Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 89

Thread: Not enough moderation at the political section/Freedom of Speech

  1. Veteran
    Israel
    Yoni's Avatar
    Gender
    Male
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    5,701
    Location
    ישראל || Lach, Cherniya
    #21

    Re: Not enough moderation at the political section

    Quote Originally Posted by AdelAdel View Post
    Well, I don't support swearing or insulting others with swear words. This "Freedom of speech" thing blinds some people into breaking all the rules of normal functioning in the society. And hate speech is banned in most nations.
    last time I checked supporting a certain person is not a hate speech at all.

  2. Legend
    Poland
    AdelAdel's Avatar
    Gender
    Male
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    15,430
    Location
    Poland
    #22

    Re: Not enough moderation at the political section

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoni View Post
    last time I checked supporting a certain person is not a hate speech at all.
    That's right.
    So I guess it's just the matter of disliking someone.

  3. Legend
    UK
    MyHeartIsYours's Avatar
    Gender
    Male
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    24,373
    Location
    Manchester
    #23

    Re: Not enough moderation at the political section

    You could say you support Adolf Hitler, and it wouldnt equate to hate speech. Hate speech would be when you say you support some of the things he did.

  4. Wizard
    Estonia
    SpZ's Avatar
    Gender
    Male
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    3,969
    Location
    In your head
    #24

    Re: Not enough moderation at the political section

    Quote Originally Posted by MyHeartIsYours View Post
    You could say you support Adolf Hitler, and it wouldnt equate to hate speech. Hate speech would be when you say you support some of the things he did.
    We are getting off topic here again as always, but I am going to disagree. There is a big difference in saying a) I find that what Hitler did during WW2 (for example killing the jews) was in my opinion needed and therefor justified (not my real opinion) and b) I think we should kill all of the jews.
    And I think that even the statement b) And I am even semi-supporting allowing the option b style statements to be allowed.

  5. Super Moderator
    Serbia
    Milos-BC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    11,650
    Location
    Serbia
    #25

    Re: Not enough moderation at the political section

    Quote Originally Posted by AdelAdel View Post
    So why is swearing and insulting people forbidden? Following your logic, isn't this freedom of speech?
    You are mixing some things that cannot be mixed now.

    Nothing is logic what you wrote here, and it certainly isn't "my" logic.

    Let's follow this logic that you are implying instead - when you go to someone's house and when the owner tells you to "feel like you are home", that should, according to what you wrote in a reply to my post, also mean that you can do anything you like in his house, including thrashing things you don't like there, calling the owner an "a****e" if he angers you, and even ease your "natural needs" in a dining room instead of the toilet etc.........

    He told you to feel like you are home, so why shouldn't he allow you to do all this?

    I don't understand what kind of a question this is. Is there any forum on the internet where insulting people and swearing aren't sanctioned?

    And also, all people in the mod team are highly tolerable (which is also a problem, I guess). I am also. I always tend to help people when they need to be helped. Many people can confirm that, but everything has it's own limits. And when I give a finger to someone, it doesn't mean that he has to pull the whole hand.

    I can always turn a new page if needed.

  6. Legend
    Poland
    AdelAdel's Avatar
    Gender
    Male
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    15,430
    Location
    Poland
    #26

    Re: Not enough moderation at the political section

    I believe you got that wrong, Milos. What I was saying was that swearing and/or insulting equals hate speech and supporting inhuman things, like supporting Zedong's murder of millions Chinese people.

  7. Legend
    Poland
    AdelAdel's Avatar
    Gender
    Male
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    15,430
    Location
    Poland
    #27

    Re: Not enough moderation at the political section

    Quote Originally Posted by SpZ View Post
    We are getting off topic here again as always, but I am going to disagree. There is a big difference in saying a) I find that what Hitler did during WW2 (for example killing the jews) was in my opinion needed and therefor justified (not my real opinion) and b) I think we should kill all of the jews.
    And I think that even the statement b) And I am even semi-supporting allowing the option b style statements to be allowed.
    Killing people for the ideas Hitler believed in IS hate speech.

  8. Legend
    UK
    MyHeartIsYours's Avatar
    Gender
    Male
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    24,373
    Location
    Manchester
    #28

    Re: Not enough moderation at the political section

    Quote Originally Posted by SpZ View Post
    We are getting off topic here again as always, but I am going to disagree. There is a big difference in saying a) I find that what Hitler did during WW2 (for example killing the jews) was in my opinion needed and therefor justified (not my real opinion) and b) I think we should kill all of the jews.
    And I think that even the statement b) And I am even semi-supporting allowing the option b style statements to be allowed.
    Well it depends in which context comments are being made, but I think it is really pushing the boundaries to the very limits to say that the death of people for whatever reason is good.
    It just came to my mind before though, that whilst somebody has said that Mao Zedong is an inspirational leader (I disagree with that but have no problem with somebody else seeing it differently), if somebody had put up that they found Hitler an inspirational leader then I wonder if that would be seen differently by people and if that would have been considered "hate speech". Just a thought .

    I have been very uncomfortable about things that have been written in the Politics section, I remember a few weeks ago comments about trans people. I would say they were bordering on hate speech, but I ignored it because I know what that section is like and I still choose to go in it, so I cant exactly moan lol.

  9. Admin Schmadmin
    United States
    Matt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    22,723
    Location
    Los Angeles, USA
    #29

    Re: Not enough moderation at the political section

    Quote Originally Posted by SpZ View Post
    Well the past 2 days have shown that for example even Matt has started to troll in that section so I do not find like everything would be ok. Neither I find that the rules for that subsection should be the same as for example the games section.
    The post in question that you are so outraged by was made by a person who is trolling the forum and the person knows that. I gave that person a fair chance to redeem himself. The leadership team is very well aware of that individual's actions and intent. Before making such accusations towards the leadership team, it may be a good idea to consider the fact that there are a lot of stuff available to us that are not available to you.

    None of the Mods is censoring anybody, I called out a person who is known to troll our forum in the past and registered under a different user name, I didn't delete or edit his opinion.

    Regarding the actual issue at hand: The political forum is constantly being moderated. Opinions are not edited or removed unless there are derogatory, offensive or inappropriate. There is always a level of subectivity as something may not be offended by certain posts while others are. So the Moderators have to make the best decision with the information at hand so it's unavoidable to give them some room for interpretation.

    The obvious issue is the off topic issue. One example is the "Political Figures" convo where it turned into a discussion about different style of government & economic systems. That is something we work on constantly but we can't be on the forum 24/7 and it's up to community to take charge by either staying on topic or click on the "report" icon next to a post so we can review it as quickly as possible.


  10. Junkie
    Turkey
    Archer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,688
    Location
    Izmir
    #30

    Re: Not enough moderation at the political section

    Quote Originally Posted by AdelAdel View Post
    So why is swearing and insulting people forbidden? Following your logic, isn't this freedom of speech?
    Exactly.

    You are either a troll or a loony
    but it seems that you're brainwashed
    And only a person who's out of their mind
    why do some people believe in Archer's provocations.
    Archer should have tried living in all those communist countries before talking gibberish.
    don't give credit to gibberish you've been talking here.
    how can people be so ignorant when it comes to stuff like this
    Btw, I'm the one who got the infraction, let me tell why I did cause I've nothing to hide, I called something '' amateur '' and it was considered to be an '' inappropriate language ''. Ok, I respect this, but I just want to ask if the posts I quoted above are within the limits of the appropriate language.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Copyright 2009-2018 escunited.com. All rights reserved. Designed by Trece All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:43.