Page 96 of 96 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596

Thread: WV RIO DE JANEIRO 01 / GRAND FINAL / RESULTS - PAGE 26

1. Legend
    Scotland

Re: WV RIO DE JANEIRO 01 / GRAND FINAL / RESULTS - PAGE 26

If I can interject here, it's clear that this was an oversight and the entry should never have made it to the show. For that, we apologise and we will be actively ensuring that it doesn't happen in future.

I don't think we need to say much more on the situation - everyone's opinion and the points raised are all appreciated and will go to ensure that the contest improves in future editions.
    Likes  Trece liked this post

2019 ranking: 12 10 Norway 8 Malta 7 The Netherlands 6 Spain 5 Cyprus 4 Belarus 3 Belgium 2 Russia 1 Sweden

2. Legend
    Hungary

What a drama. Anyways, I consider withdrawing from this contest, not for this song being disqualified, but for people not having the right of doing anything the way they want and getting disqualified for random reasons. [Oh, where in the rules was it stated that this song needs to get disqualified. I mean rules before it happened, and not any edited posts kind of rules.]

I wonder how soon it will take until we'll be forced to cancel our entries for the fact of the entry collector disliking our song. I think people should be happy about a contest and not be obsessed by OMG did I f--k up anything in my NF, and will my entry meet the random standards that keep changing all time long.

Though, as it doesn't meets the forum rules to comment on to these stuff, I guess should shut up [and edit my post a bit before I post it what I did now].
    DISHONORED MAN. I, after my child's birth, am a person in this country that's trying to live like a 100% queen.

3. Wizard
    Estonia

Quote Originally Posted by theditz83 View Post
    I don't think we need to say much more on the situation - everyone's opinion and the points raised are all appreciated and will go to ensure that the contest improves in future editions.
    <3 the every opinion is appreciated, but only mods opinion is valid stance
    Likes  strajker, pyryniemi, No Name liked this post

4. Legend
    Cyprus

You see that everybody disagrees with Iceland's disqualification, even people who didn't like the attitude of SpZ overall, but you don't do anything. That's unfair, if the most people disagree on a matter, then democracy demands that their voice will be heard. It's not because the song was not eligible to compete for Iceland, if for example you found out that it wasn't eligible for any reason (for example, the band is not from Iceland, or it was a cover of a Eurovision NF song, etc), then I'd understand the disqualification. But disqualifying it because he didn't provide the results of his NF, it's ridiculous. This should have been done before the contest started. Once the contest was running, and the semi-finals were completed, it was too late to disqualify it. I get it that you are inexperienced in such contests, because you started now alone and you don't have somebody who was a mod in the past so he knows the work, and I think you need somebody who has experience to help you. I thought Reggie would help with this matter, but he's too busy. I am inexperienced as a mod too, but thankfully in our mod team we have experienced mods who know what to do in each situation... This must be done with the mod team of WV. You know I like you all, you are awesome guys and you do a great job in most things, but the organization needs more than that!

ESC 2019: 12 NL // 10 NO // 08 CH // 07 AZ // 06 SE // 05 RS // 04 CY // 03 PL // 02 SI //01 ES

Page 96 of 96 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596