escYOUnited

Administrator
it.png

GianlucaTomoe

Banned

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
Re: ITALY 2019

Why? This year ESC has received almost no coverage on Italian press and TV ratings of semi-finals have been very low. Probably only recording companies are pushing RAI and Italian artists to keep partecipating in ESC.

These are not valid reasons to justify a withdrawal, this year's final has been the second most watched final since our return.

wtf

Why even talk about withdrawal? You guys have reached top 10 two years in a row. :)

prime

Because ESC here is not very popular and perceived as a rubbish music show.

Dude, you are aware that it's mostly viewed as a rubbish music show in every country more or less?

Jukica

(Retired) Admin

^ Agree & I don't see Italy withdrawing soon

On the other hand, I am hoping for one of those artists: xcheer xcheer

Annalisa

Giusy Ferreri

Chiara Galiazzo

Arisa

Elisa

ag89

Italy will not withdraw and ratings are a bit higher this year actually.

missbones

I low-key wish for a breathtaking Italian ballad, but honestly I just hope for a better selection than last year's:rolleyes: It'd be great to see Ultimo, the last winner of the nuove proposte, I really like himxrose

darkap

I'm sick of this withdrawal nonsense coming up every now and then. Stop this shit.

Edre

Some interesting names that Italian eurofans would like to see on stage are the last winner and runner-up of our version of X Factor. I'll leave their last singles below. They're among the less known artists that are usually named by Italian ESC fans, other than the way more known ones like Annalisa, The Kolors, Arisa etc.

Anyway, our national selection will probably be Sanremo again (not that it's a bad thing, I mean, all of the winners of Sanremo that competed have placed in the top 10), so expect names like Arisa (she's almost surely coming back this year), Malika Ayane, Michele Bravi, Elodie, Chiara and so on. Basically the ones who compete every two years. And a bunch of old glories, of course, because Baglioni is almost surely coming back as our creative director. A huge name in the Italian music industry that was rumoured to participate last year was Alessandra Amoroso, because Baglioni and her are kind of friends, so she could make her debut in Sanremo this year. And she would win 100%, so watch out for her if she ends up competing.

Honestly, I hope for an indie artist (or Itpop, as many call this sort of Italian indie-pop that is gaining popularity in the recent years) to represent us, it is a really appreciated genre among younger people, and it's really different from indie music outside of Italy. It would be cool to send something a bit more daring, just to show a different side of Italian music that many people outside of Italy ignore. This year we've had Lo Stato Sociale, but their song was a bit gimmicky and more commercial than usual Itpop songs, but I still hope they showed that different genres could also do well in Sanremo, encouraging other artists than the usual ones to compete.

missbones

[MENTION=15484]Edre[/MENTION] do you think artists like Thegiornalisti are interested in participating? I'd love to see something like that too! I'm not sure how it'll be received at ESC tho, Italy seems to do better when you send /italian/ (whatever that means) things, like L'essenziale or Grande Amore.

Edre

@<b><a href="http://escunited.com/forum/member.php?u=15484" target="_blank">Edre</a></b> do you think artists like Thegiornalisti are interested in participating? I'd love to see something like that too! I'm not sure how it'll be received at ESC tho, Italy seems to do better when you send /italian/ (whatever that means) things, like L'essenziale or Grande Amore.

I don't think they will take part in Sanremo, sadly. They're really popular at the moment, and they don't really need Sanremo to validate their career. And I agree with you, it seems like the more "Italian" songs do better at the Eurovision, and they fit more into the "itpop" category I was talking about in the last post (they're kind of on the mainstream side of itpop). It would be cool to see them, but considering that our representant has to win Sanremo, I would count them out.

For everyone who doesn't know them, these are their last single and another one that I think represents quite well what they usually do.

missbones

Thank you so much for answer, well, that's a shame:( I've been listening to their music for a couple of months now but I didn't know they were so big. And that's also "the worst" part of that genre, a lot of artists are so indie that they wouldn't even think about participating in the festival, I guess. And even if they go for it, they still need to win it AND accept going to Eurovision, which is a lot to go through :lol:

lolita

^ Agree & I don't see Italy withdrawing soon

On the other hand, I am hoping for one of those artists: xcheer xcheer

Annalisa

I want them to send Annalisa. If they sent her this year, she would be my number 1, I love to listen to this song, it is so beautiful. xheart

Top Bottom