6 4.5%

15 11.4%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

MopManMoss

Veteran
It is honestly a decent final I think the bubble has massively underrated it this year, i just want Erica Jennings to come back and deliver another horrifically messy song that will set irish lithuanian relations back

Realest

Realest

Beatrich being the clear jury favorite and being well known is the reason for that I'd suspect.

But she is in danger of being outside the TV Top3.

jatojo

None of the bookmakers' favourites has a chance of qualifying - in my opinion. Mediocre songs all together. The style of music is okay with me - the good melodies just aren't there.

lasse braun

Didnt expect it that clear.
only 1% for a landslide televoting semi 2 winner? (and most points in both semis by a mile!)
this is serious?
but ok,i can also see the power of the jury here - they will set the green lights.
xqueenbitch

simori95

When I listened to it for the fist time my thoughts were that this song sounds oddly familiar to me but I couldn't put my finger on what song/songs that was.

But now I know those songs which Like a Movie remind me are ''One Way Or Another'' by Blondie and a little bit of ''Gay Bar'' by Electric Six.
Like a movie sounds like a song that would be in a mid 2000s teen drama direct to dvd film
It reminds me so much of Everybody Talks by Neon Trees.

Also damn, how the hell did I not pay more attention to PiN before? I had checked out Ruta Mur, Petunija and Gabrielius before because they seem to be the favorites, and none of them spoke to me so I skipped.
Now I saw that Beatrich seems to have taken the favorite spot and decided to check out all final songs. Lithuania really has one of my favorite NF Finals this year (so far)! Unfortunately, the songs with the biggest chances to succeed are not for me at all but oh well.

Monika Linkyte has one of my favorite songs of the entire season thus far, I only wish it were a tiny bit less chaotic in the transitions, but other than that I am amazed. Paulina is also great, even though the verses are not that much for me. I even like Juste‘s song, although I usually don‘t gravitate towards such songs but together with the staging I think it’s captivating and positively weird.

Like a movie isn’t bad but it’s lacking a little something, but it’s still easily my favorite of the favorites. Il Senso, Ruta, Petunija and Moonbee are my bottom four (Not saying they’re bad, they’re not but Ruta is just a style I despise, Petunija didn’t touch me, which makes this emotional ballad a snoozefest, and Moonbee is killed by staging and stage presence of the singer).

Yay Lithuania, great job overall but I would personally be very happy if Monika won and you would almost certainly get my vote 🥳 (not gonna happen, I know)

Last edited:

simori95

1. Monika Linkytė - Stay 9,5/10
2. Paulina Paukštaitytė - Let me think about me 9/10
3. Mario Junes - Do what you do 8/10
4. Justė Kraujelytė - Need more fun 8/10
5. Beatrich - Like a movie 7,25/10
6. Gabrielius Vagelis - Šauksmas 7/10
7. MoonBee - Rumor 6,5/10
8. Petunija - Love of my life 6/10
9. Ruta Mur - So low 4,5/10
10. Il Senso - Sparnai 4/10

empo21

Veteran
Not them sabotaging televote monster Moon Bee like that xlaugh

Seems like Petunija has a good spot nicely separated from Paulina, Beatrich, Ruta

ollibox

Well, I thought I'd give my humble opinion about Pabandom iš naujo 2023 as well xwave
Likers can like, haters can hate xrose

About the Lithuanian songs, I actually didn't get a chance to listen to the pre-final entries, but I hope I didn't miss any pearls because of that. I might check them in the future. Busy times in my life and in ESC bubble as well :D
About the songs that reached the final, here is my conclusion:

10. Monika Linkytė - "Stay"
This starts really nice, like another good piano ballad. But then it gets weird, after the chorus kicks in. Strange song. Not bad, but strange. Not sure, maybe it would have been better to leave it as a piano ballad? The faster part really annoys me big time.
Bottom place for me, sorry.

9. MoonBee - "Rumor"
Nice song, no doubt. But still, not a winner in my book. Too soft somehow, drowns in the crowd in Liverpool. I might listen to it more in the future, but if we are talking about winning songs, that's not it.

8. Mario Junes - "Do What You Do"
Good song! I like it! But the singer is totally wrong for that song! I can't say he's weak, but it's just not right for him. If they'd give the song to someone else, that might even be a winner! Although, the studio version might be a playlist material for me, haven't heard that yet. At the moment, no big points from me (yet).

7. Petunija - "Love Of My Life"
Lithuanians, whatever you do, don't send her to Liverpool! Our Alika will eat her for breakfast! :LOL: And her piano as well.
But seriously, that's a very nice and intimate ballad! Really something for the soul. And the singer performs it truly well. Hat's down! It might go to my Sad Songs playlist. NOT a winner, but I sincerely appreciate the music!

6. Il Senso - "Sparnai"
And what's the Eurovision national final without a generic ballad :D In this case, even a double duet ballad! I was waiting for it, actually. And it's very nice! Definitely a different approach to put four singers on stage. Can't think of any other entry doing it before :unsure:
At first, I thought they were singing in Italian :D It was kinda soft to the ears, if you know what I mean. There will be strong supporters among the jury and the public, but in that kind of close competition, I don't see them winning...

5. Gabrielius Vagelis - "Šauksmas"
First of all - great to hear Lithuanian language in their national final! There's the double ballad as well, of course. But this song? Better - that's one thing. Second - it's REALLY GOOD! Maybe a bit dated, but it has a memorable melody and you can easily humm it afterwards (meaning, it has a good potential to get stuck in your head). But in Liverpool, it wouldn't have the best chances, I think. Nevertheless, TOP 5 in Pabandom iš naujo would not be a surprise.

4. Justė Kraujelytė - "Need More Fun''
WOW! Nice staging! Pretty solid banger. Samantha Tina Lithuanian (softer) version, I guess? :D The show is memorable, but unfortunately, not the song itself. Could still reach (near) TOP 3 I predict.

3. Paulina Paukštaitytė - "Let Me Think About Me"
Another WOW! First thought - she must be very young. Looks like it, anyway. Didn't google it though. That song might do very well, I think! At least I like it a lot! Definitely a playlist song!

2. Rūta Mur - "So Low"
I've seen the name before in different ESC communities. And they usually rated it the highest. So I'm a bit more enthusiastic about this one. AND - it doesn't disappoint me even a bit! The 80's vibe is the cream on my coffee, you know that! :LOL:
A lot of Boy George elements came to my mind first. But this is even better! Maybe because I wasn't a fan of Boy George in ancient days and this is coming back to haunt me through Rūta now? :rolleyes: I wouldn't mind at all if this wins! I'm afraid it would be a tough ask, public vote might not back that entry. For different reasons. Which would be sad.

1. Beatrich - "Like a Movie"
WOW again! That genre is EXACTLY my cup of tea! A bit like Denmark last year. Btw, still quite heartbroken they were stuck in the semi... Anyway, this song - already in my playlist and on repeat! :p
Do I think it's the winner? I HOPE it wins! The more diversity @ESC the better! Although, I'm afraid of the same fate in their semi as the Danish had... The good news is, our (Estonian) semi tends to be a bit weaker than the 1st semi, so....

My overall impression - quite strong competition this year, I have to say! Something for every taste! This time, the pre-heats and semifinals have done their job really well indeed!
I quite enjoyed listening to all the songs and found some favorites for me as well. Well done, Lietuva!x12points

Cheers!xwave

Top Bottom