Don't let me down
Don't let me down
'Cause our love is gone away
Ah hold me tight

Don't let me down

berlyda

NSC Mod
Staff member
Re: Halito's Topic: Thank you NSC for being so great over the years. I'm not withdrawing, but I have something important to say.

This is going to be a bit of a mega-post. First of all, let me reveal my oh-so-relevant entry for NSC 139:

NSC 139

Never have I identified so strongly with the lyrics of a song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hO9qTXrXoe8

If you listened to the lyrics, you might see where I'm going with this. If you didn't, allow me to elucidate...

I have struggled with social anxiety disorder for a long time (I don't like calling it a disorder, but that's what it is). I've had breakdowns, breakthroughs, times where I felt I was at breaking point. It's been a journey. That journey is far from over, and I will probably be climbing this mountain for the rest of my life. But life has been improving a lot since I moved to New York, to the point where I'm able to write this post.

I have never felt comfortable telling people what goes on inside my head, for fear of judgement. Very often I am weak, I am vulnerable, I am scared, and in my mind I am a broken man. I do whatever it takes to appear a strong, normal, healthy man in the minds of everyone else. So I bottled up my emotions and kept these thoughts to myself. That wasn't healthy, and I had a total breakdown a few years ago. I then started bottling my emotion up in inkwells instead, letting it spill forth in the form of poetry and prose whenever I could feel myself reaching breaking point. That has worked better, but I feel I need to move on to the next step now, and work on dispensing with the bottles entirely.

So I welcome you to the grand opening of the carnival of my mind. Entry is free, but try to be respectful to the creatures that live here. You NSCers are the lucky ones to get the first tickets to this show, because honestly I am still afraid to say this to anyone I know in real life, and this is a very supportive community.

To kick off, here's a short piece I wrote about what it's like living with an anxiety disorder:

"Fear and Trembling"

And now, if I haven't scared you off yet, here's some of that poetry I was talking about. I'll start it off light and ramp it up.

"An Ode To Oscar"

"Computer In Love"

"Sonetto Moderno"

"Bio - Graphic"

"The Plunge"

"In Vulnerability"

"Lost"

I'm thinking of making a Tumblr with all of these poems, and releasing it to the world... still not sure if that's a good idea though. Anyway, thanks for listening.

pjelacki

Re: Halito's Topic: Thank you NSC for being so great over the years. I'm not withdrawing, but I have something important to say.

Reading this I figured I find it to be quite brave from you to post/send self made songs to NSC considering you have SAD. I don't think I'm suffering from SAD myself, but would never dare to do something like that.

Relevant: http://waitbutwhy.com/2014/06/tamin...hare&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=sm_share

berlyda

NSC Mod
Staff member

Reading this I figured I find it to be quite brave from you to post/send self made songs to NSC considering you have SAD. I don't think I'm suffering from SAD myself, but would never dare to do something like that.

I do stuff like that occasionally to challenge myself. I have fleeting moments of confidence which I try to take advantage of - all it takes is one mouse click to post something online. The actual making of the video/song isn't so bad because no-one else has seen/heard it at that point, and if I wanted to I could delete it all and forget it ever happened. Those videos make me cringe like hell when I watch them though, heh.

Someone else showed me that article when I told them about this a while back haha. I love Wait But Why :)

Paper7

I just wanted to say how great it is, that in this community you can post something like that without getting stupid comments on it or comments from people who just give standard answers and wanna show you solutions for your problems... i mean, you have lived with them for such a long time and other people can't tell you new ways for solve them, i hate comments of such a type. And btw: it seems you already made many steps and alltough there may be many to go, you go on, thats great.

I personally interpret the many likes on your posting and the few answers as listening to you, which is often the most helpfull way. A "Like" from me to the community. :)

berlyda

NSC Mod
Staff member

Thanks for the comment :) This community is the best, I completely agree. I got some supportive PMs too, which were much appreciated :)

EurovisionSmile

Veteran

I would like to say that I totally feel you. I've been there and I know how it feels. xheart xheart And it was great you mentioned and shared it. We all have different experiences and many people don't know how it feels to live with permament anxiety, everything, even the smallest things, become big challenges and such a drama is not always understood. I hope things get better as much as possible. xheart xheart

berlyda

NSC Mod
Staff member
Re: Maccha-Brugia 140: The Return of Akala

NSC 140

After an incredible result last edition, I'm going to honour Maccha-Brugia's memory with a song from my favourite rap artist, back in NSC after a 124-edition hiatus.

27 Shakespeare plays, 16 famous Shakespeare quotes. Flawless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUCFlzrkclg

berlyda

NSC Mod
Staff member
Re: Halito's Topic: NSC 144 ~ Fuckboy

NSC 146

Martial Canterel - Don't Let Me Go

berlyda

NSC Mod
Staff member

NSC 148

(Not my entry)
I'll be back next edition.

berlyda

NSC Mod
Staff member

NSC 150

I'll be honest with you all here. I was going to make my NSC 148 break into a permanent one. But then Salmon left, so I decided to give 149 a shot. But I was paying so little attention that I missed the semi deadline... so I thought maybe I should withdraw after all. But now Kreso goes and leaves too, and we can't have another awesome nation disappearing. Soooo

HALITO IS BACK

WITH AN NF

Let me know which song I should send:

1. Pop

2. Rock

3. Punk

Top Bottom