Contact us

ᵕ̈ 🇲🇽 Mexico 🇲🇽ᵕ̈ | WV 190 | Break

Adrian

Last edited:

cegs5

Re: ★ México WV 77 ★ La Antorcha Encendida (The Flaming Torch)

WV 77
Jorge Avendaño - La Antorcha Encendida

La Antorcha Encendida (The Flaming Torch) is a Mexican telenovela aired in 1996. The storyline is told in the time of Independence (1785 - 1810), when Mexico fought for its freedom after centuries ruled by Spain.

The soundtrack was written by Jorge Avendaño and it consists in 30 tracks, including the overture which is our current entry for WV 77.

The lyrics are in latin and they are the text seen in the Seal for the Tribunal of the Holy Office of the Inquisition, a verse of Psalm 73 of the Holy Bible. :

"Exurge Domine et judica causam tuam"
("Rise Up, O Lord, and judge your own cause")

2sb947s.gif

cegs5

Re: ★ México WV 78 ★ Florinda Meza - La pata y el tulipán

WV 78
Florinda Meza - La pata y el tulipán

Florinda Meza (1949) is a Mexican actress, television producer, and screenwriter. She was cast to play lead roles at sitcoms and comedy series for Televisa, which became a major international hits during the 70's and are aired still nowadays in the entire Latin America. A real classic.
Florinda Meza never recorded an album as a soloist, but she did grace the audience with some special features with her comedy characters.

La pata y el tulipán (The duck and the tulip) is a cover version of Sanremo 1952 song Paperi e Papere. It kept the melody with some drastic instrumental differences, the lyrics are not a translation from Italian either. It was recorded in 1979 as a special musical for an episode of the legendary comedy series El Chapulín Colorado (The Red Grasshopper, which is also an inspiration for The Simpsons' character Bumblebee Man).

The song itself is about the impossible love between a duck and a tulip.

English lyrics

In a lagoon, not far from here
between tulips one day I saw
a little duck singing happy happy
quiri qui qui

Singing and singing she told her dad
you should know I want to marry
a tulip who wants to truly love me

Dad duck was in shock,
to the happy little duck told, after a while
"Tulips, you should know, are tall tall tall
and you are short, and you are short"
The little duck replied singing
short as I am, I love my tulip
short as I am, I love my tulip.

Tired of listening to her
dad duck, without further ado
enjoined to dry that lagoon
where she could see the tulip.

Then, the little duck started to cry
but after so much crying
unexpectedly another lagoon was filled.

Dad duck was in shock,
to the happy little duck told, after a while
Tulips, you should know, are tall tall tall
and you are short, and you are short
but love is magical
you already convinced me
I don't want to see you sad
your tulip is calling you.
I don't want to see you sad
your tulip is calling you.

Leydan

Super Moderator
Staff member
Re: México | wv87 | Gloria Trevi & Alejandra Guzmán - Cuando un hombre te enamora

The juror of Mexico is exhausted and needs to think whether this is the end of her story in wv or not. Right now she feels she doesn't have the time and the mood to continue, but doesn't want to take a decision when she's half asleep, as it's not the best moment to be impulsive. There will be an announcement soon.

Don't do anything too hasty, with our new system if you leave there is no easy way back. xcry1 It'd be a shame to see you go. Maybe go back on the breaks?

Gera11

WorldVision Mod 🌻
Staff member
Re: México | wv87 | Gloria Trevi & Alejandra Guzmán - Cuando un hombre te enamora

Aw don't leave :(

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Re: México | WV88

I'll be sad to see you go, but your reasons would be very understandable. Maybe Livia you could take a break and then see how you feel? We're allowed to sit three editions out every ten now. Once a player decides to leave, it's going to be hard to get back in I imagine (since the new rules we still haven't welcomed a single new player). Maybe a month or two of not playing could help you make a decision you feel clearer and more comfortable with. It seems to me you enjoy WorldVision but things are all just a bit too much at the moment. I hope everything simmers down for you soon, and that you have a great 2018.

On a side note: I enjoyed your entry so much the previous editionxheart I was sad to see it miss out :( It would have picked up 7 or 8 points from me in the final.

Leydan

Super Moderator
Staff member
Re: México | WV88 | Sofía Reyes - Muévelo ft. Wisin

YAS xbow H-O-T entry.

BernadetteCydonia

México slés agén (idk if they did before but let's pretend they did) xheart

DaFlo

Banned

I've sent this when I had Puerto Rico but then changed entry to a flop song haha good luck :D

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member

It was almost my entry when i was in Puerto Rico too :lol: Good luck great song xheart

DenizESC

Banned

México slés agén (idk if they did before but let's pretend they did) xheart

Are you kidding me? Obv Mexico knows how to slay, actually they know it better then most of us. Here is a Mexican tutorial on how to 'slay'

Top Bottom