Contact us

Let me down 蚊帳の外なのに檻の中にいるようで

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Re: CYGOVISION 155 - SEMI-FINALS

Ahem... [MENTION=6816]doctormalisimo[/MENTION] [MENTION=4663]theditz83[/MENTION] [MENTION=9449]Yoni[/MENTION] [MENTION=14679]Reg[/MENTION]ular voters

It's time once again for a magical journey through the #greatestNFever Cygovision!

Once again 14 acts will compete for your votes but only six acts (three from each semi-final) will qualify for the final and it is up to YOU to decide which acts have the chance to represent Cydoni-Gibberia in Luzinia!

Let's not dilly dally, here are the songs!

SEMI-FINAL 1

8DPnCzW.jpg

Talisco - Thousand Suns

Sleepy Tom - Pusher

Alvvays - In Undertow

Blair - Dance Alone

Louis The Child - Go

Angus & Julia Stone - Chateau

Therapie Taxi - Coma Idyllique

SEMI-FINAL 2

RVsAW4qr.jpg

BROCKHAMPTON - Boogie

Frank Pierce & Drop Science - High Life

SAFIA - Cellophane Rainbow

PWR BTTM - Ugly Cherries

Bicep - Glue

Bleu Toucan - Hanoï Café

Schwarz - In Your Eyes

You have until 4th February at 23:59 to select your favourites in these two semi-finals! You do not have to vote in both but would really appreciate as many voters as possible xcheer Please vote using the following format; 12 - 8 - 7 - 5 - 3 - 2 - 1 but PLEASE ONLY VOTE FOR THE SONGS YOU GENUINELY ENJOYED! Thank you xrose

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Re: CYGOVISION 155 - FINAL

It's final time!

Unfortunately we say goodbye to Alvvays and Brockhampton (7th placers), Angus & Julia Stone and PWR BTTM (6th placers), Talisco and Bicep (5th placers) and Therapie Taxi and Schwarz (4th placers) :( xwave xrose

But it's now time to move on to the six lucky qualifiers, one of which will represent Cydoni-Gibberia in the next contest! Which act is your favourite? Time to decide!

Frank Pierce & Drop Science - High Life

Louis The Child - Go

Sleepy Tom - Pusher

Blair - Dance Alone

SAFIA - Cellophane Rainbow

Bleu Toucan - Hanoï Café

Please vote for the songs using the format 12 - 10 - 7 - 5 - 3 - 1 BUT PLEASE ONLY VOTE FOR THE SONGS YOU GENUINELY ENJOYED. Thank you all xcheer1

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Re: CYGOVISION 156 - SEMI-FINALS LIVE

Blair were the eventual winners of last edition but you didn't quite vote them into the NSC final, waahhh wahhhhhh whyyyyyyy

On to the next edition and we have another fantastic (and totally not a random compilation of the few songs I listen to at the moment that happened not to be Eurovision national final songs) selection for you! Once again six acts will perform in each semi-final but only three in each can make it through to the Cygovision final so make sure to vote carefully!

Here are the songs!

SEMI-FINAL 1

Great Good Fine OK - Find Yourself

Virtual Self - Ghost Voices

thexperience - Let You Grow

Le Galaxie - Pleasure

Portugal. The Man - Rich Friends

Mas Ysa - Margarita

SEMI-FINAL 2

Stuck in the Sound - Let's Go

Cato - Closed Eyes, Staring

Kill Paris - I'm Free

You Won't - Who Knew

Alex Metric - Safe With You

Traktorkestar - Lost Boy & Suicide Girl

Please submit your votes to me via PM or Skype using the format 12 - 8 - 7 - 5 - 3 - 1 BUT PLEASE ONLY VOTE FOR THE SONGS YOU GENUINELY ENJOYED! Deadline for the semi-final stage is 10th March 23:59 CET so don't leave it too late to help decide the finalists! Thank you xrose

Sean

Admin
Staff member

Bump - no voters so far :( deadline is tonight if anyone wants to vote!
[MENTION=6816]doctormalisimo[/MENTION] [MENTION=4663]theditz83[/MENTION] @MatiMati [MENTION=9449]Yoni[/MENTION] [MENTION=4374]Jukica[/MENTION] @potentialvoters xthink

theditz83

Veteran

Will do my best to vote before the deadline buddy - first week in a new job, and any spare time on here has been taken up with NSC156 registrations ;)

Jukica

(Retired) Admin

Heesean :D I'll also try to vote this weekend

theditz83

Veteran

If you can wait until tomorrow morning, I will send votes before midday GMT - today has gotten away from me again :(

Sean

Admin
Staff member

No problems!

theditz83

Veteran

Ended up voting tonight - don't think my votes would change much, as I know my clear faves xlove

A lot of good songs here, this was a good edition! :)

theditz83

Veteran
Re: CYGOVISION 156 - THE FINAL

Have you posted the final yet [MENTION=4371]Sean[/MENTION] ? The thread title suggests you have but can't see it ;)

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Re: CYGOVISION 156 - THE FINAL

Have you posted the final yet [MENTION=4371]Sean[/MENTION] ? The thread title suggests you have but can't see it ;)

Yes, I did... :? Where did that go??

*sigh*...

Here's a quick run down of the final until I get a proper post going, same voting rules as the semis, please vote asap...;

Cato - Closed Eyes, Staring - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzy0iidjpZs
Great Good Fine OK - Find Yourself - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxbPqcR4LYM
Alex Metric - Safe With You - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYykUGnCgvc
Mas Ysa - Margarita - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m49riGu8zio
Traktorkestar - Lost Boy & Suicide Girl - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgtoB15N1vo
Virtual Self - Ghost Voices - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPc8QMycGno

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Re: CYDONI-GIBBERIA 156 - Traktorkestar - Lost Boy & Suicide Girl

And after that incredibly rushed final we have a winner. Cygo sends a German language song for the first time in its history :eek:

Paper7

Yeah, german. :) But to go in detail: :ch:-german. Im not sure if german speaking persons in the forum will understand the lyrics that much. :D Tbh: even i have some tiny problems with some words, because it is the dialect from the region of Berne and i'm from Zurich.

It's a story of a girl and a boy who never had luck in their live and how the fall in love with each other. But she is overwhelmed by this love and can't deal with it and she ends as "The suicide girl".

Translation of the refrain:
One of the lost boys
And a suicide girl
That what you love, that what you love
It is that what, it is that what who will
destroy you!

Btw: I've sent this band (with a different song) once to FSC four years ago and funnywise i had the song i've sent in mind for also sending it to NSC several times in the last couple editions. ^^ Good luck!

Paper7

Something i have now to add:

:lol:

I thought the whole time that i know this voice.... the funny thing is now, that there is a pretty big chance that i send the same singer to the next edition :D But with his own band Kummerbuben. It is one of two entries i have in mind for NSC 157, but maybe i better choose the other... but yeah, who will ever notice that it is the same singer? ^^

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Re: CYGOVISION 157 - Semi-Finals

Thanks for another final and a comfortably midtable position for Traktorkestar xheya

Alrighty, on to entry #138, and I'm sure you'll agree this is the most unique Cygovision yet, so without further ado let's go!

=== SEMI-FINAL 1 ===

01. Youngr - Out of my System

02. Black Tongue - Coma

03. Bitte Please - The Lamp is High

04. Alem Band - Kalauym

05. Jon Hopkins - Emerald Rush

06. Unknown Mortal Orchestra - Not In Love We're Just High

SEMI-FINAL 1 RECAP

::cyd ::cyd ::cyd

=== SEMI-FINAL 2 ===

01. September 87 - Bad Dream Baby

02. Beissoul & Einius - Kaip tu ir sakei

03. Clown Core - Hell

04. Alison Wonderland ft. Trippie Red - High

05. Os Tincoãs - Deixa a gira girar (j g b edit)

06. Plastic Picnic - Bite

SEMI-FINAL 2 RECAP

Please vote by 8th April at 23:59 CET using the format 12 - 10 - 7 - 5 - 3 - 1 but PLEASE ONLY VOTE FOR THE SONGS YOU GENUINELY ENJOYED! The final will then be posted with a quick turn-around so make sure not to miss it! Thank you as always for your help xrose

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Re: CYGOVISION 157 - Semi-Finals

Any last minute voters in the semi-finals have until I wake up tomorrow (7AM CET) to vote :mrgreen:

Top Bottom