Page 1 of 179 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Football: domestic leagues

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Legend
    Spain

Football: domestic leagues

We have threads for UEFA Champions League, Europa League, Euro 2012,.. etc.... but we didn't have for domestic leagues, so here it is to comment all the matches

Liga BBVA - Spain

Barcelona 0-2 Hércules
    I couldn't believe.... I mean... Hércules just came to first league, hello?? and it could've been even worse. Well, I know Hércules made a great team for such a small team (they even brought Trezeget ), but anyway they defeated Barça in their own field. I hope this will mean Barça will not win the league again

Valencia 1-0 Racing
    No surprises here. Valencia is much stronger than Racing, but they had a difficult work and now they are co-leader. They seem to keep strong despite they lost their stars (Villa and Silva).

Real Madrid 1-0 Osasuna
    Once again Real Madrid didn't give a good image and I don't remember when they offered a good play. There are a huge rivalry between Real Madrid and Osasuna, but anyway Madrid is way bigger team and they should've won more than 1-0.

Athletic Bilbao 1-2 Atlético Madrid
    A pity I was working then and couldn't watch this live as this was the only free match... I love how both teams play and they are among the strongest teams in Spain right now if you ask me. Athletic couldn't do anything and it seems we won't see another Atlético's flop cause that would be a shame having Agüero and Forlán.

Today:
    17:00 Zaragoza - Málaga
    17:00 Getafe - Levante
    17:00 Sp. Gijón - Mallorca
    19:00 Villarreal - Español
    21:00 Sevilla - Deportivo

Monday:
    21:00 Almería - Real Sociedad
    1- Portugal, 2- France, 3- Israel,4- Bulgaria, 5- Italy
    #SouthPower#Lisbon2018

2. Wizard
    Denmark

Re: Football: domestic leagues

Yaay, great initiative, Pablo! I thought about opening up a similar thread but it was my impression that most people here only care about national football-teams.

By the way, I watched the match between Hercules and Barcelona yesterday evening. That was really an amazing effort by Hercules! Not the greatest way for Barcelona to warm up for their match against Panathinaikos in Champions League.

Since Michael Laudrup is currently in charge of Mallorca I really hope they can create some kind of good result. I wish him all the best. He has commented that Spain is his 2nd home-country so I hope he will have succes in Mallorca. Hopefully he will take over the job as coach for the Danish national team some day..

In Superligaen we had two matches saturday. FCK had to prove that they were in good shape before we're going to meet Rubin Kazan in Champions League this tuesday. OB on the other hand is going to meet Getafe in Europe League this wednesday so both teams had to prove themselves before the European matches:

FCK - Silkeborg 2-2
    Silkeborg is one of teams placed in the bottom half of the table so this was a match we had to win to give a proper impression before our important game against Rubin Kazan. Things didn't go that way and Silkeborg sensationally managed to win in Parken. Definitely not the best way to play a match either before an important match in Champions League ..I guess there aren't much more to say about this match other than pointing out that we're still comfortably leading the league.

OB - FC Nordsjælland 0-1
    Major disappointment by OB. OB has been predicted one of the favourite for a top-spot in the table but OB played like a team in 1.division (the 2nd best league in Denmark, red.), definitely not a team that is ready to meet Getafe next week.

Matches today:

14:00: Aab - AC Horsens
    16:00: Esbjerg FB - Lyngby BK
    18:00 Brøndby IF - Sønderjyske

Tomorrow:

19:00: FC Midtjylland - Randers FC

Full table (will be updated after sunday's matches):

3. Legend
    Spain

^
    Yes, as Real Madrid supporter I have a great respect and admiration on Michael Laudrup and he's so respected by almost every football supporter here. I'm not sure about what he can do in Mallorca, cause as far as I know they have deep economical problems there (they qualified for Europa League and were kicked out by UEFA because of their economics), so I think it will be so difficult to make more than an average season...
    #SouthPower#Lisbon2018

4. Wizard
    Denmark

Quote Originally Posted by ParadiseES View Post
    ^
    Yes, as Real Madrid supporter I have a great respect and admiration on Michael Laudrup and he's so respected by almost every football supporter here. I'm not sure about what he can do in Mallorca, cause as far as I know they have deep economical problems there (they qualified for Europa League and were kicked out by UEFA because of their economics), so I think it will be so difficult to make more than an average season...
    Yes, I doubt he's aiming at a top-position in La Liga right now but after his failed attempt in Lokomotiv Moscow I think this is the best way for him to built up a career as coach again. Russia just wasn't his thing. He's supposed to stay in one of the southern European leagues and the Spanish way of playing football suits him the best. Premier League wouldn't be his thing either. After he succeeded with Getafe a couple of seasons ago he will now start from scratch again with Mallorca. That is his first step and then maybe he can some day climb for a bigger team, in a distant future maybe even Barcelona or Real Madrid? He loves both clubs so...

5. Banned
    Europe

Spor Toto Super Lig

September 10:

Bursaspor 2 - 1 Eskişehirspor

September 11:

Konyaspor 1 - 1 Bucaspor
    Kayserispor 2 - 0 Fenerbahçe
    Beşiktaş 4 - 0 Ankaragücü
    Manisaspor 1 - 2 MP Antalyaspor

September 13: ( There is no any matches on Sunday cause of Referendum)

Trabzonspor - Sivasspor
    Kasımpaşa - Karabükspor
    Galatasaray - Gaziantep
    Genclerbirligi - Istanbul BB

6. Expert
    Croatia

OMG my Barcelona lost

Croatian league is not worth mentioning
    ONE OF CHARLIE'S ANGELS
    "I’ll kill you with my heels"

7. Legend
    Spain

Zaragoza 3-5 Málaga
    I was like wtf when just after 30 minutes we were losing 0-5 at home. This was too weird and the season will not be always like this, but.... heeeyy it was Málaga!! I wonder what will happen when Real Madrid or Barcelona will come here... That's what happens after the clubf f*cked their economics making a supposed team to CHampions League to end up in Second League, going on spending a lot with no reason at all and now when we need to spend money they decide to save.... Result: a joke team, not ambitious at all...

Getafe 4-1 Levante
    No surprises here cause Levante is probably the weakest team this year. They tried at first, but even Getafe, who is not a super team either, defeated them so easily.

Sp. Gijón 2-0 Mallorca
    Mallorca was never a good team away and this year doesn't have the same super team they had last year. ANd Sporting with a modest team another year deserved to win with no doubts.

Villarreal 4-0 Español
    I thought I was sure that Villarreal was going to leave their few gold times to be again a village team as they always were, but it seems I was wrong. They didn't play that good, but they just have a great team and don't wanna give up.

Sevilla 0-0 Deportivo
    I don't know what's happening with Sevilla, but things are not going well for them. They have one of the best teams, but for some reasons it's not working properly or at least not always. They did a good match and deserved to win against a weak Deportivo, but surprisingly were not able to score despite they tried a lot.

Ranking
    1- Atlético de Madrid 6
    2- Valencia 6
    3- Sevilla 4
    4- Real Madrid 4

5- Villarreal 3
    6- Getafe 3

7- Barcelona 3
    8- Hércules 3
    9- Real Sociedad 3 *
    10- Málaga 3
    11- Athletic Bilbao 3
    12- Español 3
    13- Sp. Gijón
    14- Deportivo 2
    15- Almería 1 *
    16- Osasuna 1
    17- Zaragoza 1

18- Mallorca 1
    19- Racing 0
    20- Levante 0

*One match less
    #SouthPower#Lisbon2018

I agree with Isabella, Serbian domestic league is not worth mentioning, too. I think there is no league actually...lol. There r Partizan and Red Star who r clubs, and others...I'm not sure if they're clubs or what, the whole domestic league is just a joke.

9. Veteran
    Romania

Here are the most important results this round:

Unirea Urziceni 1-0 Steaua Bucharest
    Probably the bigest surprise in our league this year. Unirea had an odd of 8 at betting. If you would've beted on Hercules and Unirea to win against FC Barcelona and Barcelona of the East (Steaua) you would've got a 96 odd and become a milionaire
    If Steaua lost against the weakest team in our league than Liverpool will give us 10-0 on Thursday

Rapid Bucharest 2-0 CFR 1907 Cluj
    Our champions are playing bad, bad, bad, bad....

FC Brasov 2-2 Dinamo Bucharest
    Well, Dinamo has the best attack and the worst defence in our league. They are a crazy team. They scored 23 goals and received 16 goals in 7 rounds.

Astra Ploiesti 1-1 FC Timisoara
    Petrovic turned Timisoara in the draw champions. They are the only undefeated team in our league but they only won twice in 7 rounds.

I love how our table looks now, after 7 rounds, because Bucharest is back on top

1. Dinamo Bucharest 14
    2. Rapid Bucharest 14
    3. Steaua Bucharest 14
    4. ,,U" Cluj 13
    5. Otelul Galati 13
    6. Gaz Metan Medias 11
    7. FC Timisoara 11
    8. FC Brasov 9
    9. Unirea Urziceni 9
    10. Gloria Bistrita 8
    11. SC Vaslui 8
    12. CFR 1907 Cluj 8
    13. Sportul Studentesc Bucharest 7
    14. FCM Targu Mures 7
    15. Universitatea Craiova 6
    16. Pandurii Targu Jiu 6
    17. Astra Ploiesti 5
    18. Victoria Branesti 5

10. Wizard
    Denmark

I think I'm already in love with this thread! So interesting to hear about the leagues in Europe from people's own point of view. I watch a lot of Spanish football and apart from Superligaen I'm also very engaged in Premier League and La Liga.

However I only know little about the Turkish and Romanian league so in that way this thread is going to contribute a lot.

And after today's match here are all of the results of round 8 in Superligaen:

FC København - Silkeborg IF 2-2
    OB - FC Nordsjælland 0-1
    Aab - AC Horsens 2-3
    Esbjerg FB - Lyngby BK 2-3
    Brøndby IF - Sønderjyske 3-1
    FC Midtjylland - Randers FC 1-1

All in all a week full of goals

I'm especially happy about tonight's match between FC Midtjylland and Randers FC. Fortunately they tied so nothing is changed for us in the top, we're still 4 points ahead FC Midtjylland.

By the way, Aab was in Champions League in 2008...they are now heading for 1.division together with Silkeborg..

And after 8 rounds here are the top-scorers so far:

Page 1 of 179 123451151101 ... LastLast