2. Legend
    Sweden

Re: Spotify

crap

3. Legend
    Sweden

Skipify

If you have a "free" Spotify subscription (with advertisements that is), there's Chrome/Firefox addin/extension that can seamlessly skip the ads - Skipify. It is an open-source browser extension written in javascript so you need to run the webplayer version of Spotify http://play.spotify.com. The author says repeatedly the extension is broken: das ist kapoet ja.

Well ... no, it works perfect for me in Chrome (Windows 2012 R2). Haven't tested mobile or Firefox.

I think the addon doesn't change the revenue for the artists or the payments to Spotify, it just skip the inserted ads in the Spotify playlist.

4. Legend
    Sweden

^^ Update

Google inactivates all Chrome extensions that are not going through Chrome web store.

Superuser solution: Re-enable extensions not coming from Chrome Web Store on Chrome v35+ (with enhanced security)

Developer mode route

1. Download the crx file and unpack the extension using your favorite decompresser. Take note of the directory where you placed it.
    2. Open the extension page, activate "Developer Mode"
    3. Click "Load unpacked extension..."
    4. Search trough your directory tree for the directory where you unpacked your extension and click OK. If your extension is called "my extension" then select "my extension" directory.

Advantages: You don't have to install anything else. Disadvantages: Chrome nags you to disable the extension each start up.
    Worked for me in chrome. Just download the source files from Skipify Github and browse to it via developer mode on Chrome extension page.

5. Legend
    Sweden

^^ Update 2

Well, I stopped using Chrome Adblock plus since its IE version is so amateurish and bad (I'm frequently using both browsers). A single global AdFender is now replacing everything and is way better. An unfortunate and surprising side effect is that Skipify stopped working in Chrome. The way Skipify is designed sending all ads to a fake container and NOT blocking them is perfect IMO. I guess there's no way to check if the ads actually have been played or not. Anyway. I'll try hard to find a solution, but it's a pity there's no active work done on Skipify.

edit:
    I get the same results in both Firefox and Chrome - that is, no ads but the rather inoffensive Spotify upgrade offer (~5 s voice) regularly. I guess I can live with that. No idea if it is AdFender or Skipify which is removing the ads though.

edit2:
    Well, I can confirm re-enable Adblock plus in Chrome makes Skipify work again. So it's not some lucky moment or temporary glitch, the addin work if you have Adblock plus active.

6. Legend
    Sweden

I thought I could update this with some more experience of Spotify. When I quit my premium Spotify account, I've been exploring methods to avoid the ads in the free Spotify version. Skipify was terrific and also non-intrusive as it didn't block the ads, just jumped over them in the playlist, thus allowing Spotify to earn money. This will of course only work in the Spotify web-app and not in the desktop app. As far as I know there's no way to avoid ads in the desktop app. Now when I made a fresh install of Windows, I discovered that the Spotify web-app works without ads with just Adblock plus in Google Chrome. This is new as far as I know and pretty awesome (for how long it lasts). I had plans of making a kind of Spotify player as a Windows Universal app around the Skipify javascript, but now I don't have to.

7. Veteran
    Germany

Since the year is almost over Spotify created a wrap-up of your personal music highlights of t2017

check out the link: https://2017wrapped.com/

These are my statistics:

I dont trust it though... how is Occidentalis Karma in my Top 5 when it's 48th in my last.fm ranking and I mostly scrobble via Spotfiy

"Random Haiku Generator" on the first place is correct, though.

"Vegir liggja till allra átta" shouldnt be there either. Instead of that there should be Low Roar's "Gosia"

Favorite genre "Icelandic POP" made me laugh.. the other genres in my top 5 were Chamber Pop, Compositional Ambient ( ), Dream Pop ( ) and Post-Rock ( )

The Top 5 artists look absolutely accurate. It's more or less the same every year. I am very boring
    Likes  RainyWoods, DaFlo, daniels1000 liked this post

8. Tease-a-Louise
    UK

@whiteshoes, gosh I don't trust this thing either. It made me take a test and tried to make me look dumb. It asked me what my most played song of 2017 was which is by quite a gap Sorority Noise's "No Halo" (368 plays all from Spotify baaaby!) and then it tells me i'm wrong and that it's Phantogram's Fall In Love which is actually 13th on my lastfm page with 149 plays. And my favourite genre is apparently Modern Rock when Garage Rock was an option.... please. It got my soul age wrong as well which everyone knows is 87 years old. It tried to tell me that my age is 27, and yeah, there were 27 candles on my last birthday cake BUT THE CAKE WAS A LIE. And how Ariel Pink even got on there I don't even know, as I listen to all his music through itunes as I own all his cds.

I do though admit that the picture in the spoiler below accidentally turned me on..

Likes  DaFlo liked this post

Thx for the share Flo, but lel @spotify

Genre is wrong. I scrobble like 60/40 on Spotify/my phone, so lemme compare the lists with last.fm:

Artists: M.I.A. (2nd), Jhené (3rd), Karol G (5th), WWE (8th), Triana Park (19th).
    Songs: Sky's The Limit (2nd), Mi Gente (13th), Line (14th), Bed Peace (33rd), Papercuts (45th) lel

Spotify completely missed my Ukranian icons Время и стекло who are 4th place in last.fm and have two songs in the top 5 songs.
    Otherwise missing from top 5: Tinashe (1st with a huuuuge gap xd) + songs Despacito & Ahora Lloras Tú.

They got my age right tho. And Jhené won 2017 for me personally so the pic fits as well. Can't wait to see her live

@Ringdalen I wanna know if your minutes of music is over 100.000?
    Likes  Ringdalen, RainyWoods liked this post

I’m someone’s shot of whiskey, not everyone’s tea
    Cause I’m free and I’m a freak, all the people I love I try to keep

10. Legend
    United States

Quote Originally Posted by DaFlo View Post
    Spotify completely missed my Ukranian icons Время и стекло who are 4th place in last.fm and have two songs in the top 5 songs.
    Otherwise missing from top 5: Tinashe (1st with a huuuuge gap xd) + songs Despacito & Ahora Lloras Tú.
    I did one of these (my parents and I share an account, and they use Spotify more frequently, so I won't share b/c no one here cares about their tastes), and it taught me that the listed songs might be your #1 + then a sample of your top 100. The same could go for the artists, hence the lack of Время и стекло on your chart.
    12 10 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1

I don't get it. Is this supposed to be a joke comment? Or your way of trying trolling and bitch around in the thread? Either way you better step up in that game OR better yet (really), just be yourself and speak honestly about your true heart's desire regarding the topic at hand.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast