Contact us

April Fool's joke - FSC Rules change: “New” Songs

Malagant

FSC Administrator
Staff member
To the FSC Community,

As everyone knows, the purpose of the FSC is to promote new releases on a monthly basis. An entry can be up to 12 months old but not older than that.

The FSC Mod team has received complaints from several FSC-juries over the past months that 12 months hardly make the entries new, and that this goes against the intent of the FSC, as well as the fact that FSC in its early years defined “new” as much ‘fresher’/newer than 8 or say 12 months.

In view of this, the FSC Mod team has deliberated and discussed the matter at some length, as well as having checked the early FSC archives and having received valuable input, and have come to the conclusion that it is now necessary to adjust the FSC Rules in question accordingly so that we better reflect the intent of the contest.

Therefore, going forwards from next month May 2024, entries in the FSC can be max 5 months old instead of the present 12 months. So an entry for FSC May 2024 can have earliest release date 1st December 2023. If the entry was released in November 2023 or earlier, it will not be eligible in FSC.

We are glad this will bring us closer to the contest’s original intent, bring new and ‘fresh’ entries to FSC, and we thank those member juries who contacted us about this matter.

The FSC Rules (Entries, pt 5) will be updated accordingly and we ask all Head of Juries (HOJ) to inform their jury members. For April 2024 the old rules will be used since entries have been submitted and collected.

Thank you, all!

On behalf of the FSC Mod team,

Regards,

Malagant
FSC Admin

yuki_vamp.esc

Is this for real or some sort of because today's April??? I hope it's the latter

heke1988

You got me. April fool's day, everyone!

Kevan1994

While I am somewhat happy that this decision has things headed in the right direction, my suggestion remains steadfast: FSC entries must be from 0-12 months in the future.

I am confident that this will bring this contest the freshest and newest entries we've seen yet.

Malagant

FSC Administrator
Staff member
Okies, most of you have probably figured it out by now, but just for the record:

YES, this was an April Fools joke (as per annual tradition; Malagant was at it again..
:mrgreen:
), we are of course not changing the FSC Rules as described. Going forwards songs in FSC can still be up to 12 months old.

Glad you enjoyed this year’s FSC April Fool's ‘prank’! xup

AndroZeus

While I am somewhat happy that this decision has things headed in the right direction, my suggestion remains steadfast: FSC entries must be from 0-12 months in the future.

I am confident that this will bring this contest the freshest and newest entries we've seen yet.
Future Song Contest - we wouldn't even have to change the acronym!

Top Bottom