs that everyone knows. But I personally think that it's a bit of cheating towards other people who send unknown or less known songs to send them here. Sorry, but that's how I see it. I participate in these contests to discover songs that I wouldn't have known elsewhere and share songs I like with others letting them know these songs by my entries, not to enter or listen to songs I've known for all my life. xshrug

I couldn't disagree more and I don't get your attitude either, so we're even... But like I said each to their own. So, you've 'cheated' last edition too? A try of winning the contest, maybe? So what? Who am I to criticize you for your options and for what you like and/ or believe in any contest? Anyway, I won't go further in this discussion. You should name this contest ORIGINAL SONG CONTEST (OSC) and make rules according to it before using harsh words like 'cheating'. Criticizing others for their options over and over again is really upsetting. (Even worse when you end up doing what you criticize for your own benefit, when your original choices don't seem 'to work', mind you).

AdelAdel

I will take a break after edition 40, I'm done with the WLSC for now. A bit tired of all the jokes and comments about my overplayed songs ;) everyone's entitled to have personal taste and opinions, I respect that, but once those opinions get 'overplayed', it becomes kind of exhausting.

ES, please calm down :?

SmileyLand is one of my favorite WLSC nations despite the fact that you send well-known songs. But I love them too xshrug I think it's a bit immature to leave just because someone said something about your choices. And it's not like you're not being appreciated in the contest, as you usually are high on the final scoreboards. And I know that you are not that immature kind of person so please stay.

CypriotGirl

Veteran

I couldn't disagree more and I don't get your attitude either, so we're even... But like I said each to their own. So, you've 'cheated' last edition too? A try of winning the contest, maybe? So what? Who am I to criticize you for your options and for what you like and/ or believe in any contest? Anyway, I won't go further in this discussion. You should name this contest ORIGINAL SONG CONTEST (OSC) and make rules according to it before using harsh words like 'cheating'. Criticizing others for their options over and over again is really upsetting. (Even worse when you end up doing what you criticize for your own benefit, when your original choices don't seem 'to work', mind you).

Why I cheated last edition? I sent one of the least known WT songs (as far as I know), and I checked its chart success, it achieved #1 only in one country (Poland) and in other countries it didn't even enter top 40. You wouldn't call this overplayed at all. And it was only one out of many songs I sent.

As you saw, overplayed or not doesn't affect my ranking of the songs. I always gave you points, and sometimes even very high points, and I did the same thing with songs sent by other nations too. I don't mind someone sending an overplayed song every now and then, but you send them one after the other. And I said this because I know you very well and I thought you are a person that I can freely express my opinion without getting it wrong, but what you said is that you are going to leave WLSC because of that. :?

About that "cheating" thing I was talking generally, not only for you, and not only for WLSC but for other contests of this forum.

This sums up what I wanted to say: Since I know you well, and we shared with each other songs etc, I think the choices you make to send only songs that everyone knows underestimates yourself. You see that it's not only me who thinks so, during the results show last time others "joked" about it too, and tried to guess what you're gonna send etc. And I think this image people got from you is not the right one. xshrug

And I'm sorry if I made you upset with this, I didn't intend to do it...

EurovisionSmile

Veteran

I didn't say it was only you, Foti. OFC other people have also joked about it. But you seem to take that too seriously, that's all. I can understand what you mean and there are obviously less known songs I also like I lot, but I never thought that was a condition in any contest. The idea left me uncomfortable, and I overreacted, ofc, however, countries like the Asian, African and Southern European countries always face well known songs in WV for example, and it's their loss, it's not fair, maybe, but it happens and who can blame who sends the songs?

Anyway, I'm sorry for being too emotional sometimes and I didn't mean to upset you either. Now that I calmed down I will try to send an unknown song next time (or not overplayed) because I reckon you're right in a way :lol: (but you sound too harsh about that matter sometimes too :p) I will try to send less overplayed songs now and then, and please forget what I've said about leaving the contest, I'm just upset with other things in real life and this somehow also reflects in my forum messages, I suppose.

EurovisionSmile

Veteran

ES, please calm down :?

SmileyLand is one of my favorite WLSC nations despite the fact that you send well-known songs. But I love them too xshrug I think it's a bit immature to leave just because someone said something about your choices. And it's not like you're not being appreciated in the contest, as you usually are high on the final scoreboards. And I know that you are not that immature kind of person so please stay.

No, I'm just too oversensitive sometimes :p xrofl2

Sahistul

Smiley, please don't leave, I love your songs, and this choice, for WLSC 40 it's incredible xheart

Sahistul

We all have those days, so do I did thursday ;)

Celia

This one was also in my list of possible songs for WLSC xbow Floor Jansen is one the best female singers in metal xheart

EurovisionSmile

Veteran

Updated points given by SmileyLand: :D

Vylkuzeme 60
Adelland 52
Zumkotzen 47
Oussouland 44
Trollheimr 35
Euphorian Islands 26
Srivijaya 22
Lux Islands 21
SR Indiria 20
Land of Angels 19
Griffin Empire 17
Biflovatia 13
Bigicia 13
Trash Canyon 12
Spalato 12
Moisantia 10
UK Sonetti 07
United Huts of Haustor 06
Sigeneria 06
Impressland 05
The White Lands 04
Yääyland 03
Randomia 02
Marcosland 01

EurovisionSmile

Veteran

And now haters are going to hate this xsnooty

But my next entry is what we could call 'very overplayed' xsnooty and a wonderful entry that I love. So, I'm going to ask a previous winner to represent this little country again:

Madonna - The Power Of Good-Bye [Official Video] - YouTube

xlove xcheer

Top Bottom