Contact us

Sakuralia ❀ NSC 232: Victor le Masne - Parade ❀ Congrats 23: Charlotte Cardin - Confetti

esc87fan

Re: Sakuralia || WLSC 58: Dami Im - Alive

For our second entry, we've chosen a beautiful Korean-born Australian singer, Dami Im. She won the Australian version of the X-Factor in 2013 and is the first person in the history of that series to follow up a #1 single with a #1 album!

25sqvco.jpg

This is her first single, Alive

Lyrics
I'm coming out from the shadows
Shooting straight like an arrow
Ain't nothing gonna slow me down, slow me down, yeah
I'm gonna flow like a cool breeze
Stand taller than a palm tree
Ain't nothing gonna cut me down, cut me down, yeah

I remember all the words you said
That a crazy heart can never rest
And when your light starts fading out, fading out

Don't keep waiting for an open door
Break the lock and get something more
Make a move 'cause you're alive, alive
We ain't gonna get a second chance
Life ain't nothing but a crazy dance
Let the moves 'cause you're alive

Never had to go at all low
'Cause you love read me head to toe
All I wanted was to make you proud, make you proud, yeah
I just wanna hold you so close
In return be your rain coat
When the rain wants you drown you out, drown you out, yeah

I remember all the words you said
That a crazy heart can never rest
And when your light starts fading out, fading out

Let the moves 'cause you're alive, alive

We're alive, we're alive, we're alive, live
We're alive, we're alive, oh we're alive, alive

You can always break the rules
You can always dare to dance
But you gotta take a chance, a chance
You can always break the rules
You can always dare to dance
But you gotta take a chance, a chance

Let the moves 'cause you're alive, alive

We're alive, we're alive, oh we're alive, alive

We're alive, we're alive, oh we're alive, alive​

esc87fan

Here is the inspiration behind our WLSC 58 banner...

2e1wpbd.jpg

This is a scene from a park near the town of Kinmoku in the western region of Akihana. Every spring, people across Sakuralia come here for cherry blossom viewings and picnics​

esc87fan

Here's a little bit about media in Sakuralia. We have 3 TV channels and 2 radio stations run by SHK, and there are private broadcasters scattered throughout the regions of the country

SHK 1: Our main TV channel. Every New Year's Eve, SHK 1 presents our big annual event, the Kohaku Uta Gassen (Red and White Song Battle), and you'll also find news, variety, drama, anime and sports. The Waiting List Song Contest as well as the finals of the Nation Song Contest are both broadcast on SHK 1
SHK 2: Sakuralia's second channel airs educational programs 24/7. There is a 4-hour program block for children every morning in both Japanese and English, with language courses and travel documentaries scattered throughout the day
SHK 3: Also known as SHK International, SHK 3 offers the best TV series from the United States, Great Britain and around the world. English-language programs are aired with Japanese subtitles. The Sakuralian people are also big Eurovision fans, so every May SHK 3 broadcasts the contest with the BBC feed and commentary

Radio 1: News and information in both English and Japanese
Radio 2: Offers the best music from Sakuralia and around the world

esc87fan

Re: Sakuralia || WLSC 59: Vancouver 2010 Olympic Orchestra - Fire On The Mountain

WLSC 59

Four years ago I witnessed the best two weeks of my life on TV when the Winter Olympics were held in Vancouver. So it's no surprise with the Sochi games so close, that my WLSC 59 entry is an instrumental piece that means so much to me as a proud Canadian. I'm ready to cheer on the athletes of my country!

Sakuralia's third entry is the overture of the 2010 Vancouver opening ceremony called "Fire On The Mountain"

And here's how it was incorporated into the ceremony itself

esc87fan

Re: Sakuralia || WLSC 59: Vancouver 2010 Olympic Orchestra - Fire On The Mountain

Breaking news from the SHK newsroom!

HANASHIMA: There's massive celebrations in the Meiouzu district of the city, where there's a huge Canadian population. After a gold medal in women's curling at the Sochi Olympics, the women's hockey team pulls off an incredible comeback to beat the USA 3-2 in overtime!

esc87fan

Re: Sakuralia || WLSC 60: John Barrowman - What About Us

WLSC 60

Residents in the northern region of Fuyubara have requested this song to represent our nation in the 60th edition of WLSC. Best known for his work in the hit reboot of Doctor Who and its spin-off series Torchwood, actor John Barrowman performs "What About Us", the first single off his 2008 album "Music Music Music"

esc87fan

Re: Sakuralia || WLSC 60: John Barrowman - What About Us

ABOUT SAKURALIA: THE CAPITAL OF HANASHIMA
Located in the eastern region of Harumiko, Hanashima (Flower Island) is the capital of Sakuralia and also the nation's largest city (population 6,325,000). The city itself is broken up into 10 municipal districts known collectively as the Jyuzu (Ten Islands), public transit such as buses and the Hanashima Metro subway system make it easy to get around

Tsukinozu: District where the Imperial Palace and some of the Natia and Waiting List national embassies are located
Mizunozu: Location of other foreign embassies as well as the Sakuralian parliament buildings
Hinozu: A cultural district, home to the city's largest Shinto shrine as well as galleries and museums
Kinozu: The Hanashima Dome (Sakuralia's largest sports stadium) and the headquarters of SHK are located here
Ainozu: Most of the city's shopping and nightlife are concentrated here
Kaiouzu: Hanashima's theater district, known for arts and culture
Tenouzu: Commercial/residential district, with some of the best sports/recreation facilities in the country
Meiouzu: Mainly a residential district with some commercial shopping areas. A large Canadian population lives here
Tomoezu: Like Meiouzu, this is mainly a residential area
Chibazu: Sakuralia's largest university is located in this district. The Hanashima International Airport is 10 kilometers southeast of Chibazu

esc87fan

Re: Sakuralia || WLSC 61: Snap - The Power

WLSC 61

This is Sakuralia's 5th entry into WLSC, and this time we're going back to the 1990s! From retro nights at Route Venus nightclub in the Ainozu district of the capital Hanashima, here is "The Power", a hit from German dance-house group Snap!

esc87fan

Re: Sakuralia || WLSC 61: Snap - The Power | Congratulations 3: Vancouver 2010 Olympic Orchestra - Fire On The Mountain

SAKURA SHIMBUN: 3/18/14

HANASHIMA: National broadcaster SHK has decided to submit one of its first four Waiting List Song Contest entries to the upcoming Congratulations event taking place in Hillaria, SmileyLand. Since its debut in edition 57, Sakuralia has been holding steady in the final results tables and has yet to achieve a top 10 finish. The country's best finish was 11th place in edition 59 which was held in Vylkuzeme with the instrumental piece "Fire On The Mountain", performed by the Vancouver 2010 Olympic Orchestra.

"It is one of the reasons we have decided to send this piece as our entry to Congratulations," said SHK's director of entertainment programming, Marina Takahashi. "We're also doing it on behalf of our Canadian population in the Meiouzu district of the city, we know how proud they are of their homeland's Winter Olympics and its athletes even four years after the fact - we saw the flags, banners and pride displayed during the recent games in Sochi. It is our hope to share that pride with the rest of the Waiting List nations taking part."

The Congratulations special will air March 25 on SHK 1 with commentary by Jun Matsumoto in Japanese and Andi Petrillo in English. SHK 1 will also carry coverage of WLSC 61 from Suvonia on March 24 with commentary by Mao Inoue in Japanese and Daryn Jones in English (Radio 1 will simulcast both events). Sakuralia's entry is "The Power" by German group Snap

esc87fan

Re: Sakuralia || WLSC 62: Rudenko & t.A.T.u. - Nas Ne Dogonyat (Sochi 2014 Remix)

WLSC 62

Sakuralia hopes that Olympic luck will strike again like it did in WLSC 59 and hopefully in Congratulations 3. You may recognize this from when the Russian team entered during the opening ceremonies in Sochi, it's a remix of t.A.T.u.'s "Nas Ne Dogonyat" (Not Gonna Get Us) by DJ Leonid Rudenko

esc87fan

Re: Sakuralia ❀ WLSC 62: Rudenko & t.A.T.u. - Nas Ne Dogonyat (Sochi 2014 Remix)

tumblr_mde2syuOM91qe8we7o1_r1_500.png

A beautiful portrait of our Empress Naoko​

esc87fan

Re: Sakuralia ❀ WLSC 62: Rudenko & t.A.T.u. - Nas Ne Dogonyat (Sochi 2014 Remix)

BREAKING NEWS FROM SHK

HANASHIMA - Celebrations have broken out all over the country as the 62nd edition of the Waiting List Song Contest has just wrapped up in Luxona. The contest, which was won by the nation of Vylkuzeme, saw Sakuralia achieve its best-ever result thus far - eighth place with the Sochi 2014 remix of the t.A.T.u. hit "Nas Ne Dogonyat" by Leonid Rudenko.

The entry accumulated 71 points thanks to two top marks of 12 from DPR Jindalea and Luzinia, a 10 from Tianshan, an 8 from Suonia, 7s from Bigicia, Kamandé and Belvist, a 5 from Santa d'Lucia, 2 from Il-Bidu and 1 from Pebbleland.

"We're thrilled," said SHK head of entertainment programming Marina Takahashi. "It's our first top 10 finish in the contest and we're hopeful of more to come. This is just the beginning for this country at this event."

esc87fan

Re: Sakuralia ❀ WLSC 63: Robert Miles - Children

WLSC 63

For my next entry, I'm sharing one of my all-time favorite songs - it's an instrumental but ever since I was a teenager it made me feel good every time I heard it. Sakuralia's seventh entry is "Children" by Robert Miles

esc87fan

Re: Sakuralia ❀ WLSC 63: Robert Miles - Children

SAKURA SHIMBUN ARTS SECTION 4/28/14: Sakuralians smitten for Molly!

HANASHIMA - If there's one thing Sakuralians are crazy about besides culture and sports, it's the Eurovision Song Contest! A nationwide fan poll was conducted by SHK over the past couple of weeks offering all 37 entries for viewing and asking which song they liked the most through public vote. In an overwhelming majority, Sakuralians have picked the United Kingdom's entry "Children Of The Universe" by Molly as their favorite.

"It's a great song with a positive message," commented a resident of Snowpoint in the northern region of Fuyubara. "It brings people together. Isn't that really what Eurovision is all about?"

A resident of Kinmoku commented: "Molly's song is very fresh and memorable, it has a hook that stays right with you all the way through. I can't stop listening to it, I hope she does well!"

Rounding out the top 5 in the fan poll were Italy, Switzerland, Israel and Greece.

The 59th Eurovision Song Contest will be broadcast from Copenhagen, Denmark and will air on SHK 3 with commentary by the BBC. The semi-finals air May 6 and 8, with the grand final on May 10. All shows will begin airing at 15:00 SDT.

esc87fan

Re: Sakuralia ❀ WLSC 64: Savage Garden - Affirmation

WLSC 64

After a thrilling victory in Vylkuzeme, the WLSC comes to Sakuralia and we can't wait to welcome everyone to our beautiful nation! Our chosen artist is an Australian duo who came back together just for this special occasion and the song is another one of my favorites. Performing on Sakuralian soil is Savage Garden with their 1999 song "Affirmation"

esc87fan

Re: Sakuralia ❀ WLSC 64: Savage Garden - Affirmation

The official press release of the event

MUSIC IN FULL BLOOM: THE 64TH WAITING LIST SONG CONTEST
SHK is pleased to be the host broadcaster of the 64th Waiting List Song Contest in Sakuralia, which will be held on May 16 at the Miyazaki Arena in the capital of Hanashima. The contest comes to the nation thanks to the song "Children" by Swiss-born artist Robert Miles, which won the most recent edition in Vylkuzeme with 112 points. 17,000 tickets were available for sale a day after the win, which were sold out in minutes largely due to the excitement and enthusiasm of having the contest come to the nation for the very first time in its 7-edition history.

The theme of the 64th edition is "Music In Full Bloom", inspired by the Sakuralian motto "where culture and creativity bloom." Performers from many of the Waiting List nations are expected to attend, and SHK has also invited some special guest performers to take part as the opening and interval acts.

For those unable to attend in person, there will be video screens in the Mononoke Plaza outside the arena where fans can gather and watch the action. Television coverage will be in English on SHK 1 with commentary by Andi Petrillo. Japanese coverage will be on Radio 1 by Jun Matsumoto

esc87fan

Re: Sakuralia ❀ WLSC 65: Aqua - Turn Back Time

WLSC 65

It was a successful contest in Hanashima, we hope you enjoyed it!

As a special thank you to the people of Denmark for staging such an incredible Eurovision contest in which about two-thirds of the nation tuned in to watch on SHK 3, our entry for WLSC 65 is by Aqua with their amazing song "Turn Back Time"

esc87fan

Re: Sakuralia ❀ WLSC 66: Lisa Lougheed - Run With Us

WLSC 66

WLSC 66 marks Sakuralia's 10th participation in the contest, and a special occasion deserves an entry that's been very special and personal to me. I grew up with this song, so it has a special place in my heart and memory. This is "Run With Us" by Lisa Lougheed, the theme to the popular 1980s Canadian cartoon series The Raccoons

Top Bottom