Contact us

Top 3 disappointing entries from your country?

Chalphon

For me:

:se: 1992 Imorgon är en annan dag – Christer Björkman
:se: 1999 Take Me to Your Heaven – Charlotte Nilsson
:se: 2017 I Can't Go On – Robin Bengtsson

I really had other favourites those years...

Sammy

Veteran
:at: Wilfried - Mona Lisa (among the worst vocal performances ever)
:at: Trackshittaz - Woki mit deim Popo (incredibly dumb and sexist)
:at: Christina Simon: Heute in Jerusalem (too pathetic, too forced artsy, too André Heller, whom I really don’t like, now even less after the Banksy-affair…. )

lasse braun

i will not touch the past because different times.
so...
1.:de: 2018 kitsch²
1.:de: 2019 painful
3.:de: 2021 embarrassing

Mainshow

Veteran
:de:
#1 2021 utterly horrendous and embarrassing
#2 2019 abysmal and embarrassing
#3 2017 generic and amateurish

:pl:
#1 2021 TVP trolling hard
#2 2018 :se: wannabe singer
#3 2011 decent entry but horrible performance

ESC94

I wanted to write something as well but your comments about Germany are exactly mine. :LOL:(y)

Ajeje Brazorf

1976 - We'll live it all again
1985 - Magic, oh Magic
2015 - Grande Amore

Those three are the worst songs Italy send to the competition in my honest and humble opinion. I don't dislike Albano and Romina, but both their songs presented at ESC were tragic and awful. Grande Amore, despite the guys of Il Volo having great voices, is the typical classic Italian song which I strongly dislike: the lyrics are 3 minutes of clichées which wouldn't have worked in 1950, so I'm glad we didn't won with that song.

Chalphon

I really like Germany 2017 :)
2021 wasn't that bad but 2019 was really sh#t

I liked Poland 2021 but the vocals were too weak. I agree on 2018 and 2011.

AndroZeus

:dk: 2023 and :dk: 2021 are two of my least favourite ESC songs of all time, like, both in my bottom 100 for sure. It's difficult to zone in on a third place, because almost everything Denmark's sent since 1995 has been fucking awful... Let's say Soldiers of Love, I don't remember the year.

And then my other country of origin, I can't be bothered to look up the years, but Teenage Life, Still In Love With You and Flying the Flag are probably my least favourite, though, again, the UK has sent a lot of awful shit in the 21st century.

HarryUK

Veteran
Oh girl I'd need about 5 working days to even BEGIN but I'll do it from when I first started to watch the contest in 2005:

#1 :uk: 2010 | Josh Dubovie - That Sounds Good To Me
This was just a fucking disaster from the word go. Cheesy pop song written and produced by an extremely outdated writer and producer (even for 2010), the on stage 'cringe' moments such as the attempts to get the crowd clapping, the staging, the backing vocalists. One big YIKES. All this too after such a strong year for us in 2009...

#2 :uk: 2015 | Electro Velvet - Still In Love With You
For me, Eurovision is meant to reflect the type of music you hear on the radio in your country... what radio station did the BBC think they were mimicking here? Electro Swing gone wrong... everything from the dodgy scatting, to the pound shop light up dress that probably needed a PAT test before taking to the stage. Also the look on the female vocalists face, you'd think she was being forced to do it. Just an utter shitshow.

#3 :uk: 2012 | Engelbert Humperdinck - Love Will Set You Free
Sending Blue in 2011 was one thing, but sending Engelbert was another. On paper the song is OK, but nothing special. There's no real journey you can go on with it, it's very flat and lacks energy, which granted considering the singer's age, is understandable - but that raises the question... the UK has so much young, up and coming talent, why did they almost waste the year with this entry? One size definitely doesn't fit all when it comes to sending has beens. Not to mention Engelbert's general attitude towards the contest was less than ideal...

12Pointsgoto.....

Since my country does not participate in Eurovision, I will state the three songs that I dislike the most from the country where I started watching eurovision.

1. 1975 - Sommer Melodie, this is a big fat NO from me, thank god it came last, this is the most awful thing Germany has ever sent, it is literally worse than Paradies wo bist du, and we are still getting to that. I don't like this duet thing they were going for, it feels super forced and the back up singers more charisma than the two main singers. Also, what are they wearing. Their outfits are terrible, it is just mind boggling what a colossal failure this entry is.
2. 1965? (I think) - Paradies wo bist du (I think it's called that), This was also a deserved last place and Zero pointer, just the song was so boring even for back then's standards. Great singer, but the composition was definitely not helping her out. Nothing else to say about it, just not competitive on any level, and quite difficult to listen to.
3. 2005 - Run and Hide, I don't think I need to do much explaining on this one, just watch the performance.

Besides that, I actually enjoy most of Germany's entries, maybe they had some misses in the last decade but overall, they provided some great quality over the years.

hijirio

Veteran
:tr: 2010
:tr: 2011
:tr: 2012

with these outrageous entries i had already given up on Eurovision long before we pulled out

0scar

Since 2000
1. :nl: 2009 De Toppers - Shine: what was this
2. :nl: 2006 Treble - Amambanda: what was this
3. :nl: 2018 Waylon - Outlaw in 'Em: what was this

Judas

FSC Mod
Staff member
:tr:

2011 - Yüksek Sadakat - Live it up
First DNQ was definitely deserved. The song wasn't horrible and could have slipped through but the performance ruined the little chances it had.

2005 - Gülseren - Rimi Rimi Ley
Originality is good but not necessarily in all occasions. This was a bad example of originality.

For third spot 90% Turkish entries between 1978 - 2002 could fit in.

Chalphon

:tr:

2011 - Yüksek Sadakat - Live it up
First DNQ was definitely deserved. The song wasn't horrible and could have slipped through but the performance ruined the little chances it had.

2005 - Gülseren - Rimi Rimi Ley
Originality is good but not necessarily in all occasions. This was a bad example of originality.

For third spot 90% Turkish entries between 1978 - 2002 could fit in.
What? Opera was awesome :D

Toy
Feker libi
IM

lasse braun

What? Opera was awesome
yeah!
100% agree - in 1983 for sure for many people a little bit weird but 40 years later cult in a positive quality way. xqueenbitch
aside from the 2003 winner i also like 2004 & 2007 a lot.
further sometimes i think that the 2004 winner only was a rip-off of the 2003 winner. xscared

Top Bottom