15 9.8%

7 4.6%

2 1.3%

4 2.6%

1 0.7%

4 2.6%

• Total voters

Edward

I could feel her discomfort and nervousness throughout the song. Her eyes kept chasing the "on the air" camera with a slight delay. If she had been more at ease and confident it would have done better.

cegs5

I could feel her discomfort and nervousness throughout the song. Her eyes kept chasing the "on the air" camera with a slight delay. If she had been more at ease and confident it would have done better.

I agree. I love the studio version but live it was a bit dosappointing, she wasn't confident at all. After all, 16th place is decent and I would say even a bit more than I expected after seeing her performance.

Titowam

The performance tonight could've been better. It sounded a bit "eh?" at some parts..

EDIT: Also dont understand the staging with the hanging plants, like.. what?

oxy333

Proud of Francesca! What worked and what not doesn't count at all right now, she is a real emotional girl and put everything in her performarmance, when you give all yourslef there is nothing to complain about.
Thank you for all the people who voted for Francesca! xrose

EscGeek

Veteran
she's so beautifulxheat

VedatiNet

Never liked this song and I'm happy that it did not do well

tararaaam

This was akward, bad vocally and kitsch
Shame cause it is a good song and Francesca seems supercute person.

Franco

New message and pictures from Francesca: xrunhug
https://www.facebook.com/francescacheeks/posts/1031898060237168

Living this week with so many people madly in love with music from all around the world has been extraordinary for me.
‪#‎ComeTogether‬ has not only been the hashtag of Eurovision. It has been its life source that inspired all of us while waiting to be on stage.
That’s what I will never forget for the rest of my life. I will always be proud to have been part of it and to have contributed with a small seed called music.
Thanks to everyone I met and those who supported me making all this real.

We are precious!

qh1WFS4.jpg

Mrm

Veteran
I'm speechless how good this was in the end! xbow
This is the top class!

Franco

So what's the Italian reaction?

Not much: praises for the whole show, critics for the italian commentators, agreement about Francesca deserving a better placement.
Last year there was much more buzz, admittedly. xshrug
Even the tv ratings have been half a disappointment (they are equal to last year's, but they were expected to be much higher because it was aired on the main channel).

oxy333

NDOS is charting good: http://esctracker.com/

I was expecting something like 5mln of spectators on RAI 1 but it seems that changing channel doesn't change the results compared to 2015.

musicfan

Not much: praises for the whole show, critics for the italian commentators, agreement about Francesca deserving a better placement.
Last year there was much more buzz, admittedly. xshrug
Even the tv ratings have been half a disappointment (they are equal to last year's, but they were expected to be much higher because it was aired on the main channel).

I've been looking through a load of stuff in translation and it seems the main focus is on the political aspect with Ukraine winning (how it is anti-Russian, or how tartars supposedly helped Nazis, and how Italy should now send a political song). Another criticism is that most of the songs are in English. Though many are proud that this song was in Italian. Also a comment that top performers are not normally sent to Eurovision now. And I think someone said Italy does best when they send a big singer. Most comments are critical along those lines, though one person said the contest is fun compared to old Sanremo. Also a criticism of the Italian commentary as not being relevant or fitting the contest.

Not much comment on Francesa, one article saying she was unlucky. A couple of comments were critical, about her being part of a bad modern generation of Italian music, and another saying he never liked her as a performer. The focus really seems off her though.

Krishoes

I don't know how can someone expect such a great results in the ratings with Amici on Canale 5. Usually the Saturday's shows on Rai 1 have less than 4 millions of viewers. Francesca wasn't one of the big favourites compared to Il Volo and althought this we improved a bit the ratings. It's a success, actually.

musicfan

Chinese? It still all sounds Italian to me lol. Chinese must be about as different from Italian as can be, it's so staccato (though ironically I think that's an Italian word).

Top Bottom