Contact us

NORTHEASTERN USA 🗽 WV190 🌃 Is it me, is it you?

Gera11

WorldVision Mod 🌻
Staff member

T1UM378.png

see also
VOLUME I: PACIFIC BLUES

Last edited:

Veronika

NSC Mod
Staff member
Re: ◯ NORTHEASTERN USA - N.E. Spirit - WV 37 : Monty Are I - Kaleidoscope ◯

Hey everyone!
Now I can officially say goodbye to :neus:. As I've already said, it's quite sad to leave, but at the same time I'm very excited to begin participating with my new country, :id:. ;)

As for WV 37...of course we expected a better result but anyway we were happy to be in the Final (even as a REJU qualifier :lol:)

Goodbye :neus:! This part of my WV-history is now over...

Aditya

Since I will be taking over the Northeastern United States with WV 46, I was wondering what I would have to do to be able to edit the first post, thread title, etc.

nekoisneko

Since I will be taking over the Northeastern United States with WV 46, I was wondering what I would have to do to be able to edit the first post, thread title, etc.

Summon [MENTION=10351]Trece[/MENTION] [MENTION=6221]Mozz[/MENTION] [MENTION=6452]CypriotGirl[/MENTION] [MENTION=10742]daniels1000[/MENTION]

Aditya

Re: Northeastern United States ✰ WV 46 ✰ Christina Perri - TBA

Northeastern United States' Artist for WorldVision 46 Announced

original.png

Following several weeks of speculation, National Public Radio (NPR) has announced the artist who will represent the Northeastern United States in its return to WorldVision. After careful deliberation, and several proposals from various NPR member stations, the bid from Philadelphia's member station, WHYY-FM, won out among NPR's deliberation committee.

While the full list of proposed artists and songs, as well as of the member stations which submitted bids for WorldVision 46, was not revealed, NPR did state that the proposal from New York City-based station WNYC had come a close second in the deliberation committee's rankings, and that there was a high likelihood that their bid would represent the region in WorldVision 47.

The chosen artist, hailing from a suburb of Philadelphia, was revealed to be none other than Christina Perri. The chanteuse has released two top-5 charting albums, Lovestrong (2011) and Head or Heart (2014), as well as several charting singles such as "Jar of Hearts", "A Thousand Years", and "Human". At the press conference this morning, NPR revealed that they were not in a position to reveal the entry Perri will represent the Northeastern United States with, only stating that they were "pursuing several options at the given moment".​

Aditya

As a note, this will probably be the biggest (and most scorewhory) entry that I will send to this contest; I really like Christina Perri, which has made the large success (especially in YouTube view counts) of her singles problematic with regards to song contests. :p

Beginning with WV 47 and onwards, I suppose I'll return to my more usual (indie) pop music tastes. :) Eagle-eyed forum members might have noticed that I changed my original announced artist to Perri; that artist will be present for WV 47. ;)

Aditya

Northeastern United States' Artist for WorldVision 47 Announced

paul-simon-and-art-garfunkel.jpg

Following Christina Perri's qualification and 16th place in Reykjavík, National Public Radio (NPR) has announced the results of the internal selection for the artist who will follow in Perri's footsteps and represent the Northeastern United States in WorldVision 47, to be held in Hennef, Germany.

Similar to last edition, the internal selection was closely contested, with highly competitive entries submitted by member stations from New York City, Boston, and Philadelphia. After weeks of deliberation, NPR finally chose one of New York City member station WNYC's three bids as the region's reperesentative for WorldVision 47: they chose Simon & Garfunkel.

Simon & Garfunkel was an American folk duo consisting of Paul Simon and Art Garfunkel. Based out of Queens in New York City, the duo was one of the most popular artists of the 1960's in the United States, with such big hits as "The Sound of Silence" (1964), "Mrs. Robinson" (1968), and "Bridge over Troubled Water" (1969). Before breaking up in 1970, the duo released their final, most successful album, Bridge over Troubled Water, which is one of the most successful albums of all time, with about 25 million copies sold.

While the winning song will not be revealed until the contest begins, NPR invites all to comment on this entry choice, as well as to suggest any potential entries you would like to see from the Northeastern United States in the future!​

JamieBrown

Re: Northeastern United States ✰ WV 47 ✰ Simon & Garfunkel

xpartyxpartyxparty

Sound of Silence xpray

esc87fan

"The Boxer" and "Cecilia" are also good choices!

Aditya

A huge thanks to all who voted for Simon & Garfunkel in semi-final 2! The Sound of Silence is probably my favorite song from one of my favorite groups from the 1960's... it gives me huge feelings of nostalgia whenever I listen to the song. xheart

Aditya

Thanks to all the glorious voters who brought Simon & Garfunkel into 5th place in the final! xheart

esc87fan

Congratulations on 5th, such a classic and most deserving of my :8:

JamieBrown

You really deserved it! It's one of the greatest songs in music history and would definitely been one of my entries i I would've stayed longer in :us:! xlove

Aditya

A huge thanks to all who voted for Cyndi Lauper & Girls Just Wanna Have Fun. 14th is a good placing in the final, and a 2nd place in the semi-final is simply superb xheart

I'll see you all for probably WV 51 xcheer

Aditya

Northeastern United States ✰ WV 55 ✰ Sufjan Stevens - TBA

Northeastern United States' Artist for WorldVision 55 Announced

sufjan10crop_body.jpg

Following several editions of absence, National Public Radio (NPR) has announced the results of the internal selection for the artist who will bring the Northeastern United States back to WorldVision, to be held in Bremen, Germany.

NPR's New York City's member stations have been very successful in terms of submitting bids for WorldVision entries, and as such NPR turned to them to choose an entrant to properly return the Northeastern United States to the contest. After weeks of deliberation, NPR finally chose one of New York City member station WNYC's two final bids as the region's reperesentative for WorldVision 55: they chose Sufjan Stevens.

Sufjan Stevens, who first came to wider recognition with the 2000 album, A Sun Came, and further recognition from his 2005 album Illinois, is a multitalented, multi genre American artist originally hailing from Detroit, Michigan (just like me :D). His eligibility for the Northeastern United States stems from his current residence: Kensington, Brooklyn.

While the winning song will not be revealed until the contest begins, NPR invites all to comment on this entry choice, as well as to suggest any potential entries you would like to see from the Northeastern United States in the future!​

Aditya

Re: Northeastern United States ✰ WV 55 ✰ Sufjan Stevens - TBA

As a note... I've been listening to his latest album to find an entry, and I've loved every song so far :lol: If anyone has any opinions on what song of his to send, I'll definitely be steered in that direction. :p

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Re: Northeastern United States ✰ WV 55 ✰ Sufjan Stevens - TBA

Oh this will be really interesting. For years i've been recommended to listen to Sufjan on all the various sites I frequent. Recently I picked up a music magazine and it came with a sample CD. Had one of Sufjan's songs on it, "No Shade In The Shadow Of The Cross". I instantly fell in love with the song and with the fragility of the music. Thus far i've only listened to his latest album. I'm looking forward to hearing what you've chosen:p

Top Bottom