Contact us

ESC United - Rehearsal and Live Show discussion megathread

Sean

Admin
Staff member
It's time for the rehearsals to finally get underway for Eurovision 2024 at Malmö Arena! 37 countries will begin their preparations for this year's contest today, with over two weeks of coverage to come from the ESC United team on the ground!

The schedule for rehearsals is below (thank you Eurovisionworld! All times in CEST);

You can check out Matt's pre-rehearsal live stream below in case you missed it;

DAY ONE

The team will be on hand to cover everything going on in Malmö over the coming weeks, so make sure to follow ESC United on Facebook, Twitter (X), Instagram, and YouTube and Twitch to not miss a minute!

Please also use this thread for any rehearsal coverage and discussion, including for jury shows, dress rehearsals and the live shows!​

Attachments

• 1714181273244.png
    1714181273244.png
    84.7 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

jatojo

Too many jokes that are not accurate enough. Like when the hosts say the Swedes are crazy about alcohol. Sweden is one of the least alcohol consuming nations in the world. It used to be hard to even go and buy a beer there.

Last edited:

empo21

Veteran
Malta has to qualify. Best girl-bop of the night. Czechia was basically a lip syncing for her life, but it was still epic, so I wouldn't mind seeing them Q instead of Belgium, Austria, Israel.

soulm8

A bold choice to use the emotional bit at the end as The Netherlands's highlight.
Genius actually! Everyone remembers him dancing around so it was a great decision to show emotions as well. Genius.

SpiritofKeiino

As someone who has Belgium second this year, musti was terrible and I don't need to seem him again on Saturday
Awful vocals. Hope it NQs

I'm calling the NQs as Latvia, Albania, Denmark, San Marino, Greece and Belgium. Greece really disappointed me

Malagant

FSC Administrator
Staff member
The songs I really want to have in the final are:

Israel
Austria
Norway

Others it would be nice to have in the final:

Denmark
Georgia

The ones I am pretty certain will make it into the final:

Switzerland
San Marino
The Netherlands

General thoughts: Switzerland is much hyped but I only think it's ok. Not too keen on the stage performance. France has a ballad of the type that I like but not 100% keen on his singing, still nice. I also enjoyed the retro-style disco-banger from Spain.

The Semi 2 show is just as professional quality as Semi 1, also including cool ESC-history glimpses, and I for one think Sweden (including the 2 Swedish presenters) is doing a great job with ESC 2024!

I think this Semi 2 is stronger than Semi 1, few songs I thought were really bad though some (f.ex. The Netherlands, Estonia, Latvia) are just not my style.

Best of luck to all countries! xup

Etanna

tbh I could see Denmark doing better than expected because there were so many intense and chaotic performances. I could totally see Saba getting votes from the average parents/grandparents

NeoTen

Malta suddenly is favourite to shock as Q. Overtaking Denmark and San Marino. Belgium keeps lowering in % to go through. Belgium has a problem prob. The rest looks set. I can't imagine many televoters really voting Estonia though.

So, I think: Israel, Netherlands, Armenia, Georgia, Austria, Norway, Switzerland, Greece, Norway, Malta, Denmark. But my brain says Denmark is gonna get swapped for San Marino. Juries would put Denmark through easily.

Etanna

interesting how people who keep booing and harassing Israel seem to love a Turkish representative

soulm8

Time to invite Hadise for the final!

jatojo

The odds haven't changed for days in terms of which songs will qualify.

Top Bottom