View Poll Results: How do you rate the entry?

Voters
368. You may not vote on this poll

119 32.34%

34 9.24%

36 9.78%

22 5.98%

38 10.33%

18 4.89%

15 4.08%

19 5.16%

12 3.26%

14 3.80%

41 11.14%
Page 3 of 135 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: THE NETHERLANDS 2012 - Joan Franka - You and Me

1. Addict
    Netherlands

Re: THE NETHERLANDS 2012

Quote Originally Posted by seb89 View Post
    But you have great singers, I hope the Tros will look at that and not only the artist from their Piratenfestijn & their festivals 'op de marktpleinen' . Good shows, but not really something for Eurovision .
    They won't. The Tros confirmed that they will go on the same way as the last two years. This means that we will probably send Thomas Berge, Zanger Rinus or another act like that, next year. And we have nothing to say about it.
    Now Europe thinks that Dutch people have a bad taste or that we don't have good artists. While we HAVE very good singers and a lot of people who know how to give a spectacular performance, but we are just not able to send them! And a lot of our big stars won't attend the contest, because the contest has a very bad name here and good artists will probably see it as a failure for their career... Only B and C artists want to be there...

I'm not against the fact that they want something that sounds Dutch, but the problem with Dutch music is that it is typical Dutch; people from Eastern Europe for example, will not understand it. The Tros wants something that resembles the Tros, while it has to resemble Europe. In music business, The Netherlands is well known for it's dj's and symphonic metal bands. Why not send something like that? It's not about what is popular here, but what is popular in the rest of Europe, and music-styles like this are modern, well-known in the rest of Europe and it's typical for the Dutch music industry.

It's just too bad that the Tros has all the rights for the National Song Contest and that they will keep going on with sending songs THEY like and not what the rest of the country likes... I bet we will be last again next year

2. Mentor
    Europe

Within Temptation is willing to write a song for the Netherlands! That would be awesome actually.
    Can I get an A-women up in this beeyotch?

3. Elize

Pity that Within Temptation wont sing by theirself. I think when a good song of them wont qualify we can stop with it.

4. Mentor
    Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Elize View Post
    Pity that Within Temptation wont sing by theirself. I think when a good song of them wont qualify we can stop with it.
    Why not, Elize? A good song from Within Temptation + a vocally talented kid from X-factor + few talented dancers from So You Think You Can Dance + a good Choreographer = amazing spot in the final.

Netherlands has all the suplies that is needed to deliver an amazing show, but the only problem is that it is not willing to do so because of lack of interest.
    Can I get an A-women up in this beeyotch?

5. Elize

I hope the TROS will accept this unique chance to let Within Temptation write a song, and dont ignore it and come up with Gerard Joling :')

6. Elize

I like her voice so much.

A song like this can go for top5 i think, but its an illusion (so far) ...

7. Addict
    Netherlands

I have read somewhere that the Tros wants to learn from this year's failure and that they would be able to step out their own comfort zone. That's really good news, as I was expecting they wouldn't listen to the public.

Now Within Temptation don't want to participate for The Netherlands, we could also send another symphonic metalband. There are a lot of them in The Netherlands, although WT is the only one who is very famous. Delain would be my favourite; I guess if they come up with a song like 'April Rain', that we have a good chance to get through. Maybe WT could write the song!!

I think this can make a very good chance. What do you guys think?

8. Addict
    Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Elize View Post

I like her voice so much.

A song like this can go for top5 i think, but its an illusion (so far) ...
    That's indeed a very good song. I have seen them live once; it was amazing. They really know how to put on a good show. Do you know Our Solemn Hour? That would have been a great entry as well. I go crazy from energy everytime I hear 'Sanctus Espiritus'

9. Newbie
    Netherlands

Oh my, my first post on this forum, after lurking on here for quite some time Hi, everyone!

I think the problem with the Netherlands is that we have been playing it too safe (like the 3Js, I loved them but the song was too 'safe' and not special enough to stand out), and when they do decide to do something 'odd', we completely miss the point of the contest being European and not Dutch-only (Sieneke, Toppers). We need to stop focussing only on getting good vocals and focus on the song more; if the song is crap, it doesn't matter who sings it, it won't qualify. Like Edsilia and Glennis; amazing voices, but be honest, the songs weren't exactly great.

If we're talking good Dutch artists, the first ones that come to mind are Ilse DeLange, Alain Clark, Waylon, Marco Borsato, Blof, and maybe Nick & Simon, like some have already suggested. Maybe Jacqueline Govaert or Kane, or Anouk (though I believe she is very anti-ESC).. Some old contestants even, perhaps? Glennis Grace coupled with a /good/ song could definitely make it, same goes for Edsilia.
    As for Within Temptation, they're good, but I don't think much of Europe will appreciate their style of music.. Also, them being known already won't neccessarily help them - you saw what happened to Blue, for example. Delain would be great, even better if WT does write the song, yes!
    And this could just be me, but what about Boris (from Idols 2004)? That guy had an amazing voice and he still does his thing, be it mostly in the background, but still.. I think that he could do well, if coupled with a good song.

Another suggestion that has been made a lot and which I completely agree with: bring back the national finals already. Let's see if the public indeed knows better what Europe likes than the TROS does, as their picks have made for our dreadful Eurovision record of the past decade. And not only allow 'famous' artists to participate, but give amateurs a chance as well, because you never know what kind of brilliant ideas they might bring with them.. throwing in an x-factor/idols/voice of holland/popstars candidate might work as well, since at least most of them know how to sing, then the only problem left would be the song.

..and if all else fails we could always just send the Vengaboys or any of the likes :') haha.

10. Veteran
    Turkey

Quote Originally Posted by PashonFrut View Post
    Within Temptation is willing to write a song for the Netherlands! That would be awesome actually.
    What?! Is it official? Aaaaaaa.............