WorldVision Mod
Staff member
ireland.png

current-entry.png

Last edited:

Staewi

Re: IRELAND - #16 - Comeback!

Thanks, guys. xwave
My first WV Country xheart:) Looking forward to see entries which will receive points from me:)
I hope so. :mrgreen: But I'm not sure if it'll work, my entries (of which I have planned 3-5 till now) will not be in the same style as yours. But let's wait ... xpopcorn

Gera11

WorldVision Mod 🌻
Staff member

Here goes my plans for WV something after 20 :D Good luck with :ie:, Staewi xrunhug

as78

Nice that :ie: is back in WV. :D
Good luck Staewi! xcheer

Jim

Welcome back Ireland and good luck! :)

Staewi

Here goes my plans for WV something after 20 :D Good luck with :ie:, Staewi xrunhug
Yeah, that was my plan. xqueenbitch

Well, you can have it "something after 20", I definetly won't be there anymore then. :lol: My last edition will be the 19th (maybe even the 18th in case an attractive region is free), here is the little schedule I made for the next editions, and for the first time in my WV life I will keep it. :roll:

#16: internal selection of one "European variant of an R&B-starlet"
#17: national final with different artists -> open for suggestions, even Celtic Woman :D
#18: internal selection of "an all-girls band, but not one from the casting and TV world"
#19: internal selection, giving another shot for #16 artist

Staewi

Worldvision 16
Samantha Mumba

A few moments ago Ireland has presented its ninth Worldvision entrant. It's Samantha Mumba!
samantha-mumba-4432-400x250.jpg

Samantha Mumba is a 30-years old Irish singer and actress. Being discovered in a talent show she released her debut album Gotta Tell You in 2000, which has sold more than four million copies worldwide. It spawned six singles - Gotta Tell You, Body II Body, Always Come Back to Your Love, Baby Come on Over (This Is Our Night), Don't Need You To (Tell Me I'm Pretty) and Lately - and all of them reached the Irish single charts, as well as various positions abroad. Her 2002 single I'm Right Here proved successful, but a second album was never released and Mumba went on to appear in several films. In 2013 she announced her comeback to music scene.

Of course her WV song wasn't revealed yet, but on the press conference she performed some of her hits, which might be taken:

theditz83

Veteran
Re: IRELAND - #16 - Samantha Mumba - TBA

My faves are "Always Come Back To Your Love" and "Never Meant To Be", but Gotta Tell You is also awesome ;)

Staewi

My faves are "Always Come Back To Your Love" and "Never Meant To Be", but Gotta Tell You is also awesome ;)
Well, I just purchased her album (before I only had youtube downloads of Gotta Tell You and I'm Right Here - still listening to them more than 500 times :lol:) and at first listen I don't see your two faves as Irish WV entries, for my taste they are too bland (just like the most of the album, I have to admit I'm disappointed a little bit^^). IMO her best songs are the more catchier ones I mentioned above, plus Body II Body and Baby Come On Over. But I'm sure you'll be confident with my choice in the end. ;)

theditz83

Veteran

Well, I just purchased her album (before I only had youtube downloads of Gotta Tell You and I'm Right Here - still listening to them more than 500 times :lol:) and at first listen I don't see your two faves as Irish WV entries, for my taste they are too bland (just like the most of the album, I have to admit I'm disappointed a little bit^^). IMO her best songs are the more catchier ones I mentioned above, plus Body II Body and Baby Come On Over. But I'm sure you'll be confident with my choice in the end. ;)

Always Come Back To My Love is always an example I give of a perfectly crafted late 90's/early 00's pop song. That, along with "Rewind" by Precious (UK ESC representatives from 1998) and "Stranded" by Lutricia McNeal - all from around the same period. When Sam's album came out, I listened to it religiously for weeks, everyday on the bus to and from university and I knew every song off by heart! I think she had far more potential than she was allowed to reach.

Anyway, I'm sure I'll enjoy your entry since I like her - I just don't like Baby Come On Over that much, so I hope it isn't that one :lol:

Staewi

Always Come Back To My Love is always an example I give of a perfectly crafted late 90's/early 00's pop song. That, along with "Rewind" by Precious (UK ESC representatives from 1998) and "Stranded" by Lutricia McNeal - all from around the same period. When Sam's album came out, I listened to it religiously for weeks, everyday on the bus to and from university and I knew every song off by heart! I think she had far more potential than she was allowed to reach.

Anyway, I'm sure I'll enjoy your entry since I like her - I just don't like Baby Come On Over that much, so I hope it isn't that one :lol:
No, it's not Baby Come On Over, and I gotta tell you: The Irish entry is her song

GOTTA TELL YOU

Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

Your love for me came as a waterfall
Flowing inside me like never before
Your love for me, something I didn't see
But baby, I know better now
When you walked in the room that very night
A special feeling just burst inside
There was only you, nobody else
But baby, I know better now

Don't wanna love you if you don't love me
Don't wanna need you when you won't need me too
Don't wanna tell you this now
But it wouldn't be right if I (If I)
Didn't tell you this tonight

Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

And now you're back inside my house again
I'm trying deeply to explain
'Cause baby, I wanna get it on
And baby, you're the one for me (woah, woah, woah)
And now that I have got you all alone
After all this talking on the phone
I should be strong
There's nothing wrong
I'll tell you this is where you belong (Where you belong)

Don't wanna love you if you don't love me (If you don't love me)

There was just something in your eyes
That made me realise
Now I hear voices deep inside
Telling me, telling me it's you and I

Don't wanna love you if you don't love me (If you don't love me)

VOTE #12 IN SEMI-FINAL ONE
You won't do anyway, but maybe it works? :rolleyes:

To make up your mind you also could take a notice of this recent remix! In its video, Samantha Mumba clones save the club energy level around the world! Yay!
Samantha Mumba, queen of great music videos. xbow xbow

Amir

Veteran
Re: IRELAND - #16 - Samantha Mumba - Gotta Tell You

whyyyy?? xcry

Staewi

Well, it was expected - in fact I thought it would do even worse - still it's very sad, because it's one of my favourite songs of all time and my 3rd most listened song according to Last.fm. xcry

I don't think there will be an Irish entry in WV17, not (only) because Samantha's failure, but mainly because of time issues. School is starting soon again, I really want to focus on it and I'm already spending too much time on these contests. :lol:

Amir

Veteran

Well, it was expected - in fact I thought it would do even worse - still it's very sad, because it's one of my favourite songs of all time and my 3rd most listened song according to Last.fm. xcry

I don't think there will be an Irish entry in WV17, not (only) because Samantha's failure, but mainly because of time issues. School is starting soon again, I really want to focus on it and I'm already spending too much time on these contests. :lol:

It became my favourite WV entry ever, and I think you are the jury I gave most points to, I always loved your entries xlove
It's a shame you want to withdraw, but I do the same, so what's the difference haha

Staewi

Re: Ireland - Back for WV20 with NADINE COYLE

Ireland's WV abstinence is finally over! In a press conference moments after the WV19 final, the Irish entrant for the upcoming competition somewhere in Scandinavia was firstly shown to public. It's...
nadine-coyle-insatiable.png

NADINE COYLE
The ex-Girls Aloud singer will compete with one of her solo songs. Which one wasn't revealed according to the rules, but also because it's simply not chosen yet. One contender might be her first solo single Insatiable - a song that she presented live on the conference:

Top Bottom