Thread: Question about storing messages

1. Legend
    Poland

Question about storing messages

There are 50 messages allowed for the regular account. What happens when you have a full folder and don't empty it? Are you unable to receive new messages or does the oldest message get deleted automatically?

2. Admin Schmadmin
    United States

Re: Question about storing messages

Quote Originally Posted by AdelAdel View Post
    There are 50 messages allowed for the regular account. What happens when you have a full folder and don't empty it? Are you unable to receive new messages or does the oldest message get deleted automatically?
    You won't be able to receive or send messages until you make space, your messages won't get deleted automatically.

3. Legend
    Poland

Thanks for the info.

4. Wizard
    Estonia

In my opinion the fact that you are unable to receive any messages while your limit is full, is bad. Can't we either have a) some sort of system that some forums have where if your message box is full, people can still send you new messages, but they will go to some place on hold so that you are unable to read them before you clean up your message box or b) some kind of system where let's say sending out messages would be prohibited after you have 45 message, but receiving them would be only closed at let's say 55. (as it encourages people to delete messages to be able to send them out, but still allows some incoming messages for a longer time)

5. Legend
    Belgium

^^

well if i'm not right, you always get a message in your mailbox (eg hotmail; yahoo,...) when your inbox is full

6. Admin Schmadmin
    United States

Quote Originally Posted by SpZ View Post
    In my opinion the fact that you are unable to receive any messages while your limit is full, is bad. Can't we either have a) some sort of system that some forums have where if your message box is full, people can still send you new messages, but they will go to some place on hold so that you are unable to read them before you clean up your message box or b) some kind of system where let's say sending out messages would be prohibited after you have 45 message, but receiving them would be only closed at let's say 55. (as it encourages people to delete messages to be able to send them out, but still allows some incoming messages for a longer time)

Neither of those two suggestions can be done as far as I know after doing some research unfortunately. But going forward every members who are reaching 95% of storage will receive an automatic PM by the system so at least they're aware and can take actions accordingly. Sorry, that's the best I can do.

7. Legend
    Hungary

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Neither of those two suggestions can be done as far as I know after doing some research unfortunately. But going forward every members who are reaching 95% of storage will receive an automatic PM by the system so at least they're aware and can take actions accordingly. Sorry, that's the best I can do.
    Which would make an additional PM more in the inbox.
    DISHONORED MAN. I, after my child's birth, am a person in this country that's trying to live like a 100% queen.

8. Admin Schmadmin
    United States

Quote Originally Posted by strajker View Post
    Which would make an additional PM more in the inbox.
    But at least you'll know that you're close to your max. Otherwise you'll just hit without realizing it and nobody can send you PMs in the interim.

9. Guru
    Turkey

Is an auto-deletion system possible?