Contact us

WLSC 264 in Marcobia 👑 The Show 🎵 Results are In!

Gera11

WorldVision Mod 🌻
Staff member
Thank youuu:

:10: Moisantia, L, Oosingimaed xheart xheart xheart
:8: Grand Duchy of Strenci, New Bander State
:7: Waiting Iist of Shelley & Nici, Fierraria, Balearica Island
:5: Marcobia
:2: Oussou Empire, Konthena

I've been listening to Strangers a lot, it's one my autumn 2023 favourite songs. Happy to see you enjoyed it too. 😊

Thank you for hosting, Marcos! You did great on your first (!) ever hosting.

See you in Meridia. xheart

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
I'm actually quite surprised by the reception ::pyr got, I know how much in your face Ado's music can be - even more so in this song than in Odo with which I won WV, it definitely isn't for everyone.

:10: WLS&N, [Pap]endik
:8: Moisantia, Fierraria, Lapotré
:6: Marcobia
:5: Öösingimäed
:4: Oussou Empire, Afnia, Rehi Kaita
:2: Utopolis
:1: Meridia, Balearica Island

I'm also glad Gera won in the end because I know I wouldn't have been able to refuse hosting, while I definitely don't have enough bandwidth for this.

Thank you Marcos, and probably don't see you all in 265 lmao

Marcos C

Thanks to the following who gave Marcobia points.

:12: Afnia
:5: Federal Republic of Meridia
:4: Fierraria, Grand Duchy of Strenci
:2: New Bander State
:1: Pyreica

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Top 10 on my return! Thank you!

iowacorn

Woooo, great winner, congratulations FRO Meridia!!! And congrats to Marcobia for your first hosting, well done!

I did not expect so many people to vote for the hot drums from Lithuania. Thank you everyone xheart

ferret

Congratulations to Federal Republic of Meridia on her debut win! xcheer Congratulations to Marcobia on their first hosting! xheya
Everyone else did great too and submitted good music! (y) The edition was strong, so our 3rd place is very much appreciated.
New Bander State thanks everyone who voted for us! xlove

Scania

Congratulations to Federal Republic of Meridia on her debut win! xcheer Congratulations to Marcobia on their first hosting! xheya
Everyone else did great too and submitted good music! (y) The edition was strong, so our 3rd place is very much appreciated.
New Bander State thanks everyone who voted for us! xlove
This was a great winner in a tough contest. Was really hard to choose a top 5 and especially top 3.

Thank you to everyone that voted for the Grand Duchy of Strenci, giving us a fine 7th place. And especially, a big thanks to New Bander State! Really fun that we manged to swap 12 pointers with rather different songs :D:love:

soundofsilence

You people hte me and all my entries
Eighteenth place?!

Marcos C

You people hate me and all my entries
Eighteenth place?!
It's not you, it's the openly Christian message that other participants in this contest don't accept. The fact that your song received 24 points indicates that some participants at least tolerated it enough to give it some points. I certainly enjoyed the song and appreciate your honesty regarding your Christian faith.

soundofsilence

soundofsilence

It's not you, it's the openly Christian message that other participants in this contest don't accept. The fact that your song received 24 points indicates that some participants at least tolerated it enough to give it some points. I certainly enjoyed the song and appreciate your honesty regarding your Christian faith.
Please explain then why I cannot get above sixteenth place no matter what I submit

Morty

Trondheim, Norway / Niavara, Balearica Island
It's not you, it's the openly Christian message that other participants in this contest don't accept.
Can confirm. It's going to take something very special for me to give points to something obviously religious. That doesn't mean it hasn't happened, I gave 10 points to G-Powered in NSC 62 (the G stands for God afaik), and I've followed them on Facebook ever since, but it helps that I don't understand any of the Finnish lyrics.

CypriotGirl

Veteran
IMO it's not this. I'm 100% Christian and proud about it, but I didn't vote for it because I simply didn't like the song itself. Usually this kind of songs don't do well in forum contests no matter who sends it, so @soundofsilence shouldn't take it personally. ;)

Uto

Veteran
Let's not deny that there is a little tax on religious songs. Doesn't matter ultimately. WLSC has been very good lately so there is little space for decent-to-good gospel, I mean it's just not a popular genre among the WLSC crowd. Doesn't mean people are haters or nothing like that.

CypriotGirl

Veteran
As CyriotGirl explained above, songs of a religious nature do not do well in contests. For WLSC 265, I recommend finding a song that would appeal to a broader audience.
It's the type of music actually, not the lyrics or the context of the song. I had good result with this song in a few contests, which is of religious context but it's of folk rock genre, and I bet it would do quite well in WLSC if it was entered:

Top Bottom