current-entry.png

Last edited:

Gaoithe

Re: IRELAND | WV53: "My Lovely Horse" Fr. Ted and Fr. Dougal

Dublin 54 xbow xbow xbow

Lupus

Piece of Wonk

You guys are all amazing! It means so much to me that you all approve of my début entry. Thank you from the bottom of my heart and best of luck with your entries as well! xheart

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

You've enriched my life. Thank you... thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Please win WorldVision.

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar

Good lord. World-class entry.

Lupus

Piece of Wonk

:ie: thanks everyone for the amazing support so far. [MENTION=14007]lavieenrose[/MENTION], [MENTION=9441]RainyWoods[/MENTION], [MENTION=12894]ClassifiedCat[/MENTION], [MENTION=15002]Gaoithe[/MENTION], [MENTION=15013]Ringdalen[/MENTION] and [MENTION=11993]whiteshoes[/MENTION]; itt's been an emotional evening with my first WV entry ever and I just cannot stop smiling at the way you have all reacted. I was worried I'd get panned for choosing it, but you guys have surpassed even my highest hopes for a reaction. [MENTION=9441]RainyWoods[/MENTION], I cannot promise a victory (given the quality of the semi, qualification would be an achievement right now!) but I'm sure going to be fighting for it! Thanks again for all your lovely comments. It's times like these when I am so thankful for being a member of this forum. xheart

Lupus

Piece of Wonk

In a fit of pessimism, I've been thinking ahead to WV54. I want to hold a NF with a folksy vibe, so would appreciate any suggestions down that road from people to include. I already have three I definitely want to see there, and another two I'm considering, so would welcome at least one more! Thanking y'all in advance! :D

Ringdalen

Sent my suggestion in an pm xcheer

Lupus

Piece of Wonk

Thanks to those who enjoyed listening to "My Lovely Horse". Alas, the journey ends here for WV53, but a NF will be up soon (probably Wednesday) for our selection ready for WV54! Much love to you all! xheart

Ringdalen

Next time buddy will we see Ireland in the final :D

Excited to see your NF xcheer xlove

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

I'm so sorry your journey has ended so soon this edition Lupus. Thank you for introducing me to Fr. Ted and Fr. Dougal.

I'm looking forward to your NF. I've perhaps got a folk song (or rather an artist) i'd like to put forward to you if you're still accepting suggestions.

Lupus

Piece of Wonk

I'm so sorry your journey has ended so soon this edition Lupus. Thank you for introducing me to Fr. Ted and Fr. Dougal.

I'm looking forward to your NF. I've perhaps got a folk song (or rather an artist) i'd like to put forward to you if you're still accepting suggestions.
[MENTION=9441]RainyWoods[/MENTION], I'd love to hear whatever you have to offer! I have four definites and two maybes for a NF at the moment, so am completely flexible!

esc87fan

Re: IRELAND | WV54 NF: "A Song For Ireland" ENTRIES WELCOMED!!

I've always loved the "Song for Europe" episode, it's so hilarious and I now make it a tradition to watch it every year the Friday before the Eurovision final. "My Lovely Horse" will remain a classic, thank you for sending it!

Lupus

Piece of Wonk

If there are any entries anyone wants to send to "A Song for Ireland: WV54" then please send them in the next six or so hours! Thanks all for your lovely comments after our NQ last night; it is a shame, but it was a fun edition! Here's to the next one! :D

Lupus

Piece of Wonk

Thank you to everyone who has sent in an entry (or three!)! An eight song NF will be up tomorrow evening at some point! :D

JamieBrown

Thank you to everyone who has sent in an entry (or three!)! An eight song NF will be up tomorrow evening at some point! :D

I still have them, nevertheless I don't need them :lol:

Lupus

Piece of Wonk
Re: IRELAND | WV54 NF: "A Song For Ireland" COMING 30/09!!

A SONG FOR IRELAND: WV54

Hello everyone, and welcome to the amazing CRAGGY ISLAND!! (Venue chosen based on the number of people I expect to vote...)

craggy-island-lamb.jpg

And let's give a big hand to our host, whose amazing musical knowledge has already been proven given our previous selection...

FATHER JACK!!

hqdefault.jpg

Who of course will be assisted by the ever-present-with-a-cup-of-tea...

MRS. DOYLE!!

hqdefault.jpg

So tonight we have EIGHT incredible and wonderful entries, all with a folksy theme to show off the wonderful music of our beloved Ireland. It's my true and firm belief that these songs all encapsulate the beauty and unique world view of the Irish people. The very soul of Ireland can be glimpsed through the passion and intricacies of the music present here tonight... What's that Father Jack?

Harrumph, there's no need to be like that! I'd best get on with the entries I suppose then...

SONG :1:: In memory of our WV53 entry, we will still "Ride On" (Cruachan):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNvOhPasW0Q

SONG :2:: So we hope that "Hard Times Come Again No More" (The Chieftains featuring Paolo Nutini):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTrmm96h9Zo

SONG :3:: After "A Song For Ireland: WV54" we hope that you vote "When Your Mind's Made Up" (Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPL5Qk4JufU

SONG :4:: I hope that you all "Téir Abhaile Riú" [Go Home With] amazing memories of this National Final (Celtic Woman):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1g7XO7gICAo

INTERVAL ACT: Yes, an exclusive look at the first version of "My Lovely Horse" with our hosts' reactions to it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6nLv0QYu10

Aaaaaaand back to "A Song for Ireland: WV54"!

SONG :5:: Traditional Irish food will be on offer during the competition... Anyone for some "Dúlamán" [seaweed] (Altan):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KzOyCwvQ9o

SONG :6:: If we get more money next time, then we'll move the venue to a "Newgrange" (Clannad):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2GNIQxowT8

SONG :7:: If we qualify next time, I'm really not sure "What I'll Do" to celebrate! (Lisa Hannigan):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvwJMa5b1Qg

SONG :8:: Oh wait, I know... I think I'll have "Seven Drunken Nights"! (The Dubliners):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CWIIoSf4nw

Thanks to all who suggested entries, including [MENTION=12553]Krishoes[/MENTION], [MENTION=12837]JamieBrown[/MENTION] and [MENTION=15013]Ringdalen[/MENTION]. I'm sure I've missed at least one person out there, so thanks to anyone I've missed!

VOTING: Thinking of voting? Well Mrs. Doyle has a message for you!

VOTING METHOD: Ooo, something a little different. Basically you can award 12, 10, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 or 0 points to each song, as long as you don't use the same number twice (except 0-you can give up to seven songs 0!). So you can give 12, 8, 7, 6, 5, 0, 0, 0 if you want (for example)!
SENDING VOTES: TO [MENTION=14505]Lupus[/MENTION] by PM
BEFORE: 2359 CET on Wednesday 7th October
QUESTIONS: Post here, or PM me! Happy to clarify anything at all.

VOTING IS NOW OPEN! Thanks for getting this far! :D

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
Re: IRELAND | WV54 NF: "A Song For Ireland" ON P.42!

Wow. This NF looks like it's going to be spectacular. There's one song here that would just barrel through almost anything in its path and leaves me a wreck whenever I hear it.

Krishoes

Re: IRELAND | WV54 NF: "A Song For Ireland" ON P.42!

:nz: voted xcheer

xpray for my suggestion but there are other two songs amazing as well! :D

Top Bottom