Contact us

Kosovo KOSOVO 2024 - not taking part

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Mainshow

Veteran
It seems that the EBU supports the Festivali in Kosovo.
The organiser/producer announced that Kosovo will not debut next year:

We will not have a representative in Eurovision, I am convinced that the Ministry of Foreign Affairs makes efforts for Kosovo to be part of it, but we have chosen a different strategy.

“We will produce a festival, which will be led by youth. It will be a Festival with distinct schemes like Eurovision, but also like Sanremo.

“It is a Kosovar festival, there will be guests from Albania as well, it will be a great celebration for the creators of this festival

ESC94

Mainshow

Veteran
"Ajo" is already quite impressive - even though the sound could have been better.
EBU and Europe is missing out - the talent is clearly here.

The director-general of the EBU (Noel Curran) made an appearance during the show and congrulated Kosovo for putting up that show.

Last edited:

Mainshow

Veteran
The first Eurovision-tastic emergency of this season!!!!!!

A very powerful and emotional power ballad which would make Albania proud @Looren

Last edited:

njdevils94

Veteran
Auron's song feels like a Ronela dance knock-off. he got a great reaction though along with Saranda Alija.

My favorites are Nita Latifi with an athemic mid-tempo and La Fazani

elanyvx

The 10 artists for the final show tonight

Albin Nikprelaj
Angus Dei
Auron Deva
Hilmi Obertinca
Klea Dina
La Fazani
Neki Emra
Nita Latifi
Saranda Alija
Urban Band

Ajeje Brazorf

Hem, guys, I saw some of you posted about Serbia and Kosovo playing in the same competition under UEFA so "what will be the problem if Kosovo joins Eurovision"? Well, the fact Serbia and Kosovo are playing the same competition under UEFA is not totally true: we will not see Serbia and Kosovo drawn in the same qualification Group, for example, we will not see a Serbia-Kosovo or a Kosovo-Serbia played in Serbia or Kosovo, never, we can only see a match like this one in Final Tournaments and I have this feeling public won't be allowed at that match, even on neutral soil... Kosovo was allowed to participate in their competitions by UEFA, but UEFA is well aware of the friction between these countries.

In Eurovision, lots of previous Albanian singers were Kosovars, so do we really need problems when there is no need to have that kind of problem? That's my point.

Last edited:

elanyvx

The winner of the first edition is La Zafani

2nd place for Angus Dei
3rd place for Albin Nikprelaj

Orchestra Award for Saranda Alija

• Undo my Sad
Reactions: GRE

Looren

Veteran
The winner of the first edition is La Zafani

Not a big fan of the verses but the chorus is good, could've been quite a unique entry in ESC, well let's hope Kosovo can take part in 2025 'cause they could be a great addition musically

GRE

I have just listened the winner.
They're not ready yet.
Reminds me a Turkish entry from 80s.

Mainshow

Veteran
It was a "stand-out" performance, imo - even already on Night 1 but the song itself is "too chaotic" for my liking (I don't hate it, though) - it would have been a fun debut. A pity the winner also said something like "I know I can't go to Eurovision but I like you, Kosovo, anyway" (if the ESC fanpages are to believe).

There were better/more competitive songs, imo but anyway, congrats to La Fazani

Mainshow

Veteran
Cyprus is only an independent state because of the UK & Turkey it would have also just been Greece otherwise very different situation compared to Serbia/Kosovo & Albania
Indeed.
That's why Kosovo as a participant would bring something new to the table.

Top Bottom