Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Spotify

1. Legend
    Sweden

Re: Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by r3gg13 View Post
    I really like Spotify, I've been using it for a little more than a year now. Their catalog has been growing. What I don't like is that some of the songs that I want to listen to are not available in my country like some of the Swedish and Dutch artists that I like listening to (probably because I'm a free user). Surprisingly, they do have a very decent Ex-Yugoslav catalog that Spotify allows me to listen to.
    American accounts seems to be limited (I have no proof though). Have you tried to create a British account? If you do, I guess Spotify will assume you're on holiday in the US and you will have 2 weeks to use it unless upgrading. It would be interesting to see what restrictions you have as British vs American.

I'm using spotify behind a UK proxy and I can say it's G R E A T! But I has shi*ty tags for last.fm.

3. Legend
    Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by VasilijeM View Post
    I'm using spotify behind a UK proxy and I can say it's G R E A T! But I has shi*ty tags for last.fm.
    You do? Great! Your account is British then, right? What happens if you leave the proxy and run from Macedonia (is it)?
    Is Epica - Design Your Universe (2009 album) available for you?

Quote Originally Posted by LalehForWD View Post
    You do? Great! Your account is British then, right? What happens if you leave the proxy and run from Macedonia (is it)?
    Is Epica - Design Your Universe (2009 album) available for you?
    I can still use it without proxy 'coz I started to use it about one week ago. And yes that album is available for me.

5. Legend
    Sweden

Anyone tested Rdio?
    Rdio availability (countries).

I find the Collection feature good and it's missing in Spotify. Otherwise I find the services very alike with slight perference for Spotify.

Epica - Design Your Universe (2009 album) is missing in both services for me.
    Some Loreen - Euphoria remixes are unavailable in Sweden in Rdio (!!).

6. Legend
    Sweden

Anathema's albums is missing from Spotify in Sweden.

7. Legend
    Sweden

Grooveshark is easy to use without paying. It seems to be less serious though. All albums missing due to license issues on my Spotify account is present here. It makes me somewhat reluctant to support it since services like Spotify and Rdio are trying so hard to be legitimate. It's good when you need a public demo music link.

8. Legend
    Sweden

I've really become a devoted Spotify user since spring. However, it seems there's increased pressure on the service from what I assume are the big record companies, to remove tracks without a proper release. Random songs disappear suddenly. Both Apple and Microsoft are planning to release similar services and could via contracts with the big record companies shut the smaller services out (Spotify, Rdio etc). Meanwhile the metal music continue to distribute itself in various other ways. Still, Spotify is a really great thing!

edit:
    Maybe it doesn't matter with the lack of much of the metal music scene, since this music often need full dynamics (lossless) to reach full potential. Many even goes to the extreme and require analogue sound on vinyl. In this perspective it is pity that the Spotify player is missing the ability to play local FLAC files.

9. Legend
    Sweden

Haha, after all harsh words and internet hating, reality catches up.
    Metallica releases their entire album catalogue on Spotify.
    Likes  EmperorG liked this post

10. Legend
    Sweden

Being used to listen to Tarja in FLAC, Traja on Spotify really sucks. Don't know why though, Ogg Vorbis may not be suitable for music with big dynamic differences?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast