Contact us

United Kingdom UNITED KINGDOM 2025

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

HectorDM

Henry Moodie, please. A gorgeous ballad similar to "Drunk Txt" will do very well. Like Sam Ryder, he's likeable and great live.

Sean

Admin
Staff member
My current hot suggestion is Artemas

Kitakaze

Feels like a total pipe dream right now to think Rina would be tempted to do it after Olly’s result but it goes without saying she’d be one of our best contenders who actually does tick all of the boxes. Evidently it needs to be something risky regardless of who goes and there should be no excuses for not picking a reliable live performer next time.

Chrisiam

Given how close Rina is rumoured to have gotten to do it in 2023 I could only see her doing it if she is given creative control and freedom over the project. Which I can see the BBC allowing, though I fear that given that Olly was (seemingly) given control over the staging of this year they may be reluctant to do so. And if it is true that she was close to doing it in 2023 but didn't because of what essentially boiled down to paperwork issues she may be reluctant to get involved for fear of getting messed around again.

ESCConor

we need to go back to basics.

we need to get someone who is a strong vocalist, who has that experience of performing to big crowds and we also need to promote the song/artist and give them full creative control and freedom over their staging too, the key to winning ESC is to go after those jury votes and create that moment on stage.

I think we got the production right, and the staging concept was good in theory, but I think overall Olly vocally was not great and maybe the televote was put off by the oversexualised nature of the staging.

Im not calling for the resignations of people from the delegation, there's a lot the UK delegation have got spot on in the last few years, but we do need to do better in terms of finding an artist who vocally is consistently very strong live.

Do these things and I have no doubt we will do better next year.

Last edited:

FitzyUK

Someone with strong vocals and a catchy chorus. The staging for this year was great the song and vocals just did not match. Names wise I could not even begin to guess.

SAYAY

I really loved Dizzy and I really love Olly Alexander, I just want every single person from the UK in here to know that

xrose:no:xheart:uk:

Fluke

Still want Brett Domino to have a shot!

SpiritofKeiino

I'm gutted for Olly and the UK delegation. I fear 2025 will be a return to the Michael Rice/Electro Velvet era.

Top Bottom