10 5.6%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

theditz83

Veteran
I mean, I'm naturally always going to squeal for KEiiNO but I also feel like they don't really need to return right now. I'd rather another new act had the opportunity.

One thing's for sure, based on MGP the past couple of years, my expectations will be through the roof for a showstopper - don't let me down my Nordic ice queens and kings xlove

Andromache

"Monument" was good. I like it even more than SITS. I'm excited for their comeback! I find Ulrikke's music too generic. She needs to step her game up. I'm also very excited for MGP. This year had so many bops. Best NF imo.

Realest

Based on current Momentum, :no: deserves the most to become next Years Winner.

Sparky

I never understood the KEIINO hatred by some people. They are clearly not a supergroup formed for just one ESC bait song anymore. Everyone, including those knowbetter juries thought this, but history taught they were all wrong. They have proper vision of things (their music and lyrics are pretty dark, if you scratch the scandipoppy surface), they are a functioning team, they wrote for themselves and are not dependant by the AAA songwriters. They have released 23 songs so far, all are different without being ecclectic. Their songs have high respect for people, they all are seeded from norwegian and sami folklore roots, they dare to touch topics like passing away, they use interesting metaphors of norwegian landscapes, and I can go on and on. I hope they either return or find a way to international fame like Maneskin.

rasmuslights

Veteran
I never understood the KEIINO hatred by some people. They are clearly not a supergroup formed for just one ESC bait song anymore. Everyone, including those knowbetter juries thought this, but history taught they were all wrong. They have proper vision of things (their music and lyrics are pretty dark, if you scratch the scandipoppy surface), they are a functioning team, they wrote for themselves and are not dependant by the AAA songwriters. They have released 23 songs so far, all are different without being ecclectic. Their songs have high respect for people, they all are seeded from norwegian and sami folklore roots, they dare to touch topics like passing away, they use interesting metaphors of norwegian landscapes, and I can go on and on. I hope they either return or find a way to international fame like Maneskin.

gurl I think they have the charisma or the songs worthy of achieving international fame like Maneskin...

they're just schlager music mixed with sami vocals. nothing more than that. no hate to them personally, they seem really nice but their music is not something I want to hear eurovision every 3 years.

I'm not personally against artists returning (like Loreen 2012, 2017, 2023 - that's 3 participation in 11 years or Marco).

But going to an nf in 2019, 2021 and 2024 is almost pathetic. Especially since you're probably participating with more or less the same song. Not to mention the Norwegian public is so biased that they're going to win 100 % unless someone really famous like Sigrid, Astrid S or Marcus and Martinus enters.

Sparky

Dude, did you actually hear anything by them beyond SitS and Monument? Calling those two songs as "same songs" is weird alone. In this case every ESC song is the same, I can't make the difference between the good dozen of generic diva ballads every year, neither the typical ESC trash/troll pieces.

But then, the other KEIINO songs are massively different. Listen to their last 3 releases, Ritma, Alt Du Kan Se and Nights of Thunder. If you say they are the same song then I'm not sure what to tell to you. And the first two are actually not even schlager type.

This is what happens when somebody is just stating opinions without actual knowledge.

rasmuslights

Veteran
Dude, did you actually hear anything by them beyond SitS and Monument? Calling those two songs as "same songs" is weird alone. In this case every ESC song is the same, I can't make the difference between the good dozen of generic diva ballads every year, neither the typical ESC trash/troll pieces.

But then, the other KEIINO songs are massively different. Listen to their last 3 releases, Ritma, Alt Du Kan Se and Nights of Thunder. If you say they are the same song then I'm not sure what to tell to you. And the first two are actually not even schlager type.

This is what happens when somebody is just stating opinions without actual knowledge.

Believe me, I listened to quite a couple of their songs. They have their style and that's fine. But they're offering nothing new.

Sparky

Believe me, I listened to quite a couple of their songs. They have their style and that's fine. But they're offering nothing new.
Well, neither do the others in ESC. Some weird outliers call themselves new, but they are like a fart in the wind in the context of proper musical legacy, the rest usually come up with songs we already heard 10 times already, including this year's sorry winner.

simori95

Ok I loved Ulrikkes song this year but I totally understand that her style might be a bit too cheese-ball-like for many people. But hear me out!! A Blåsemafian x Ulrikke collab could be xheat

About KEiiNO, I personally would love them to return but I understand it might be an overkill for some. I would love it though and I don’t think the casual viewer would mind much either.

HarryUK

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just internally select KEiiNO as an apology for the disgrace that was MGP 2021 and the TikTok generation infiltrating the contest with crap

Chalphon

Just internally select KEiiNO as an apology for the disgrace that was MGP 2021 and the TikTok generation infiltrating the contest with crap

Keiinos song in MGP 2021 was underwhelming, they should have entered with their song unbreakable instead. I would have prefered that.

Top Bottom