Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 162223242526

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Re: What are you currently reading?

The second book that Mrs. Christie published back in 1922.

2. Senior Member
    United States

So I did start that Space Opera book that 's tagline is "The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy meets Eurovision"
    So for now the rule is if you place last in Metagalactic Grand Prix, your civilization is annihilated lol
    2018 top 15: Greece Czechia Germany Israel Denmark Italy Ukraine Cyprus Switzerland France Bulgaria Latvia Belgium Croatia Albania

3. Roman Empress
    Spain

Just finished reading Inferno. What an amazing book! There were some plot changes that I didn’t expect at all, and what’s truly fascinating is how a novel can analyse a historical writing with such depth and relate it to so many pieces of art and places.

Now, finally, I can start Origin. I was given this book as birthday present and I was really excited. I hope it’s not disappointing...
    L O V E R of
    birds, cats, music, books, colour pink, puzzles, sleeping, waking up late, chocolate, friendly and honest people, debates, silence
    H A T E R of
    spiders, alcohol, colour yellow and brown, ass kissers, Real Madrid, rude, false or arrogant people, the decisions I've taken in my life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEskKfsIedA

4. Roman Empress
    Spain

I've finished reading Glenn Cooper's trilogy of The Library of the Dead (made of 'The Library of the Dead', 'The Book of Souls' and 'The Keepers of The Library'). Quite interesting.
    L O V E R of
    birds, cats, music, books, colour pink, puzzles, sleeping, waking up late, chocolate, friendly and honest people, debates, silence
    H A T E R of
    spiders, alcohol, colour yellow and brown, ass kissers, Real Madrid, rude, false or arrogant people, the decisions I've taken in my life

5. Ninja
    Germany

Just finished reading Sandra Brown's Unspeakable. I've read many thrillers of her so far. To read this one, you need nerves of steel cause some scenes are quite brutal. On the other hand, the story of the relationship between the two characters (or rather three, included is a little boy) is touching.

6. Roman Empress
    Spain

I’m planning a travel to Pompeii, a place I’m dying to visit since a long time ago Although I know its history in general terms and also what buildings and objects have provided a lot of information about the daily life in Roman times, I wanted to know with more detail what happened there, what the bodies tell us about them, and what I will see when I visit the site, so I’m currently reading ‘Pompeii, the life of a Roman town’ by Mary Beard, and I’m taking a lot of interesting notes.
    L O V E R of
    H A T E R of

7. Ninja
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Ausesken View Post
    I’m planning a travel to Pompeii, a place I’m dying to visit since a long time ago Although I know its history in general terms and also what buildings and objects have provided a lot of information about the daily life in Roman times, I wanted to know with more detail what happened there, what the bodies tell us about them, and what I will see when I visit the site, so I’m currently reading ‘Pompeii, the life of a Roman town’ by Mary Beard, and I’m taking a lot of interesting notes.
    I actually visited Pompeii a few years ago, also Heraculaneum, its "twin city" that was also buried under the ashes in Italy. Pompeii was such a fascinating place to visit, sort of unreal, regarding ist tragedy. To see the bodies was a strange Thing as well. But I am really sure that you will enjoy being there! I love visiting locations of ancient history, in Italy, but also in Greece.
    Likes  Ausesken liked this post

8. Senior Member
    Italy

The President Is Missing is a political thriller novel by former US President Bill Clinton and James Patterson published in June 2018. It is Clinton's first novel. A television adaptation is being developed by Showtime.

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 162223242526