Contact us

Who from Semi 1 and 2 will qualify?

mauve

Veteran
Now that almost all entries are chosen, let's guess, who will qualify from each semi? Let's discuss!

I bims

Veteran
This year is really tough because we have a few very solid entries (all of them in Semi 1) and then a looot of "meh". And it's hard to tell what meh-songs will resonate more with the audience since they are just very meh.

Semi 1:
Very likely/almost certain qualifiers
:fi::se::no::cz::md::rs:
Finland will win this semi.

Maybe
:hr::ch::il:

Unlikely but possible
:mt:

Semi 2:
Very likely qualifiers
:cy::dk::be::at::au:
I think we haven't heard this semi winner yet.

Maybe
:am::ee::sl::ge:

Unlikely but possible
:pl:

12Pointsgoto.....

We will definitely lose some favourites from Semi 1, as it is really a blood bath. I enjoy estonia and slovenia from semi 2, but that's about it.

Looren

Veteran
So far the only countries that I feel are 100% Q are :fi: :no: :se: :sl:

:be: :ee: :au: :md: :cz: are likely to Q too but am still not 100% sure

Deleted member 12761

Semi 1:

100%: :mt::no::rs::cz::fi::se:
50%: :md::ie::hr: (The SF is so strong and uptempo that I'm not so sure about Croatias chances anymore. The song is bad imo but has its fans)
Less than 50%: :nl: (I like the song but I have a bad feeling), :lv: (Same like Netherlands)

Semi 2:

100%: :cy::au::ee::al:
50%: :dk::is::sl::pl::lt::be:
0%: :sm::ro:

lasse braun

Gustaph and his hat
will he loose him?
there are a lot a gayfriendly acts this year - fresh entry :rs:
already in the final :fr::it:
coming soon :se: with an ikone and :fi: is maybe also something in a more weird way?
thin ice for :be: but also for :rs:
or not?
xqueenbitch

jatojo

Semi 1:

100%: :mt::no::rs::cz::fi::se:
50%: :md::ie::hr: (The SF is so strong and uptempo that I'm not so sure about Croatias chances anymore. The song is bad imo but has its fans)
Less than 50%: :nl: (I like the song but I have a bad feeling), :lv: (Same like Netherlands)

Semi 2:

100%: :cy::au::ee::al:
50%: :dk::is::sl::pl::lt::be:
0%: :sm::ro:

I agree on much of this, but Albania 100%?? :)

theditz83

Veteran
Based on the songs released so far...

Semi 1 locks:
:no: :fi: :cz: :rs:
Highly likely pending release/confirmation:
:se: :il:
Probably, but not totally convinced:
:md: :nl:
Left-field votes to:
:hr:
No chance:
:ie: :lv:

Semi 2 locks:
:cy: :au: :is: :sl:
Highly likely pending release:
:at:
Probably, but not totally convinced:
:lt: :ee: :be: :al:
Likely to flop:
:pl: :sm: :ro:

simori95

I Will just put released Songs here so far, but I will Post again once all songs Are released

Semi 1:
Very likely: :fi::no:

Likely: :md::cz:

More likely than not: :rs::nl:

More unlikely than likely: :hr::lv::ch:

Unlikely: :mt::ie:

Semi 2:

Very likely:

Likely: :ee::au::sl::at:

More likely than not: :cy::dk::lt::be:

More unlikely than likely: :is::al::pl:

Unlikely: :ro::sm:

Last edited:

midnightsun

Veteran
Let's see what we have. This is a telephone voting only, so there will be the usual diaspora / neighbour votes. Plus, this year, we have also non participating countries voting. They are combined to one set of points only but songs that are easy listening, radio friendly are of advantage there. Maybe it’s the one or other point that turns the scale!

Semi 1

The only safe songs imho are :fi: and :se:.
Otherwise, a lot can happen and we have seen favourites fall in the past.
:no: is very likely, yet this is a contender for a FFF in the final.
In it to win it but maybe borderline: :cz:
:md: :hr: and :rs: will steal the votes from the Slavic countries from them.
A shocking Q'er could be :ie:.
The last two spots I leave open for when we know all the songs.

Semi 2

First safe one is :dk: This is something I can see doing well especially around the globe and Scandinavia / Middle Europe.
Also pretty safe: :al: The televote has almost always saved them in past years and I see a lot of Southern Europe voting for this.
:au: is in as well I think.
:pl: will sing its way off-key to the final thanks to the Eastern European countries and popular around the world. Diaspora votes will not be massive like in the past but they can surely activate some.
Now it’s getting more difficult.
I wish I could say that :sl: is a safe bet but with this country you never now. Like Czechia it hasn’t many "friends" and does not have a groundbreaking record of top songs going through on a regular basis. It’s still in danger despite the hype, but due to the lack of amount of good songs it will make it.
:ee: and :lt: will make it too. Estonia is the only real ballad and Lithuania… let’s face it… manages to gather some neighboring or diaspora votes (even if not as much as in the past).
To complete the Semi, :is: and :cy: are in.
And last, but not least: :at: unless Armenia or Greece send a banger!

Iker

Veteran
But the only other scandi country in the semi is Iceland who in recent years often gives Denmark only a moderate to small amount in the televote

Yeah and :dk: does not have a stellar Q-ing record either. And there's a certain likelihood that a supposed revamp will effectively be a de-vamp as in making this entry worse, yes it happened many times before. Leave well enough alone they say.

midnightsun

Veteran
This is all true, however most songs will Q this year and only a few will stick in the semi. DK is popular at the moment from what I see in the fan tops on Social Media. This plus televotes from Iceland and I also think people around the world will vote for it because this is the most typical radio song of all songs we have so far.
We‘ll see.

MopManMoss

Veteran
This is all true, however most songs will Q this year and only a few will stick in the semi. DK is popular at the moment from what I see in the fan tops on Social Media. This plus televotes from Iceland and I also think people around the world will vote for it because this is the most typical radio song of all songs we have so far.
We‘ll see.
If fan tops meant anything San Marino would have won eurovision 2021

Top Bottom