After months of preparation, nerve-wracking national selection shows, hours of rehearsals, countless interviews and press meetings, tonnes of partying (there’s room for that at Eurovision t00) and a little dose of sightseeing, the stage is set, the artists are raring to go and we are finally here. Ladies and gentlemen, it’s time for the Eurovision Song Contest 2016 to begin!
Tonight, 18 countries will perform live on international television to aim for a place in Saturday’s grand final. The participants in this semi-final are;
- FINLAND – Sandhja – Sing It Away
- GREECE – Argo – Utopian Land
- MOLDOVA – Lidia Isac – Falling Stars
- HUNGARY – Freddie – Pioneer
- CROATIA – Nina Kraljić – Lighthouse
- NETHERLANDS – Douwe Bob – Slow Down
- ARMENIA – Iveta Mukuchyan – LoveWave
- SAN MARINO – Serhat – I Didn’t Know
- RUSSIA – Sergey Lazarev – You Are The Only One
- CZECH REPUBLIC – Gabriela Gunčíková – I Stand
- CYPRUS – Minus One – Alter Ego
- AUSTRIA – Zoë – Loin d’ici
- ESTONIA – Jüri Pootsmann – Play
- AZERBAIJAN – Samra – Miracle
- MONTENEGRO – Highway – The Real Thing
- ICELAND – Greta Salóme – Hear Them Calling
- BOSNIA & HERZEGOVINA – Dalal, Deen, Ana Rucner & Jala – Ljubav je
- MALTA – Ira Losco – Walk On Water
Only ten of these countries will qualify and it’s certainly a competitive list, so you don’t want to miss tonight! We’ll be on social media and the forum throughout the show tonight gauging your reactions and we’ll have our predictions for you later today.
So, make sure you have everything ready. Grab your drinks and snacks, unplug the phone, lock the door, sit back and relax, because Eurovision is finally back on TV!
Which songs do you hope to see in the final? Share your thoughts with us below!