3 2.5%

3 2.5%

2 1.7%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

0scar

I'm astonished this was able to qualify in a televoting only semi final, that's really unexpected, but I'm happily surprised!!

Realest

Now with so many "risky" Entries, Im wondering how he does with the Juries.

• Like It
Reactions: GRE

Chorizo

What a surprise! He was at the bottom of the odds to qualify. :ROFLMAO:

Anthony Tesla

I can't help but think that with many quirky entries, maaaaaaaaybe a normie, well-performed modern ballad had a small but good enough contigent to make it through.

So... congratulations!

Fluke

Yes i knew it! So happy for them, i think this can definitely make a top 10 finish.

And the surprise effect was almost lost on me because it was called first, it took a few seconds before i realized what happened! I think it came off as much stronger than Belgium's somewhat similar entry, which didn't even make the final, so he's gonna be without much direct competition in the final!

AliceEsc

Wow, from last in the odds to Q! Dons was great tonight, the performance was beautiful and it certainly touched me. I hope my votes translated to points from Greece. I'm very happy!

Sabrewulf238

I wonder if Dons getting emotional at the end actually helped him a bit with the televotes.

Maybe I'm discrediting that people just enjoyed the song but I had heard people say that Dons had been pretty stoic in his rehearsal performances so the emotion at the end definitely took me by surprise.

Chorizo

If the juries had voted in the semis like they used to, people would probably accuse them of saving Latvia now and blame them for their favorite girl bop not making it. :ROFLMAO:

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
1080226084664131584.webp

Congratulations Latvia on your first final since 2016! This was such a wonderful surprise qualifier moment. I'm guessing Belgium being so sharp and bad live opened up a slot for Dons as he really had no other competitors in his field. People believed in this guy when he won the national final but then all hope for his entry seemed to dramatically fizzle to the point where he came in tonight as the very least likely to qualify according to the odds. I'm glad he could prove almost everyone wrong, and also delighted I can now support Latvia in the final. Hollow has been by quite a long shot my biggest grower of the year. I was sad tonight to lose Czechia but Dons' success has made up for it. Such a lovely guy. A great, earnest performer with a beautiful, haunting song. May the power of Dons compel us all again in the grand final.

Kairit

Incredible :lol: I really didn't expect it honestly, not just because of the odds, but because it didn't seem like a crowd pleaser in any way lol and the staging was definitely a bit bland. But pleasantly surprised, I love the song! The chorus is killer and he carries it.

Iker

Veteran
I'm really happy for Dons & Latvia! The country broke their NQ streak tonight. I, for once ... wasn't surprised as I didn't follow the odds, I just thought after his performance and even moreso after each of 16 semi-finalists presented their songs that he should Q/deserves to. And I liked the song before as well.

Last edited:

Grinch

Starting announcing the qualifiers with Latvia was a wild choice! Wasn't expecting them to Q at all.

Congratulations :lv: and Dons for making it after 8 years!

Jupiter

Congrats to Dons! He seems to be such a sweet guy, and I'm so happy Latvia broke their (undeserved) NQ streak xheart

Now with juries in the final, I could see him getting quite a few points there, bcs his voice is lovely. Might stell a few points from France especially, being the other male ballad.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
He's a charisma vacuum, but at the end of the day, he's also a strong vocalist who had a good song, and that mattered more. It's GREAT that he reached the final. It means that -at least to some people- music still matters.

ALL COUNTRIES DESERVE TO BE FREE (of their NQ streak...x)

Top Bottom