• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Yoozek

10th Februarry?!?! to submit entries?!?
Wow - that´s very late!

Can TVP really come up with a national final in a few days? I mean, there has to be several rounds of "experts" to listen to all submissions, no?
What do you want to listen to. Interest is so bad they prolong the deadline for another month.

A-lister

Veteran
Not gonna happen.

Yeah, never gonna happen.

Sanah would of course be great, but no popular act in Poland wants to be associated with Eurovision and she's literally the biggest local act currently.

Also, most established artists don't want to have anything to do with TVP either in its current shape (= propaganda channel for governing PiS party). Practically just newcomers that didn't get any breakthrough yet, artists that struggle to become popular, has-beens or generally tragic cases want to enter. It's a a double struggle for TVP now to attract names, as if the bad reputation Eurovision has in Poland wasn't enough...

I guess this is part of the reason why jESC is a more successful platform for Poland and TVP generally does a better job with that format, since these are kids starting their potential careers, no one really judges kids, there is no stigma really and they have nothing to lose really.

Arion

What do you think about this song? Personally, I love it! (y)

xmusicxmusicxmusic

The song is alright. I think it would be a good change from the recent years.
What's crazy for me is that I see posts about this song everywhere and I know the guy :ROFLMAO:
He's from my hometown :ROFLMAO:

lilka

The song is alright. I think it would be a good change from the recent years.
What's crazy for me is that I see posts about this song everywhere and I know the guy :ROFLMAO:
He's from my hometown :ROFLMAO:
Agree, though in the comment section I've read people discussing the eligibility of the song cause it was apparently performed before 1/09/22.
Who is he, by the way? Is he absolutely new? He's good! Gosh, again that feeling of embarrassment...

Sanah is indeed one of the biggest names at the moment. Last week we had a disco party at the primary school where I teach and the kids went crazy whenever one of her songs was played and they shouted all the lyrics. Yeah, didn't sing, shouted and screamed frantically. And they didn't care much about other songs. :ROFLMAO:

Just like us, 90s kids, 20 years before with Ich Troje. :lol:

Last edited:

rasmuslights

Veteran

ok but this is so good. it would probably do as well as monika liu.

marcin maciejczak and alicija are also rumoured! both great imo.

lilka

Agnieszka Chylińska is one of the top names in the industry, and a true icon of the 90s. I think she's not gonna ever participate, although she's spoken quite nicely of the contest in the past.

lasse braun

Agnieszka Chylińska is one of the top names in the industry, and a true icon of the 90s
a new information for me.:)
as german it is difficult to immerse oneself in the polish music world,because the language ect. but there is a lot of interestingmusic to find.
a lot of these acts from the more independent musicscene have a huge potential but not at the ESC how it seems?
xqueenbitch

Last edited:

lilka

To be honest, I wouldn't expect them to participate.
As to Chylińska, she debuted in 1994 or 1995 or something like that, I'm not sure. In 1994 I was only 4. At first, she was the leader of the O.N.A. rock band and a very controversial figure. But as she says, she "grew up". :lol:

If you want, you can tell me some names of songs you like from any singer you want, and I can translate them for you to English in my free time (which is mostly during weekends and not always, but still).

Greeks can ask for Greek translations, like @Nicholas123 once did in the past with a song from "Kwiat Jabłoni" if I remember correctly! :cool:

burrito

Chylińska won't go. While it might be a good opportunity for her to try and get a bit of publicity, but I just can't see her wanting to do with tvp as it is now.

btw I can't believe that Lidia Kopania wants to have a shot again after last year's fiasco :lol:

Iker

Veteran
To be honest, I wouldn't expect them to participate.
As to Chylińska, she debuted in 1994 or 1995 or something like that, I'm not sure. In 1994 I was only 4. At first, she was the leader of the O.N.A. rock band and a very controversial figure. But as she says, she "grew up". :lol:

If you want, you can tell me some names of songs you like from any singer you want, and I can translate them for you to English in my free time (which is mostly during weekends and not always, but still).

Greeks can ask for Greek translations, like @Nicholas123 once did in the past with a song from "Kwiat Jabłoni" if I remember correctly! :cool:

You can usually find good translations on azlyrics.com :-) I am not sure whether into German though, but lasse braun seems to have a good grasp of English so there's that. Other websites or google translate though are poor when it comes to lyrics translations.

A-lister

Veteran
Chylińska won't go. While it might be a good opportunity for her to try and get a bit of publicity, but I just can't see her wanting to do with tvp as it is now.
Chylinska would be an interesting choice (with the right entry), but yeah doubt she's into it.
btw I can't believe that Lidia Kopania wants to have a shot again after last year's fiasco :lol:
Omg really? The girl is pretty but vocals and stage presence (and material) I won't even comment on, and I love how last year she didn't even bother and gave up during the performance :lol:

Mrm

Veteran
@Iker

Hi dear Iker! :)
You remember me?
I have visited Krakow for New Year, I loved it there so much, but it was really short, have to return for sure..
What do you expect from my dearest Poland when it comes to 2023 ESC? :)

Top Bottom