Contact us

NSC 229 in WSN ~ Otters are back, from their 8 year gap! ~ Confirmations ~ DL: 08.06.2024. 23:59 CEST

strajker

NATION SONG CONTEST 229 CONFIRMATIONS ARE NOW OFFICIALLY OPEN!
Kalrathia, Waiting Iist of Shelley & Nici - 31st of May, 2024 at 23:03

Hey everyone!

It's that exciting time again! We're thrilled to announce that Nation Song Contest 229 is officially open for entries. This edition is extra special, focusing on the triumphant return of the otters after a whopping 92 editions, which marks exactly 8 years since their last victory!

ruqxigD.png

8-Year Gap, Otter's Back: Kurwa Bóbr, Pack and Stack!​

After this long 8-year break from victories, the Waiting Iist of Shelley & Nici's fourth win has brought the otters back into the spotlight. But, the otters aren't exactly thrilled. They've come back to Horehronská Televízia to express their disappointment at how other animals have suddenly become popular. They're not having it with Kurwa Bóbr (Damn Beaver), Ježek (Hedgehog), Ratatuj (Ratatouille), and Żabka (Little Frog) taking over their spots. They're even miffed about our own television's use of raccoons!

ChatGPT says the following:
Kurwa Bóbr: A meme about the tenacity and sometimes troublesome nature of beavers, capturing their "never give up" attitude. Ratatuj Poczekaj: This meme, originating from the Polish version of "Ratatouille" (Ratatuj), reflects a sense of urgency and impatience, often in a humorous or chaotic way. Ježek: The cute and sometimes grumpy hedgehog, beloved in many Polish memes. Żabka: The little frog that hops into various funny and adorable situations.

This edition is all about bringing the focus back to OTTERS. They’ve been overshadowed, but now it’s their time to shine again!

Remember:
  • In NSC 99, we delighted in "99 luftbaloons of otterific facts."
  • In NSC 113, we explored "why was their vision blocked."
  • In NSC 137, we faced a "total power outage due to a nuclear catastrophe."
So it has been a while.

Does this mean your entries have to be about otters? Absolutely not!​

Your entries should, however, be unique—something that hasn’t been seen in previous editions of the Nation Song Contest (i.e., the song hasn’t been entered before). Submit your entries via PM to strajker. If my inbox is full, you can also send your entry to horehronieland<at>gmail<dot>com

Confirmation Deadline: 8th of June, 2024 at 23:59 CEST.​

Join the Nation Song Contest 229 now!

🌟 Kurwa Bóbr, Pack and Stack! 🌟

#NSC229 #OttersBack #PolishMemeAnimalsOUT #BurnTheBridges #KurwaBóbrPackAndStack

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

I think I might be #51 because of all the pink (which is the color of my nation's flag)

I think it might be based on the artist/song title.

(I think #13 in the first semi is probably mine because my song is titled "Mi Capitán" (My Captain) and the otter is dressed as a sea captain)

strajker

I think it might be based on the artist/song title.

(I think #13 in the first semi is probably mine because my song is titled "Mi Capitán" (My Captain) and the otter is dressed as a sea captain)
There's no clear criteria, some are based on the music video, some on other performances by the artists, some are just based on "a vibe from the lyrics", and some yes based on the titles. None are flag based.

Top Bottom