In three weeks’ time, Beovizija 2018 will be held in the Sava Center in Belgrade, and songs will be released next Wednesday. In the meantime, we will continue to bring you exclusive interviews with the participants.
His stage name is sevdahBABY and recently he decided to fly solo and he will land at the Serbian national final with his unique song “Hajde da igramo sada” (Let’s dance now).
Would you be so kind as to introduce yourself to our readers?
– Hey guys! My name is Milan Stanković (no, not the one you’re thinking of!) and I deal with music and art.
What were your first thoughts when you were told that you’re going to be part of Beovizija?
– F**k! I will have to sing live – in front of all those people in Sava Center!
After couple of years of internal selections, this year Serbia will choose its representative via a big national final. Do you think this kind of festival is valuable for composers, performers and the audience?
– Since this is the second time I have participated at Beovizija, I know how meaningful this is. To be able to promote songs, performers and songwriters on national television is a huge thing for all of us, so I think it is amazing that this festival is back and that creativity and competition are being appreciated.
What is a typical day like for you?
– I am trying to start my day with some easy workouts (unless I am rushing somewhere or having scheduled meetings), then I go through my messages and missed calls (as I’m not an early bird). I have time for a late breakfast before I sit at my desk so I can work on production, designs and editing videos for my social networks.
Can you tell us something interesting about yourself?
– In 2006 I graduated as an architectural engineer, but I decided to sacrifice that part of my life for the sake of my music and art.
What can you tell us about your song?
– This is another song coming from the latest chapter of sevdahBABY, with me as a lead vocalist. My Beovizija entry is inspired by 90s RnB and it harks back to those sweet innocent times of benign lyrics and positive energy.
Your first Eurovision memory?
– I think it was Bebi Dol with her catchy tune “Brazil” in 1991.
Your favourite Eurovision song?
– The Spanish entry from 1990: Azucar Moreno’s “Bandido”.
And, finally, do you have any message for Eurovision fans all around the world?
– I always wish for them to have fun, enjoy the contest and not lose their temper over their favourites if they don’t do well, as this is just one big game and we all came to have fun!
Thanks Milan for talking to us! Best of luck in Beovizija on Tuesday 20th February!
Who do #YOU want to represent Serbia this year? Share your thoughts with us on our forum HERE or join the discussion below and on social media!