Contact us

2023 Overrated-Underrated Thread

Loindici

Veteran
2023 Overrated-Underrated Thread

Do you think of any entry that, in your opinion, will do better or worse in the contest (or in usual terms underrated/overrated)?

Let us know your thoughts!

Realest

Overrated: All Big5 Countries except :de: (without being biased), :at: (no front to all the Austrians here).
Underrated: :de::pl:

AndroZeus

5 most overrated:
:dk::il::no::se::uk:

5 most underrated:
:pt::lv::de::al::is:

Not just thinking of how the fandom rates them, but also the general public (odds, streams and such)

aef

Overrated: :es: :fr: :pt: :il: and :no: I’m afraid
Underrated: probably :lv: and :uk: but I don’t really think anyone is clearly underrated this year. (UK only if she will be able to deliver live otherwise not)

These are the ones I’m thinking of right now.

Ezio

Veteran
Overrated: All Big5 Countries except :de: (without being biased), :at:(no front to all the Austrians here).
Underrated: :de::pl:
Good gurl get a grip, the day after you oracled about a potential fan flop favorite before the live premiere, you put Austria on the overhyped train, out of all countries. And your own country underrated, I can’t. I could take it from a Swede or a Georgian, but this is the same recurring post as every year. Always a German who screams Austria overrated, lol at this Falsehood. Rename yourself into Falsest.

lasse braun

underrated at this date :ee: and maybe also :de:.
:es: with 5% winner odds is also underrated if we talk about real live singing skills (like alika) and the music as stunning visuell act.
spain has a true masterpiece at start - sweden & ukraine definetly not.
overrated:
i would say,that all countries without tested live staging and musicvideo only and higher in the odds fit this like :at::uk::il:.
:se: is maybe the frontrunner but for which reason?
at the the moment i am ok with that frontrunning but with 40% a mile ahead?
this is huge overrating!
xqueenbitch

Sammy

Veteran
Good gurl get a grip, the day after you oracled about a potential fan flop favorite before the live premiere, you put Austria on the overhyped train, out of all countries. And your own country underrated, I can’t. I could take it from a Swede or a Georgian, but this is the same recurring post as every year. Always a German who screams Austria overrated, lol at this Falsehood. Rename yourself into Falsest.
He basically is one. :ROFLMAO:

SpiritofKeiino

Underrated: Germany, loving this song and performance. I always have a soft spot for ROCK and also enjoying Australia.

Overrated: Sweden, can't get into this song and performance, and don't like the 'tattoo oo hoo' bit.
Austria - not really my style of humour, can't gel with it. Maybe I'll change my mind when I see the staging as there isn't much to go on right now.
Armenia - just a messy mish mash, not pleasant, yawn.

midnightsun

Veteran
Underrated: Germany, loving this song and performance. I always have a soft spot for ROCK and also enjoying Australia.

Overrated: Sweden, can't get into this song and performance, and don't like the 'tattoo oo hoo' bit.
Austria - not really my style of humour, can't gel with it. Maybe I'll change my mind when I see the staging as there isn't much to go on right now.
Armenia - just a messy mish mash, not pleasant, yawn.

Agree with everything except for Austria. I get the hype around this and I think it’s up there for a reason. It‘s unexpected and funny, even if you don’t know Poe or the sad music industry…. lines like "o mio padre, there‘s a ghost in my body“ are just so hilarious on its own, no matter the song. I just love it!

Ezio

Veteran

PolarFoxxie.

Overrated, probably most overrated song in the history of Eurovision Finland. Surprisingly nobody except Skymnos put it in that category.

Overrated

:fi:

Underrated

:rs::uk::fr::il:

Ajeje Brazorf

My picks:

Overrated:
:at:, :uk:, :se: (But not that much... I still see some qualities in Loreen's song which made me appreciate it more)

Underrated (the list is long):
:lv: (most underrated song of the year), :lt:, :pt:, :de:, :mt:, :am: (slightly)

Top Bottom