View Poll Results: How do you rate the entry?

Voters
340. You may not vote on this poll

82 24.12%

13 3.82%

19 5.59%

10 2.94%

20 5.88%

14 4.12%

14 4.12%

12 3.53%

11 3.24%

23 6.76%

122 35.88%
Page 2 of 101 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: AUSTRIA 2012 - Trackshittaz - Woki mit deim Popo

1. Veteran
    Slovenia

Re: AUSTRIA 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Austria View Post
    No Trackshittaz please.
    I agree!

2. Banned
    Europe

I want Austria to put some really great show. Not screaming for 3 minutes like they did this year. I want something really spectacular from them. C`mon, I know you can do it

3. Veteran
    Belgium

Quote Originally Posted by Kryptonite View Post
    I agree!
    me too !!

4. Ninja
    Austria

Trackshittaz would be abysmal. They lack (traditional) musical talent needed at the Eurovision and weirdly the charm of a, say, Alf Poier.

5. Mentor
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by elvisontheisland View Post
    Trackshittaz would be abysmal. They lack (traditional) musical talent needed at the Eurovision and weirdly the charm of a, say, Alf Poier.
    I think they are both hugely charismatic performers. I assume, by a lack of "traditional" talent, you mean that they are a rap act. I see no inherent reason why rap can't work at Eurovision. This year, people on this forum were saying that jazz doesn't work at Eurovision. Before 2006, I thought rock music didn't work at Eurovision. Both plainly can and will. Eurovision isn't just a competition for mainstream dancy pop and power ballads.

Quent, you're not allowed to vote twice.

6. Expert
    Croatia

You missed a great opportunity to send Eva K. Anderson this year and probably could finished in top 10 or even win. I still listen to "I will be here". It's amazing song. Send something similar next year
    ONE OF CHARLIE'S ANGELS
    "I’ll kill you with my heels"

7. Mentor
    Austria

9 esc songs in the austrian charts

(--) 03 Jedward - Lipstick
    (--) 08 Blue - I Can
    (28)09 Nadine Beiler - The Secret Is Love
    (--) 18 Lena - Taken By A Stranger
    (--) 22 Ell & Nikki - Running Scared
    (--) 29 Eric Saade Popular
    (--) 40 Raphael Gualazzi - Madness Of Love
    (--) 47 Kati Wolf - What About My Dreams
    (--) 64 Paradise Oscar - Dam Dam Dam

http://charts.orf.at/oe3/single/2011/woche20/main

8. Legend
    Portugal

Austria came back strong it seems that everybody in Austria really lovd the show

9. Ninja
    Austria

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey View Post
    I think they are both hugely charismatic performers. I assume, by a lack of "traditional" talent, you mean that they are a rap act. I see no inherent reason why rap can't work at Eurovision. This year, people on this forum were saying that jazz doesn't work at Eurovision. Before 2006, I thought rock music didn't work at Eurovision. Both plainly can and will. Eurovision isn't just a competition for mainstream dancy pop and power ballads.
    Yes and no. Of course they have a fun stage presence, their riding on bobby-tractors at the NF was entertaining, but I think in a pan-european environment, they would go down like a lead balloon. Their singing, or rapping rather, in the deepest of dialects, which even I as a native Austrian don't understand for the most part, and their provincial appearance would, in my opinion, do Austria no good at the ESC. Why not send a fun rock band, with good vocalists and a catchy tune? There seem to be enough of those around here...

Edit: just to clarify, I do not want to offend anyone, Trackshittaz have had plenty of success here in Austria and might as well elsewhere. I'd call myself 'provincial' as well so I ask you not to take this as an insult in any way.

10. Mentor
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by elvisontheisland View Post
    Yes and no. Of course they have a fun stage presence, their riding on bobby-tractors at the NF was entertaining, but I think in a pan-european environment, they would go down like a lead balloon. Their singing, or rapping rather, in the deepest of dialects, which even I as a native Austrian don't understand for the most part, and their provincial appearance would, in my opinion, do Austria no good at the ESC. Why not send a fun rock band, with good vocalists and a catchy tune? There seem to be enough of those around here...

Edit: just to clarify, I do not want to offend anyone, Trackshittaz have had plenty of success here in Austria and might as well elsewhere. I'd call myself 'provincial' as well so I ask you not to take this as an insult in any way.
    I don't understand German to begin with, so wouldn't have been able to tell if they were using an impenetrable dialect anyway (at least until I attempted to get a Babelfish translation of their lyrics).

I'm not referring to their tractors when I call them charismatic. I'm more interested in their facial expressions and command of the stage. If anything, Lukas Plochl was more engaging when he performed Oida Taunz on Helden Von Morgen without the added props.

This is all academic anyway, as I'd be surprised to see them back on ESC. I'm sure, having come second on both Helden Von Morgen and the ESC national final, they're sick of losing to dull power ballads. I'll have to hold out hope for "a fun rock band, with good vocalists and a catchy tune". If I see one, I might support it.

Page 2 of 101 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast