Contact us

GRAND FINAL - Running Order

Citelis

Switzerland a ballad? Maybe mid tempo?

I think with Finland I might have agreed if it wasn't for the fact that it was followed up directly with Czechia.
And Cyprus with english song has a bad running order after France and before Spain, Sweden.
Slovenia and Croatia are both non-english and they have been given very good spots so the claim that they punish non-english songs is simply not true at all.
Czech Republic got a rather bad running order probably because they consider it weaker as an entry or they secretly know that they qualified in lower place than what fans think.

Last edited:

A-lister

Veteran
And Cyprus with english song has a bad running order after France and before Spain, Switzerland.
Slovenia and Croatia are both non-english and they have been given very good spots so the claim that they punish non-english songs is simply not true at all.
Czech Republic got a rather bad running order probably because they consider it weaker as an entry or they secretly know that they qualified in lower place than what fans think.
Not sure I agree that Cyprus has a bad running order, and contrary to popular opinion I don't see any mass appeal in the Spanish entry at all.

Croatia is this year's meme/troll entry so you probably right it did good. I still think they did Czechia dirty though.

Also to clarify, I don't just talk about languages here. I think the EBU are even harsher on entries that are musically outside the box and especially ethnic ones than they are on solely native language ones.

But hey, you might be correct I just think that Finland and Czechia neck to neck looks odd to me. They could have put some English language standard ballad between for instance.

Citelis

Not sure I agree that Cyprus has a bad running order, and contrary to popular opinion I don't see any mass appeal in the Spanish entry at all.

Croatia is this year's meme/troll entry so you probably right it did good. I still think they did Czechia dirty though.

Also to clarify, I don't just talk about languages here. I think the EBU are even harsher on entries that are musically outside the box and especially ethnic ones than they are on solely native language ones.

But hey, you might be correct I just think that Finland and Czechia neck to neck looks odd to me. They could have put some English language standard ballad between for instance.
Czech Republic running order is bad exactly because they appear after an entry that is very likely to win t/v. By default spots like 14 or 15 are not necessarily so disaster as people think. In 2019 Keiino won the t/v from the spot 15.

A-lister

Veteran
Czech Republic running order is bad exactly because they appear after an entry that is very likely to win t/v. By default spots like 14 or 15 are not necessarily so disaster as people think. In 2019 Keiino won the t/v from the spot 15.
So why were they put there and not for instance Armenia or Lithuania that are slower pase and would make more sense in between these two? Just as an example...

I dunno, just my reflection... people are free to differ of course, I just feel like these two are two very distinct strong entries and yet they somehow end up neck to neck.

Chalphon

Really, putting two of the strongest more original non-English (or bi lingual) entries neck to neck like Finland and Czechia?

Moldova I can agree on though, but I don't think it's a hot contender though, with the other two it feels a bit like they want to play them out against each other and instead put more cliched ones on better positions.
Well since there are 11-12 entries this year that are sung in native languages it would be kinda silly to try and put none of them next to one another. Finland gets to go on after Estonia which is a classic balad type of song (and the third balad in a row) so they are completely different and then they get Czechia afterwords which is also very different to Finlands entry. Finland is gonna stick out like a sore thumb in that company. I would say they are greatly favoured by the running order even. Also, there's a lot of fast up tempo songs in the second half that would have been worse to put after Finland for Finlands sake. Hyvää Suomi!!

Top Bottom