Page 123 of 123 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123
Results 1,221 to 1,222 of 1222

Thread: Japan | 日本 | WV113: Rock & Instrumentals NF

1. Expert
    Australia

Japan | 日本 | WV113: Rock & Instrumentals NF

Introduction
    Welcome to Japan! I debuted in WV65 intending to showcase some of my favourite Japanese music, and I've been having a blast so far. I recently had a short stint over in Canada, and may make further swaps in the future, but for now I'm happy to be back in Japan, where I've got plenty of songs to send from across all sorts of genres. Hope you're enjoying what I've got to offer!

Why Japan?
    I've been interested in Japanese culture for years, ranging from history to anime to music. I majored in Japanese language at university, and now work as a Japanese translator, so while I'm far from an expert, I've had enough exposure to the culture to hear and see a bunch of things. I've so far tried (with mixed results) to improve on the country's traditionally weak WV results, and I hope to keep at it in the future, all while showing people some interesting music along the way.

What music can I expect?
    A little bit of everything! I've got a library of over 1000 eligible Japanese songs, spanning dozens of genres. While my preferences usually tend towards ballads, rock, and instrumental pieces, I'm hoping to send something a little different in every edition. Most of my Japanese music comes from anime, but there's also a lot in my library from games, visual novels, and - of course - regular artists. I've got a big backlog, but hit me up if you've got any requests - it might just amaze me, or perhaps you'll convince me to push something I already have up the schedule a little!

How do you choose your songs?
    My NFs so far have all been great fun to run; I'd do them for just about every edition if I had the time. But I make plenty of internal selections as well, both due to time constraints and in order to force through interesting songs - whether it's something I adore or just a quirky song that I'd like to send but think will flop in an NF. Always willing to take suggestions, either of songs or selection methods!

Zobo's WV History

2. Expert
    Australia

Re: Japan | 日本 | WV113: Rock & Instrumentals NF

Thanks to for their votes, bringing us to a total of 7 voters so far! Here's where the scores stand right now...

So we've pretty much got two packs at the moment: a tight two-horse race up the front, then a couple of stragglers a while behind. A couple sets of voters could turn things around completely, but things are especially close with that top two! There's about a day and a half to go, so let's see what happens
    Likes  Gabor77 liked this post

3. WorldVision Mod
    Canada

Re: Japan | 日本 | WV113: Rock & Instrumentals NF

Zobo, have you been following Carole and Tuesday a bit more? Their most recent song "After the Fire" with Crystal (Lauren Dyson) from this week's episode is amazing, I can't stop listening to it

The English dub is on Netflix here

I got addicted to a losing game