Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Spotify

1. Expert
    Belgium

Re: Spotify

Do you still have country restrictions with the premium version?

Cause sometimes I can't listen to songs, cause they weren't released or are not available in my country :s.

Membre de FURY
    Tous unis pour le FURY!

2. Ninja
    Great Britain

I'm not too sure about country restrictions. I've downloaded most of this years ESC songs...?!
    Top 10 (2016) to be decided soon...

3. Legend
    Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by bashers View Post
    I'm not too sure about country restrictions. I've downloaded most of this years ESC songs...?!
    You're right, seems pretty complete now. If I remember right, there was a period when, for example, Tarja and Epica disappeared and could not be found anywhere on Spotify.

edit:
    Aah, I misunderstood (didn't read carefully). You're talking about:
    Some important changes to the Spotify music catalogue

Still, I think the real problem was the retreat of small independent record companies, at least in Sweden. The problems seems to have been solved now.

edit2:
    Century Media Records artists confirmed not at Spotify.

4. Legend
    Sweden

I got a news letter from Dimest which is a new service for music. There were rumours that Dimest would start a Spotify competing streaming service. The difference to for example Spotify and iTunes being that the artists are signed directly, not through the record companies. You would get a mix of amateurs, new artists and Mega Super Stars.

The site started in March with the only content to allow upload of your personal material. New for April/May is the browsing feature, allowing you to browse content of others. Nothing is mentioned about any streaming though.

5. Legend
    Sweden

Interesting calculations on money and artists including spotify:
    Information Is Beautiful - HOW MUCH DO MUSIC ARTISTS EARN ONLINE?

4000000 plays/month on Spotify to get minimum wages payment . That could drastically be improved if artists could sign directly to Spotify.

edit:
    Still, many artists express strong support for Spotify.

6. Legend
    Sweden

Random albums from Nuclear Blast are missing (not relesead) in Sweden on Spotify.
    Most notably Design Your Universe by Epica.

7. Legend
    Sweden

Spotify Premium and Spotify Unlimited can be used anywhere in the world, Spotify Free only for 2 weeks.

If I get this right (Spotify doesn't say this straight out) but apparently availability depends in which country your account is registered. An American would probably benefit of a British account, an Estonian a Finnish account and so on. There is also a European account.

So, from Estonia you can thus order a Finnish account through a Finnish proxy server and then upgrade to premium.

8. Active Member
    Sweden

I bought a Spotify Premium subscription, and I don't regret it at all!

9. Legend
    Sweden

I realized in April I was using Spotify much more and in different ways than before (Eurovision influence haha ). The ads were beginning to seriously annoying me. Therefore I signed for a Premium account. You pay in advance, so I got 1 month for free and have now paid 99kr for each June and July via paypal. Perfect service, I can't go back now.

I have an excellent FLAC based music library on my local net. I haven't looked at it for 2 months! Scary!

10. Legend
    United States

I really like Spotify, I've been using it for a little more than a year now. Their catalog has been growing. What I don't like is that some of the songs that I want to listen to are not available in my country like some of the Swedish and Dutch artists that I like listening to (probably because I'm a free user). Surprisingly, they do have a very decent Ex-Yugoslav catalog that Spotify allows me to listen to.

Membre fier de FURY > Tous unis pour le FURY

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast