Thread: Songs with three verses?

1. Junkie
    Sweden

Songs with three verses?

Because of the length requirements nowadays, most songs in ESC have only two verses. Have there been any notable songs with three verses in recent years?

2. Legend
    UK

Re: Songs with three verses?

Javine 'Touch My Fire' for the United Kingdom in 2005 had three verses but Im not sure whether she sang them all at Eurovision.

3. Mentor
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by Fluke View Post
    Because of the length requirements nowadays, most songs in ESC have only two verses. Have there been any notable songs with three verses in recent years?
    Nowadays? The three minute rule has been in force since 1958.
    Likes  randajad, Stiven liked this post

4. Admin Schmadmin
    United States

Finland 2010

5. Junkie
    Sweden

It strikes me now, "Woki mit deim Popo" has three verses, if that's what you can call them

Euro Neuro does too, though they're very short. There's actually plenty of songs that have three similar sections, but they don't follow the verse-chorus format. "Liubi Libui", Romania's multilingual entry from 2007 has 7, or 8 verses depending how you see it (the last one is a repeat) but they're just one short bit with no chorus, so it doesn't really count.

Otherwise the vast majority of ESC songs are actually verse-chorus-verse-chorus or verse-chorus-verse-chorus-bridge-chorus, it's really strikingly uncommon for anything else. "Kuula" this year is peculiar, having just a bridge and second chorus with no second verse, "Suus" is similar.
    You a furry too? Join facebook.com/groups/EuroFurs

6. Junkie
    Sweden

There's an unusual amount this year - San Marino, Romania, and one or even two more i don't remember since they aren't songs i liked enough to play again. But do you think it's a sudden trend, or just coincidence?
    You a furry too? Join facebook.com/groups/EuroFurs