Contact us

Dark horses / Flops

MopManMoss

Veteran
Well, Verka from Ukraine had a similar song in 2007,
and was the runner up.
Dancing Lasha Tumbai has next to no similarities with Mama SČ! other than being out of the ordinary for Eurovision and even if you do think they’re the same 2007 was televote only

SpiritofKeiino

I think Czechia will qualify and then underperform in GF, UNLESS they shock us with an amazing staging and performance.

SpiritofKeiino

I could see Israel qualifying for the final, coming 15-26th in televote in final and getting a lower top 10 jury placement....so ending around 14th.
Does that count as a flop, considering that Israel has sent its top artist and spent a shedload of money?

lasse braun

my dark horse this year is a singular. :mrgreen:

:ee:

the big cliff is the semi of course but if success here we have the best voice in the game and the top12 is in range.
alika has crushed live on stage her well studio version - this is a very rare thing at the ESC and i believe many people will feel it too like me.
xqueenbitch

rasmuslights

Veteran
I think :es: might end up being this year's France 2022.

I would say that's Moldova. Blanca's staging and vocals are enough to lift it above whatever France did last year. Even the song sounds more authentic than France.

TBH France felt like it was made for eurovision (same with Moldova this year), with Spain it doesn't feel forced at all. for me, at least-

rasmuslights

Veteran
for me:

dark horse: :nl: and :lv: - both songs sound like something the juries would absolutely love and put in their top 5 if performed well.

flop: :md: this is ethnic but without any authenticity whatsoever. + unpopular opinion but with the exception of 2013 I dislike Moldova's stagings.

Yazy

flop: :md: this is ethnic but without any authenticity whatsoever. + unpopular opinion but with the exception of 2013 I dislike Moldova's stagings.
I actually have this one as shock non qualifier. I don´t dislike it. I think instrumental arrangement is cool but the melody itself is rather shallow.
And I keep thinking about the fact that it is sandwiched between Israel and Sweden.

PolarFoxxie.

I believe :fi: the biggest flop this year. Like so many eurofans would have depression after results in may because they're putting it him way on top and many except him to win televote and what not and they are up for a surprise of the year.

crashworld

Veteran
Why do I feel that :at: is going to the fan favourite flop of the year? Because from what I have seen from their performances, notwithstanding their vocal abilities, but they are giving me low-energy vibes for such a fun song and it's kinda dampening my experience with the song. It would be such a waste if this flop, because I really think it has the potential to do really well if everything is staged right.

Another 2 fan favourite flops I am smelling are :cz: and :no:.
I can see a NQ for the former and the latter will qualify but end up having a mid/right-hand side table result.

As for dark horse, personally I don't have one though. I would like to think :ch: is one. But I am just very worried about it's qualification chances especially it's a televote only semi. Plus people may get tired with the anti-war message and it's another male ballad (which they flop last year with the televoters).

SpiritofKeiino

I believe :fi: the biggest flop this year. Like so many eurofans would have depression after results in may because they're putting it him way on top and many except him to win televote and what not and they are up for a surprise of the year.
In my prediction in the other thread I said Finland would win televote, I would not be shocked however if someone else did. The performance just might not make as much of an impression on casual viewers as we think.
I wouldn't be surprised if Loreen did better than him in televote.

goncalovieira

I am getting confident about our results.
Something like Maro's result is coming... this time scoring better with televote.

ati0111

Dark horses:
Switzerland, Cyprus

Flops:
Spain, France, UK
I was very good with the flops!
Cyprus finished bit higher than what most people expected
Switzerland didn't finish too high but at least qualified and not bottom5 with televote

• Like It
Reactions: MS.

SpiritofKeiino

No real dark horses transpired this year.

Would Estonia be classified as a dark horse? It did very well with juries, lacked televote support.

I was pleasantly surprised by the size of Norways televote, shame the juries did them dirty.

Plenty of flops - Austria, Spain, France spring to mind - all had been talked about as potential winners at one stage.

While it wasn't expected to be a winner or a top 5, I'm surprised at the extent of Germany's flop. I thought it would be left side of the board with public support.

UK flopped but hardly a surprise.

Top Bottom