WorldVision

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
yV2p7h7.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Re: ⟸Midwest USA | MADONNA NF ⟹

I agree, I missed some of my faves as well but still loved this NF! Madonna is the queen of pop and she has got so many hot hits. So I can totally see why [MENTION=13024]revallsay[/MENTION] didn't include those, she just picked her faves + probably what she thinks would appeal to people. If we had all Madonna's masterpieces here it would have become a 100 song NF :lol:

Yes, just like when I sent international garage rock megastar Mikal Cronin through an NF. WorldVision players screamed at me "Why isn't ______ here?" but I could only pick six favourites. I received a lot of hate that month, as well as a bag of rat poison disguised as a cake left on my doorstep.

My favourite Madonna song is here thoughxheart

revallsay

Awww thank you for such kind feedback! Right now I have 3 songs in the lead and between 1st and 3rd place there is only 5 points gap!

I chose my favourite songs here and it was hard, because I love Madonna so much. I would include "Papa Don't Preach", but I feared it would flop and it would be sad to see your favourite song flop again...

Staewi

:de: voted xcheer
As mentioned, a great selection. I kinda regret I've never sent her when I had the USA, but I simply couldn't decide which one to choose from her myriad of hits. :lol:

revallsay

Re: ⟸Midwest USA | MADONNA - HUNG UP ⟹

WORLDVISION 834

MADONNA - HUNG UP

02-Madonna-perform-onstage-billboard-650-1548.jpg

Madonna Louise Ciccone (born August 16, 1958) is an American singer, songwriter, actress, and businesswoman. A leading presence during the emergence of MTV in the 1980s, Madonna is known for pushing the boundaries of lyrical content in mainstream popular music, as well as visual imagery in music videos and on stage. She has also frequently reinvented both her music and image while maintaining autonomy within the recording industry. Besides sparking controversy, her works have been acclaimed by music critics. Referred to as the Queen of Pop, Madonna is widely cited as an influence by other artists.
Born and raised in Michigan, Madonna moved to New York City in 1977, to pursue a career in modern dance. After performing as a drummer, guitarist and vocalist in the music groups Breakfast Club and Emmy, Madonna signed with Sire Records in 1982 and released her eponymous debut album the next year. She followed it with a series of successful albums, including the global bestsellers, Like a Virgin (1984) and True Blue (1986), as well as the Grammy Award winners, Ray of Light (1998) and Confessions on a Dance Floor (2005). Throughout her career, Madonna has written and produced most of her songs, with many of them reaching number one on the record charts, including "Like a Virgin", "Live to Tell", "Like a Prayer", "Vogue", "Take a Bow", "Frozen"[i/], "Music", "Hung Up", and "4 Minutes".
Madonna's popularity was further enhanced by her roles in films such as Desperately Seeking Susan (1985), Dick Tracy (1990), A League of Their Own (1992), and Evita (1996). While the latter earned her a Golden Globe Award for Best Actress, many of her other films received poor reviews. An acclaimed businesswoman, Madonna founded her own entertainment company Maverick, including the label Maverick Records, in 1992. Her other ventures include fashion design, writing children's books, health clubs, and filmmaking. She also contributed in various charities and founded the Raising Malawi organization in 2006.
Having sold more than 300 million records worldwide, Madonna is recognized as the best-selling female recording artist of all time by Guinness World Records. The Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) listed her as the second highest-certified female artist in the U.S., with 64.5 million album units. According to Billboard, Madonna is the most successful solo act on its Hot 100 singles chart and second overall behind the Beatles. She is also the highest-grossing solo touring artist of all time, earning U.S. $1.4 billion from her concert tickets. Inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in her first year of eligibility, Madonna topped VH1's countdown of 100 Greatest Women in Music. Additionally, Rolling Stone listed her among the 100 Greatest Artists of All Time and the 100 Greatest Songwriters of All Time.

Time goes by so slowly
Time goes by so slowly
Time goes by so slowly
Time goes by so slowly
Time goes by so slowly
Time goes by so slowly

Every little thing that you say or do
I'm hung up
I'm hung up on you
Waiting for your call
Baby night and day
I'm fed up
I'm tired of waiting on you

Time goes by so slowly for those who wait
No time to hesitate
Those who run seem to have all the fun

I'm caught up
I don't know what to do
Time goes by so slowly
Time goes by so slowly
Time goes by so slowly
I don't know what to do

I'm hung up
I'm hung up on you
Waiting for your call
Baby night and day
I'm fed up

I'm hung up
I'm hung up on you
Waiting for your call
Baby night and day
I'm fed up

Ring ring ring goes the telephone
The lights are on but there's no-one home
Tick tick tock it's a quarter to two
And I'm done I'm hanging up on you

I can't keep on waiting for you
I know that you're still hesitating
Don't cry for me
'cause I'll find my way
You'll wake up one day
But it'll be too late

I'm hung up
I'm hung up on you
Waiting for your call
Baby night and day
I'm fed up

I'm hung up
I'm hung up on you
Waiting for your call
Baby night and day
I'm fed up

Every little thing
Every little thing
I'm hung up
I'm hung up on you
Waiting for your call
Waiting for your call
I'm fed up

Time goes by so slowly
Time goes by so slowly
Time goes by so slowly
Time goes by so slowly

So slowly
So slowly
So slowly
So slowly
So slowly
So slowly
So slowly
So slowly
So slowly
So slowly
So slowly
So slowly
So slowly

I don't know what to do

I'm hung up
I'm hung up on you
Waiting for your call
Baby night and day
I'm fed up

I'm hung up
I'm hung up on you
Waiting for your call
Baby night and day
I'm fed up

Every little thing
Every little thing
I'm hung up
I'm hung up on you
Waiting for your call
Waiting for your call
I'm fed up

madonna_2012.jpg

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
14417900-7109061-image-a-90_1559763952639.jpg

Hello I have returned as Midwest.​

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
Hint

ZoboCamel

I finally got around to checking out the SF2 songs for this edition (I was a bit busy to REJU-vote unfortunately), and was surprised to see your song in there! My sister got me to watch Hamilton just this last week, so I'd heard the song a couple times just recently.

Probably would've gotten 7 points from me in the semi if I'd made time to REJU vote; sorry about that. But hey, if you feel like getting a 10 or a 12 from me in future, you can still send either the opening song or Guns & Ships from the same soundtrack xheat

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
I finally got around to checking out the SF2 songs for this edition (I was a bit busy to REJU-vote unfortunately), and was surprised to see your song in there! My sister got me to watch Hamilton just this last week, so I'd heard the song a couple times just recently.

Probably would've gotten 7 points from me in the semi if I'd made time to REJU vote; sorry about that. But hey, if you feel like getting a 10 or a 12 from me in future, you can still send either the opening song or Guns & Ships from the same soundtrack xheat

So sorry, I am just seeing this!! Thank you for a quasi-7; I'm glad you liked it xheart xheart Guns and Ships xheat xheat

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
Super excited to share my next entry with y'all. This time around, one of my lifelong favorite bands is getting some lyrical help from an American protest music legend and some musical help from a British protest music legend. It will almost certainly continue my NQ streak, and I've hid this gem from y'all for over 5 years now, and that cannot continue!

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
WV 129 - Billy Bragg & Wilco (w/lyrics by Woody Guthrie!) - California Stars

Seok-jin

Brandon Fiechter joining WV at last xlove Great choice!
Yaaaas! I've been listening to his music and also his brother's music for years. xlove I am glad I can finally send their music here! xcheers

Seok-jin

For the next edition The High Elves land will be represented by Native Americans. xlove

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
Ahoy hoy

I will be returning as Midwesbon (is this still something a critical mass of the WV audience understands?) next edition

Here are four hints as to how

73081_v9_bb.jpg
1000px-South_Dakota_Capitol_in_winter.jpg

i
larger_01c82b0e785311f97d878818c655a567.jpg

Top Bottom