Contact us

Kordavian Islands - <NSC 232> - Dorothy - »What's Coming To Me«

esc87fan

Re: SmileyLand & Folegandria --- NSC 128 --- Favez -- "End the show"

I know how you feel, even though I've only been part of the main roster for almost 6 months. Out of 7 participations, I've only had 1 good result in the final while 2 others have done terribly and 4 others have not even qualified. I keep sending songs that I know and love (which is why I joined NSC mostly with the encouragement of you and others), but I just don't know what works with this contest to be honest - a lot of songs in my opinion are either too unusual or not to my particular taste. I will never send a song that I don't believe in (my motto for WV as well), thus why I will never send a "joke entry" or anything I think is not my cup of tea.

For once, I was extremely happy with the song I chose this edition and I was excited to share it with everyone... yet it still failed. What do I need to do to find the "winning formula" for this contest? I have no idea.

as78

Re: SmileyLand & Folegandria --- NSC 128 --- Favez -- "End the show"

Please, don't be upset. Yeah I know how it feels when you fail with a very special song. Though maybe some of these songs are so special for us because they are not understood by the majority.
::slf has it's very special place and unique face in NSC. Just don't worry about the majority and results so much. But I'm sure bright moments are in future too and can come at very unexpected time.
Just keep sending great songs as you always do. You know there are people appreciate them.

xlove xrunhug

Karhu

Re: SmileyLand & Folegandria --- NSC 130 --- Snowbird --- "Porcelain"

Please win. xheart

EurovisionSmile

Veteran
Re: SmileyLand & Folegandria --- NSC 131 --- ШМЕЛИ - "Считалка"

:twisted: ::slf starts 2016 with a humorous act xrofl2. It call also be considered, eccentric, weird, (...) or whatever you may call it! :lol: :twisted: xlove

::slf

::bal
:ru:

EurovisionSmile

Veteran
Re: SmileyLand & Folegandria --- NSC 131 --- ШМЕЛИ - "Считалка"

Updated points given by
SmileyLand%20&%20Folegandria.png
after NSC 130
(and the incidents :lol:): (Top 10 has also been updated in the main post)

11. Trash Canyon - 53
12. Perryfornia - 52
13. New Acadia - 48
14. Carpatina - 46
15. Pigeon Island - 41
15. Vedatistan - 41
17. Paper & INK. - 35
17. *Zechonia* - 35
19. *10 Regions of Mobius* - 34
20. *Aspirinia* - 33
20. Llama Republic - 33
20. Roseland - 33
23. Dal Riata - 31
24. Viola Per Sempre - 30
25. Eterland - 29
25. *Illumia* - 29
27. Tír-An-Abhainn - 28
27. Yaponesia - 28
29. *Kostanovia* - 27
29. Zumkotzen – 27
31. Prasia - 26
32. Cherniya - 25
32. Lacrea - 25
32. *Moisantia* - 25
35. *Sunland* - 23
36. Begonia - 22
37. Calypso - 21
38. Ugaly - 20
39. Biflovatia - 18
39. Kamandé - 18
39. *Reignland* - 18
42. Waloria - 17
43. *Jéru* - 16
43. Zaprya - 16
45. Fervorosia - 15
46. *Bigicia* - 13
46. Denmark of Peace - 13
46. Kosma - 13
46. Quién-DQ - 13
46. *United Huts of Haustor* - 13
51. Irinatie - 12
51. *Tohru* - 12
53. *Mooseland* - 11
54. *Belvist* - 10
54. Waiting Iist of Shelley & Nici - 10
54. Comino - 10
57. *Chessland* - 08
57. *Greenfroze* - 08
57. Ölanda - 08
57. *Xhanostania* - 08
61. Cefiya - 06
61. *Flora* - 06
61. Srivijaya & Sasentia - 06
64. Luxona - 05
64. Cydoni-Gibberia - 05
66. Sakuralia - 04
66. SR Indiria - 04
68. *Adelland* - 03
68. *Akkaville* - 03
68. *Leonisia & St. Lotus* - 03
68. *Zoidiac* - 03
72. Dalisska - 01
72. Yäääyland - 01

Salmon

Re: SmileyLand & Folegandria --- NSC 132 --- Dubioza kolektiv --- "No Escape (from Balkan)"

Dubioza has become such a common choice in NSC somehow, but it's awesome all the same! Great entry.

EurovisionSmile

Veteran
Re: SmileyLand & Folegandria --- NSC 132 --- Dubioza kolektiv --- "No Escape (from Balkan)"

Dubioza has become such a common choice in NSC somehow, but it's awesome all the same! Great entry.

Oh, haha. yes, we know they have been in the contest a "few" times, ofc. But when we've picked the entry (Nicholas has found it) we didn't know they've been in nsc 129 since we were banned from that edition. :oops: :lol: If we had known they had been in nsc that recently, we wouldn't have picked them. :p but we're so obsessed with the song (at least I am :lol:), that "No Escape (from Balkan)" will remain our entry, now and we will have to learn living with this sin. :| :lol:

Thanks for your feedback, Salmon! xlove

Nicholas123

xfacepalm Mess tbh

I thought that they have only been entered once by Uj. Gvozd :oops:

My initial choice of artist for the current edition was "Electric Balkan Jazz Club" but since Luis enjoyed Dubioza more, i decided to send them regardless of their previous participation in NSC. But had i known that they had been sent so recently again, i would have never picked them! :?

Moral of the story : It is all Luis' fault for not voting in NSC 128 final and for banning us from NSC 129 IOTAP xrofl2

EurovisionSmile

Veteran

xfacepalm Mess tbh

I thought that they have only been entered once by Uj. Gvozd :oops:

My initial choice of artist for the current edition was "Electric Balkan Jazz Club" but since Luis enjoyed Dubioza more, i decided to send them regardless of their previous participation in NSC. But had i known that they had been sent so recently again, i would have never picked them! :?

Moral of the story : It is all Luis' fault for not voting in NSC 128 final and for banning us from NSC 129 IOTAP xrofl2

Oh well, do not worry about this. :mrgreen: the main aim here is sending great songs, too bad if the band have been a trillion times in the contest and that we both are uber-clumsy guys. xcrazy xcrazy. Anyway this is completely new for ::slf, and tbh, very honest I did not check nor even remember the results they've achieved before, when you've shown me the song. ::oops:

With the luck we've been having, we won't probably make it anyway. :lol:

EurovisionSmile

Veteran
Re: SmiFo has changed --- From NSC 134 --- Kordavian Islands

A bit of ::slf Ancient History:

The origins: Smosferatus, the first king of our ancient nation (called The Southern Green Arkipelag) had two daughters, Athelea and Kordavia. When the king died, the kindgom was divided in two regions, both ruled by each one of the princesses. Athelea was a religious fanatic and transformed the Northern Part (currently SmileyLand) in a strict religious region , while Kordavia ruled the Southern Part (currently Folegandria) as a gothic princess. She believed the darkness was the trule light, "because knowing the darkness allows us to understand the light". While her sister's light, darkened the region's reality, her religious beliefs brought sadness and fear, Kordavia ruled the South with freedom and giving her people the right to live according to their personal visions of morality, love and religion . Athelea has ruined the Northern Part, while the Southern Part was a place of joy, social and religious freedom. Athelea remained single throughout her life, while Kordavia married a noble man and had a child. When his son turned into an adult, Kordavia declared war to Athelea and the Northern Region, and eventually killed her sister with her bare hands. :eek: the victorious ruler has decided to keep the two regions separated. She handed the Northern part to her son, Starkus, who decided to rule as his mother did and decided that the sad part of the North should become a place of tolerance, freedom and happiness. He changed the Northern part's name to SmileyLand, while Kordavia's part became Folegandria. A few decades later, after she re-married to a nobleman, Skaltus, who was a citizen from a Northern Kingdom, and shortly after her death, her husband decided to change the name of the Nation and hand it his son with Kordavia, when he was still alive. Kordavia's youngest son with Skaltus, Fierson, succeeded to his father. Fierson made SmileyLand & Folegandria two different countries, giving SmileyLand full independence and we had from that era on two different countries and it would take a lifetime for them to re-unite and become a NSC's single nation. :D

So, after being part of NSC for many decades, and almost celebrating a new anniversary, SmiFo revamps itself. The new name is a reminder of the gothic princess, who became a queen of two regions of a Kingdom and re-made our Nations' History. It's basically a homage to freedom and tolerance and a new way of being in NSC. :D

Smifo's complete new name: The Islandic Federation of Kordavia
Known as: Kordavian Islands
New Flag: to be shown in this thread very soon. :mrgreen:

Salmon

Re: SmiFo has changed --- From NSC 135 --- Kordavian Islands

Good. Truth be told, I’ve always disliked “SmileyLand” as a country name (especially with that tacky capitalisation in the middle). Kordavian Islands sounds really nice though.

Glad to see you’re changing the flag too. I’m sorry to tell you, but your previous flag has always been quite the eyesore to me. xrofl2 Here’s hoping you’ll continue sending awesome music to NSC!

dogmeat

Damn, one less name (and flag) to make fun of!

But seriously, this is great news. Let me know if you need any help with a new flag :D

as78

Sounds nice. :D
Can't wait to see your new flag. xcheer

strajker

Full (complete) name is better tbh.

Top Bottom