Contact us

Australia AUSTRALIA 2024 - Electric Fields - One Milkali (One Blood)

How do you rate this entry?

7 5.1%

5 3.6%

11 8.0%

13 9.5%

12 8.8%

19 13.9%

20 14.6%

18 13.1%

13 9.5%

4 2.9%

15 10.9%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

This shortened a lot on betfair after the performance which was a surprise since it didnt sound great.

NeoTen

This shortened a lot on betfair after the performance which was a surprise since it didnt sound great.
They both sang better and in the building the camera work was much better than the chaos they showed on the EBU Channel.
It's still bland, too many people walk around in way too different outfits, they're both badly styled and they don't use the idiot amounts of LED. Which is strange because a Disney song like this could've used it.
They could've reached the final easily, but perhaps with a different creative dir.

crashworld

Veteran
Oh well. I still thought it will sneak through. Guess the GP saw through the cracks. I'm surprised from a winner of semi last year purely on televoting to a NQ. I wonder if Australia just missed the no. 10 spot by a wee bit.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Azerbaijan might have had my favourite song in the first semi but I think it was Australia's miss that has made me feel the most sad. It was just such a beautifully warm, vibrant 3 minutes that was full of joy and good vibes. Zaachariaha looked gorgeous and was wonderful to watch (what a voice). I was a bit disappointed when One Milkali was selected (did enjoy it from the get go still mind you) as I was comparing it to 2000 And Whatever. I added it to my workout playlist though and really started to warm to it, and finally seeing it on stage, everything made sense. Electric Fields are such a beautiful duo. The final would have been enriched with their presence.

Uto

Veteran
The least memorable song in the semi, it sounds literally like some of the industry drivel you hear coming out of the UK. Whole song has one gear and a chord progression straight from corpo ads. The staging was fun but a bit disjointed, I don't think the problem was there. People listen to this sort of music, but hardly anyone actually likes listening to this sort of music.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Happy I never fell into the Australia Qualifies trap. :-)

Still, lol. You have a FANTASTIC lead in Zachariaaha Fielding, and then decide to bury him underneath badly mixed backing vocals and a loud-ass didgeridoo (actually playing it live xheart and so loudly it drowned out Fielding's voice xheart).

The main to-do was to make the performance Zach's, and focus exclusively on him. The first verse and chorus did that, and those were the only bits of the song that truly came across well. Everything else was drowned out by additional complications - kind of how Poland NQ'd as well.

Kairit

They have incredible vibes honestly, just lovely and positive and I love the song personally, but I did think the performance was a bit of a mess. Still sad about this one, though.

gigi_copp3

I watched the performance of 2000 and whatever of 2019, just can't realize how they could have done such a mess like yesterday's

southernstars

Still proud of them. Vocals at the end were not great :( I loved that Yankunytjatjara language was brought to the world stage. And their postcard was in my home city of Adelaide and I almost cried seeing it 😊❤️

It sounded like they had a blast no matter the result, and I'm sure they will enjoy the rest of the week!

Top Bottom