Contact us

GRAND FINAL - Running Order

popavapeur

Someone has to do it, here we go !

1. :at: Austria | Teya & Salena - Who The Hell Is Edgar?
2. :pt: Portugal | Mimicat - Ai Coração
3. :ch: Switzerland | Remo Forrer - Watergun
4. :pl: Poland | Blanka - Solo
5. :rs: Serbia | Luke Black - Samo Mi Se Spava
6. :fr: France: La Zarra - Évidemment
7. :cy: Cyprus | Andrew Lambrou - Break A Broken Heart
8. :es: Spain: Blanca Paloma - Eaea
9. :se: Sweden | Loreen - Tattoo
10. :al: Albania | Albina & Familja Kelmendi - Duje
11. :it: Italy: Marco Mengoni - Due Vite
12. :ee: Estonia | Alika - Bridges
13. :fi: Finland | Käärijä - Cha Cha Cha

14. :cz: Czechia | Vesna - My Sister's Crown
15. :au: Australia | Voyager - Promise
16. :be: Belgium | Gustaph - Because Of You
17. :am: Armenia | Brunette - Future Lover
18. :md: Moldova | Pasha Parfeni - Soarele şi Luna
19. :ua: Ukraine: TVORCHI - Heart of Steel
20. :no: Norway | Alessandra - Queen of Kings
21. :de: Germany: Lord of the Lost - Blood & Glitter
22. :lt: Lithuania | Monika Linkytė - Stay
23. :il: Israel | Noa Kirel - Unicorn
24. :sl: Slovenia | Joker Out - Carpe Diem
25. :hr: Croatia | Let 3 - Mama ŠČ!
26. :uk: United Kingdom: Mae Muller - I Wrote A Song

From https://eurovision.tv/story/eurovision-2023-grand-final-running-order

ayzelto

My comments on that:

:at: was an expected opener, but I don’t think the girls will rank higher than 10th opening the show
:pt: :ch: As always, punishing small countries. They probably didn’t do very well in the semi, an it was expected, but come on…
:pl: fair one
:rs: I would had also put this one here
:fr: Big surprise here. If I am not wrong, France performed 6th last year. I was expecting a latter running order this time.
:cy: I guess it’s ok
:es: :se: I like the fact they are together with an interval act in the middle, let’s see how this works out.
:al: They probably put this one here after being so punished in the past in terms of running order. Moreover, I think this did better than we think in its semi.
:ee: :it: snoozefest before party. This only benefits Finland, but tbh I would’ve put Italy before this time (for a change, if you know what I mean)
:fi: Winner of the televote. The whole contest I think it’s still Loreen’s
:cz: It’s very different from Finland, so it’s not bad at all.
:au: There are other rock songs and this one was last in the semi, so fair enough.
:be: :am: :md: Three completely different songs, that makes sense.
:no: :de: :lt: I would had put Lithuania in the middle here, for a bit of contrast
:il: Amazing running order. This will do well.
:sl: I am glad they put them so late, they will slay
:hr: This right before the Uk? Ok, top three in the televote. Juries will still sink it
:uk: This will end up in the position they are performing.

Summing up:

Countries affected the most: :at: :pt: :fr:
Countries benefited the most: :fi: :il: :hr:

midnightsun

Veteran
Just my subjective thoughts!

I have a bit of a feeling they didn’t decide the running order only on their actual semi final ranking (no one tell me they don’t do this based on it) but also who has the most viewers on Social Media etc. Like every year it’s also more telling which song is sandwiched between which than the actual running order. I think they are trying to fool us all this year.

:hr: second to last has surely to do with their popularity on social media. They might but also might not do well in the televote, you can’t tell. Also great move they didn’t hide Croatia somewhere at 14-15 because of the message of the song. They clearly want the audience to see and that is a statement.

:ua: :no: :de: are only strong crowd pullers and barely jury favourites. Putting them one after another is a bit strange. As if they don’t want one of them being too strong in the televote (and possibly harming the favourites in first half or Ukraine getting too strong again) and cancel each other out.

Same with :it: and :ee: in the first half. Two ballads consecutively. Could potentially harm both but Italy more because it’s the more popular one anyway.

:se: is a clever move between Spain and Albania. Albania was surely one of the last in its semi yesterday and Spain is either loved or hated by the public (I personally think it’s overrated like Conan Osiris and the common viewer at home might not get it but who knows) and both have that ethnic vibe in their language which is very special and not very ear-friendly to some so Sweden will for sure stand out between these two.

Surprised they put :fi: last in first half but we don’t know when the break is. If it’s after Finland, Finland did probably very well in the televote (1st?) but if not and Czechia is right after them they have two strong televote entries there, not that good for both.

All the extraordinary songs that are very specific in their genre are pretty early in the running order (Austria, Portugal, Serbia…) which is a bit strange which is why we are lacking a bit of diversity the later the running order gets. They might not have done well in the televote but they are also one with less views on social media compared the others (except for Poland but it don’t stand out between the others I think).

:il: between Lithuania and Slovenia is good for them - this will stand out between them a lot.

Australia to Moldova is also raising question marks - they didn’t maybe that well in their semi. All of them get lost a bit in that running order. Moldova - Ukraine / Slovenia - Croatia one after another combo surely leads to cancel each other out a bit because both have the same voting groups (televote) and will steal votes from each other.

Conclusion: songs that stand out the most in that running order: Sweden, Finland, Israel.

Songs that are on top of the betting odds anyway, minus Ukraine but I don’t know, I can see EBU trying to avoid a massive televote victory for them again with that running order. I also have a feeling Spain and France will do worse than the betting odds display right now.

Realest

The Producer did a great Job overall..

12Pointsgoto.....

I posted this already in another thread, but this sums up what I think of the running order:

Oh I also forgot to mention, :cz: so robbed as well. Out of the five times Czechia has been in the grand final, they were never higher than 14th in the running order. I am tired of Czechia getting robbed every single year due to their running order, they placed 3rd in their semi in 2019, but were put 2nd in the Running order. They placed 4th in their semi final in 2022, and got put 1st. On the other hand Italy always sends absolute shit and they always get amazing running orders. Czechia always sends a great and innovative song, and why are they punished for it. When Czechia finally draws second half, they get the absolute worst running order possible. I am sure that Czechia placed top 5 in this semi, so why are they placed at 14. In 2016, Czechia was robbed by the Running Order as well, and ended up getting 0 points with the televote. I don't see any justification for Italy getting one of the best slots in the first half.

A-lister

Veteran
Of course the EBU had to make Finland and Czechia dirty, their anti- native language agenda and anti diversity agenda continues :( They're not even hiding it, watch their warriors (aka juries) ruining it as per usual. As per usual the more standard English language Pop or generic ballads get the best positions. It's not even funny at this stage, EBU can't even hide their detest for entries that somehow go against that mold.

Last edited:

Chalphon

Of course the EBU had to make Finland and Czechia dirty, their anti- native language agenda and anti diversity agenda continues :( They're not even hiding it, watch their warriors (aka juries) ruining it as per usual. As per usual the more standard English language Pop or generic ballads get the best positions. It's not even funny at this stage, EBU can't even hide their detest for entries that someone go against that mold.
I think both Finland and Moldova have great running orders.

A-lister

Veteran
I think both Finland and Moldova have great running orders.

Really, putting two of the strongest more original non-English (or bi lingual) entries neck to neck like Finland and Czechia?

Moldova I can agree on though, but I don't think it's a hot contender though, with the other two it feels a bit like they want to play them out against each other and instead put more cliched ones on better positions.

A-lister

Veteran
I'm so sad for Czechia and Portugal. They always have bad running orders
If they sent dated ballads or mid 00's generic radio Pop in English the EBU would have given them better spots, now they are being punished to dare standing up against the system! So sad.

Citelis

If they sent dated ballads or mid 00's generic radio Pop in English the EBU would have given them better spots, now they are being punished to dare standing up against the system! So sad.
Switzerland has a generic english ballad but they got given a rather bad spot so what you are claiming is not true at all. Finland with out of the box non-english entry has been given the best possible spot.

A-lister

Veteran
Switzerland has a generic english ballad but they got given a rather bad spot so what you are claiming is not true at all. Finland with out of the box non-english entry has been given the best possible spot.
Switzerland a ballad? Maybe mid tempo?

I think with Finland I might have agreed if it wasn't for the fact that it was followed up directly with Czechia.

Top Bottom