8 5.4%

1 0.7%

2 1.4%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Fluke

As much as i loathe this song, those final notes were pretty damn impressive. Juries might reward this even more.

NeoTen

As much as i loathe this song, those final notes were pretty damn impressive. Juries might reward this even more.
No lies here, but I can't get over the fact the dress is not really a dress. Her breasts were moving the whole time. I wouldn't forbid her as her mom, but, idk, and do what you want, but I wonder if she was actually the last one by votes to go through. I guess I don't like dresses being more impressive than the notes.

theditz83

Veteran
I knew this was going through from the first few lines she sung. So assured and confident.

I'll be honest, the squealing at the end gets a bit much - it might not be as grating if they rammed up the volume on the backing vocals singing the main refrain, but glad this one proved the nay sayers wrong. xup

crashworld

Veteran
Shocking! I had this down as NQ. Because the staging didn't quite fit the song and I thought her wailing at the end will turn people off. But congrats to her for pulling through.

Last edited:

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
What?

A weak translation of the (beautiful and complex) music video, a clearly very nervous vocal, wrong-side-of-borderline qualification odds BEFORE we knew both of those things were coming, and...a surprise qualification!

Usually when one of my favorites shock-qualifies, they put together some kind of spectacular performance that brings people on board and that I spend the next several years of my life revisiting (GLz, Y; Liu, Monika; Monetta, Valentina; Stamenov, Bojana). Raiven tonight, honestly, did no such thing; I still hold "Veronika" close to my heart but will do so via the studio version.

I'm elated; don't get me wrong. I'm also just...confused.

musicfan

What?

A weak translation of the (beautiful and complex) music video, a clearly very nervous vocal, wrong-side-of-borderline qualification odds BEFORE we knew both of those things were coming, and...a surprise qualification!

Usually when one of my favorites shock-qualifies, they put together some kind of spectacular performance that brings people on board and that I spend the next several years of my life revisiting (GLz, Y; Liu, Monika; Monetta, Valentina; Stamenov, Bojana). Raiven tonight, honestly, did no such thing; I still hold "Veronika" close to my heart but will do so via the studio version.

I'm elated; don't get me wrong. I'm also just...confused.
The vocal was very good, I think you are looking for faults there. The staging didn't really tell the story which feels a missed chance. But if this is all Raiven's concept without restrictions I respect that.

mauve

Veteran
Really really happy Raiven made it. She had fantastic vocals, but I didn't like the staging that much tbh. I gave her 10 votes yesterday (more than I thought I would). I hope she can surprise in the final!

Uto

Veteran
Ultimately if you look at what was there I feel there was definitely space for an over-the-top power ballad that impresses by answering yes to the question of how many and this was it. A total mess all over, but yeah if performed with aplomb I guess it might convince enough people. I don't mind seeing it in the final.

SirPeterGriffin

So glad this was announced early. I couldn't bear the risk of having this out. Raiven is an Artist with a capital A. The staging didn't fullfilled all the mysticism inherent to the song but she certainly did with each note and camera interaction.

Mainshow

Veteran
Really really happy Raiven made it. She had fantastic vocals, but I didn't like the staging that much tbh. I gave her 10 votes yesterday (more than I thought I would). I hope she can surprise in the final!

Oh that's awesome!
I also voted 16x for her.
I can't wait to find out if Germany gave some points to Slovenia - I've heard from a couple of German fans that they (surprisingly) voted for her.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
SHE MADE IT!!! LET'S ALL CHEER!!!!

Personally, I kinda hated the live presentation oops. I think I made the capital error of immediately imprinting onto Veronika and headstaging it and well - it looks far less impressive / inspired on a stage. Still, the only thing "'wrong" with it is not living up to its full potential the way I specifically envisioned it which isn't really a negative and it qualified anyway, so.

VERONIKA, A GOOD EUROVISION SONG AS PROVEN BY RESULTS. YAY!

aef

I always love to see :sl: in the final and I was very surprised yesterday but this year the song is just a no from me. As I said before, there isn't really any song with a melody there, it's just overly dramatic acting and screaming most of the time. In general I'm not a fan of any previous Raiven song. But hey I'm still happy for you :sl:. One day I want to see a :sl: top 5 act.

• Like It
Reactions: GRE

elanyvx

Amazing reaction for Raiven! she had taken into account that she might not get through the semi-final (also due to the odds). This was a surprise for everyone but a vindication for her, she was surprised and with tears! I actually believed that she would get through the semi-final with ease.

soulm8

I found her performance not convincing at all, happy she qualified though.

Milos-BC

So happy for Raiven and also for the fact that the entire ex-yu block is in the final. Maybe everything could've been even more dynamic but I loved it nonetheless and Raiven was shining.

I hope she will be as high as possible in the final!

Aitonimi

I love this song, Raiven is a great singer, and performs very well on stage. But for me the staging, camera angles, and overall visuality would need a step-up, or leap forward, next level. I'm happy that she got through, deserved!

Top Bottom