View Poll Results: How do you rate the entry?

Voters
359. You may not vote on this poll
  • 12 pts

93 25.91%
  • 10 pts

37 10.31%
  • 08 pts

35 9.75%
  • 07 pts

48 13.37%
  • 06 pts

35 9.75%
  • 05 pts

30 8.36%
  • 04 pts

16 4.46%
  • 03 pts

15 4.18%
  • 02 pts

9 2.51%
  • 01 pts

9 2.51%
  • 00 pts

32 8.91%
Page 5 of 79 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: DENMARK 2012 - Soluna Samay - Should've Known Better

1. Veteran
    Sweden

Re: DENMARK 2012

^
    I know Medina would probably never enter, that was just wishful thinking.

Listening to Danish radio and clubbing in Denmark time to time I can assure that the songs you get in their MGP have almost zero impact outside of that selection. I always say that MF is not representative of Swedish contemporary music, as for MGP in Denmark it's even less representative.

2. Veteran
    Morocco

The Danish selection show for the Eurovision Song Contest has won the award for the TV event of the year 2011. Dansk Melodi Grand Prix (DMGP) has been the name of the selection program for Denmark since 1957, with the exception of the years between 1967 and 1977, 1994, 1998 and 2003 when Denmark did not participate.
    The TV Awards are decided by judges from within the Television industry itself in connection to the annual TV Festival conference held in Copenhagen last week. The ceremony took place in the Tivoli Congress Hall, near the venue of the 1964 Eurovision Song Contest. The jury declared in their motivation:

Dansk Melodi Grand Prix is a national event, that is expected to please en entire nation and it delivers! It is huge and beautifully executed. There is everything we expect from a Eurovision selection show: a programme and dedicated hosts that take to the event in an honest and un-ironic way. 12 points from us!

DMGP 2011 took place in Copenhagen, and it was recently announced that the 2012 edition will be hosted in Alborg. The winners of DMGP 2011, A Friend in London, went to get 5th position in the Eurovision Song Contest, following the 4th place Denmark got in 2010.

esc87fan: *grabs Nicholas123 and washes his mouth out for stealing chocolate*

3. Banned
    Denmark

Anette Heick again?

4. Veteran
    Morocco

Danish national broadcaster is now seeking a new host for the 2012 Dansk Melodi Grand Prix as Felix Smith decided to quit DR and seek new job. Mr Smith is hosting the Danish national final for the past three years now and it seems that his new job at the Nordisk Film og TV is not going to allow him hosting this year’s event.

Regarding the issue Felix Smith said: “DR will always be something special for me and I hope I can return to the house one day”. DR’s Jan Lagermand Lundme commented: “Felix has been a fantastic host and had a great influence on the modernisation within entertainment we have tried at DR1. I will be missing him and his lovely appearance. One of Felix’ stregths is that he handles the media so relaxed. He is good at speaking to everyone, high as well as low and then he looks good on the screen”.

5. Veteran
    Morocco

Yesterday the deadline to submit songs for next year's Danish final expired. A total of 678 songs has been recieved by the Danish broadcaster. Six of these will join the four wildcards competing on the stage in Aalborg to get to represent the country at the 2012 Eurovision Song Contest.

In the beginning of January the Danish broadcaster, DR, will announce the line-up for the 2012 Dansk Melodi Grand Prix, that takes place in the north Jutland city Aalborg. Ten songs will battle it out and the winner will be trying to live up to Denmark's latest succes at the Eurovision Song Contest.

As usual 4 wildcards will be specially invited by DR while the remaining six will be chosen by an expert jury who will now go through the 678 submitted songs.

Chanée and N'evergreen's 4th place in 2010 with In A Moment Like This resulted in DR last year recieving 663 possible entries, which was 101 more than the previous year. With A Friend In London ending 5th with New Tomorrow the number of submitted entries has once again increased.

On Friday, the 30th of September, the ticket sale for the 2012 Dansk Melodi Grand Prix starts. Tickets can be bought via BilletNet.

6. Senior Member
    UK

I always find the Danish songs very middle of the road and typical eurovision-esque, which tends to bore me. I have not enjoyed a danish song since Rollo and King in 2001. Im not too familiar with Danish music but I love Alpahbeat, Im a huge fan, I cant wait for them to come back to the UK for a tour.

One of my fav songs

Plus they are all so cute, the girl and the boys

7. Veteran
    Sweden

^
    I agree with all you said about Danish ESC entries and Alphabeat!

Their latest album is one big Pop-orgasm

But chances seeing them in MGP is almost 0% and we will probably end up with just another in the middle of the road, tacky, cheesy and dated safe pop song in English... Zzzz (and offcourse the tasteless juries always love those so lucky Denmark I guess )

8. Wizard
    United States

^ And another top 10 placing, which I'm sure they're fine with.

9. Veteran
    Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by sannerz View Post
    ^ And another top 10 placing, which I'm sure they're fine with.
    I guess they are. If you don't have to fight for a top. 10 then why do it?

But ironically with all these Danish top. 10's, Eurovision/MGP is still not that popular there, because in the end of the day they still can't attract even somewhat big names to it.

10. Wizard
    Russian Federation

Will Denmark boycott ESC?

The president of the Danish Eurovision fanclub urges DR to boycott the contest because of human right issues.

Johann Sørensen, the president of MelodiGrandPrisFans.dk has released a press statement in which he askes Danish broadcaster DR to boycott this year's Eurovision Song Contest in Azerbaijan. This was a direct response to a documentary earlier this week, broadcast by BBC, in which it was shown how people were forced out of their houses in downtown Baku on the spot where the buildings for the upcoming Eurovision Song Contest are planned.

http://12points.tv/i-ooh-aah/item/33...rk-boycott-esc
    Vist OGAE Rest of the World website: http://nimbleinity.com/DHtM

Page 5 of 79 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast