United States

Re: Football: domestic leagues

Some Wednesday night results in the KNVB Beker

Excelsior Maasluis (3) vs PSV 0-4
    HVV Te Werve (7) vs Ajax 0-7
    RKAV Volendam (5) vs Vitesse 1-2
    Katwijk (3) vs Heerenveen 0-1 AET
    Staphorst (5) vs PEC Zwolle 0-1

There was a great goal from Nick Tol from about 40 yrds out for RKAV Volendam. Staphorst looked unlucky from the highlights to not at least force extra time. Finally, Heerenveen despite putting out a full strength side needed 117 minutes before fnally going in front through a Sam Lammers goal at Tweede Divisie side Katwijk. Good showings last night for Katwijk, Staphorst and RKAV Volendam. Te Werve were not as bad I thought they would be. I know @DutchSuomiFan thought it would be double digits easily but the 7th tier side never conceded a bunch of goals in the space of a couple of minutes. They were decently spread out.

Meanwhile there were BIG upsets in the Belgian Cup last night

Deinze (3) vs Club Brugge 2-0
    Standard Liege vs Knokke (3) 1-2
    Genk vs Lommel (2) 4-0
    Virton (3) vs Gent 2-4
    Mechelen (2) vs Antwerp 3-1
    Cercle Brugge vs Beerschot Wilrijk 1-2
    Hoogstraten (4) vs KV Oostende 1-3

Club Brugge who are top of the table in the Jupiler League rotated heavily and it backfired spectacularly. Ivan Leko the coach said everyone played like individuals rather than a team. Standard Liege were also knocked out. As defending cup holders it was a real surprise especiialy when they equalised. The biggest shock happened on Tuesday when Waasland-Beveren lost to 4th tier side Mandel United 2-1 at home.
    Last year all 16 top flight teams advanced to the 1/8 finals. This year already 5 teams from the top flight are out with still Anderlecht vs Union-SG tonight.

2. Enthusiast
    Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by njdevils94 View Post
    Some Wednesday night results in the KNVB Beker

Excelsior Maasluis (3) vs PSV 0-4
    HVV Te Werve (7) vs Ajax 0-7
    RKAV Volendam (5) vs Vitesse 1-2
    Katwijk (3) vs Heerenveen 0-1 AET
    Staphorst (5) vs PEC Zwolle 0-1

There was a great goal from Nick Tol from about 40 yrds out for RKAV Volendam. Staphorst looked unlucky from the highlights to not at least force extra time. Finally, Heerenveen despite putting out a full strength side needed 117 minutes before fnally going in front through a Sam Lammers goal at Tweede Divisie side Katwijk. Good showings last night for Katwijk, Staphorst and RKAV Volendam. Te Werve were not as bad I thought they would be. I know @DutchSuomiFan thought it would be double digits easily but the 7th tier side never conceded a bunch of goals in the space of a couple of minutes. They were decently spread out.

Meanwhile there were BIG upsets in the Belgian Cup last night

Deinze (3) vs Club Brugge 2-0
    Standard Liege vs Knokke (3) 1-2
    Genk vs Lommel (2) 4-0
    Virton (3) vs Gent 2-4
    Mechelen (2) vs Antwerp 3-1
    Cercle Brugge vs Beerschot Wilrijk 1-2
    Hoogstraten (4) vs KV Oostende 1-3

Club Brugge who are top of the table in the Jupiler League rotated heavily and it backfired spectacularly. Ivan Leko the coach said everyone played like individuals rather than a team. Standard Liege were also knocked out. As defending cup holders it was a real surprise especiialy when they equalised. The biggest shock happened on Tuesday when Waasland-Beveren lost to 4th tier side Mandel United 2-1 at home.
    Last year all 16 top flight teams advanced to the 1/8 finals. This year already 5 teams from the top flight are out with still Anderlecht vs Union-SG tonight.
    Yes, they held on quite well. Ajax were obviously not playing with their best team, but still. So the first round is over now and, as always, so is Excelsior's 'run' in the cup. See you next year for just one round, KNVB Beker! I hope some of our fans will think about what they sing in a cup match next year. Mocking NEC fans while we were 2-0 up in the first half came back to haunt us on the pitch as well as off the pitch...

3. Veteran
    Romania

Romanian Cup, Last 32, Results:

FC Voluntari - FC Botosani 2 - 1

FK Csikszereda Miercurea Ciuc - Energeticianul Petrosani 2 - 1

Sportul Snagov - U Craiova 0 - 2

ASU Poli Timisoara - Sepsi OSK Sfantu Gheorghe 1 - 1, 3 - 5 A.P.

Dacia Unirea Braila - FC Dinamo Bucharest 1 - 3

UTA Arad - Poli Iasi 2 - 2, 3 - 3 A.E.T., 6 - 8 A.P.

Academica Clinceni - AFC Hermannstadt Sibiu 0 - 2

CSM Slatina - Dunarea Calarasi 0 - 2

Sporting Liesti - CS Mioveni 0 - 3

Progresul Spartac Bucharest - "U" Cluj 0 - 1

Concordia Chiajna - Viitorul Constanta 0 - 3

Chindia Targoviste - CFR Cluj 0 - 1

Luceafarul Oradea - Astra Giurgiu 1 - 5

Bucovina Radauti - Gaz Metan Medias 1 - 1, 8 - 9 A.P.

FC Rapid Bucharest - Turris Oltul Turnu Magurele 0 - 2

Unirea Alba Iulia - FCSB Bucharest 0 - 1
    Likes  njdevils94 liked this post

4. Ninja
    United States

Some Thursday night matches in the KNVB Beker

Groningen vs Twente Enschede (2) 0-2
    VV Gemert (5) vs Feyenoord 0-4
    Alcides (5) vs AZ Alkmaar 0-6

Groningen were absolutley terrible. Twente should of won by more to be honest. Meanwhile the Gemert keeper Bono Barten made I think 11 saves despite giving up 4 including a hat-trick to Dylan Vente.

Belgian Cup

Anderlecht vs Union SG (2) 0-3

Anderlecht out in embarassing fashion. Thats 3 of the quote on quote big 5 in Belgium all out in the fist round of the cup (Standard Liege, Club Brugge, and Anderlecht)

5. Enthusiast
    Netherlands

Some Thursday night matches in the KNVB Beker

Groningen vs Twente Enschede (2) 0-2
    VV Gemert (5) vs Feyenoord 0-4
    Alcides (5) vs AZ Alkmaar 0-6

Groningen were absolutley terrible. Twente should of won by more to be honest. Meanwhile the Gemert keeper Bono Barten made I think 11 saves despite giving up 4 including a hat-trick to Dylan Vente.

Belgian Cup

Anderlecht vs Union SG (2) 0-3

Anderlecht out in embarassing fashion. Thats 3 of the quote on quote big 5 in Belgium all out in the fist round of the cup (Standard Liege, Club Brugge, and Anderlecht)
    You forgot about FC Utrecht - MVV 2-0 and OFC - FC Emmen 1-3

FC Groningen fans were 'not very happy' and started rioting. So now they are out of the cup against their rivals who play one league lower, rioting, they've got a rather empty stadium (season ticket holders had free access yesterday), they're in last place in the league and their goalie was arrested this week. He got free the day after though.

Speaking of riots, MVV hooligans decided to attack a rather empty stand which usually has children on it. Silly, very, very silly.

6. Ninja
    United States

Quote Originally Posted by DutchSuomiFan View Post
    You forgot about FC Utrecht - MVV 2-0 and OFC - FC Emmen 1-3

FC Groningen fans were 'not very happy' and started rioting. So now they are out of the cup against their rivals who play one league lower, rioting, they've got a rather empty stadium (season ticket holders had free access yesterday), they're in last place in the league and their goalie was arrested this week. He got free the day after though.

Speaking of riots, MVV hooligans decided to attack a rather empty stand which usually has children on it. Silly, very, very silly.
    I didn't realize Groningen and Twente were rivals. I thought it was only Heerenveen and Cambuur that were Groningen's rivals being from Friesland. I wonder if Ron Jans will take over if Danny Buijs is sacked which seems inevitable at the moment

7. Enthusiast
    Netherlands

I didn't realize Groningen and Twente were rivals. I thought it was only Heerenveen and Cambuur that were Groningen's rivals being from Friesland. I wonder if Ron Jans will take over if Danny Buijs is sacked which seems inevitable at the moment
    Yes, they are rivals. Back in the 90s-00s their hooligans were able to cause serious trouble with each other. Groningen and Heerenveen are rivals with each other as well, but so are Heerenveen and Cambuur with each other. Well, Buijs has only been there from the start of this season, so I'm not so sure if they're going to sack him quite soon. But we all know how football works...

8. Enthusiast
    Netherlands

Veikkausliiga.

HJK are now officially the champion of Finland after their 2-1 away win against FC Ilves.. Congrats to them. It seems like RoPS are going to end up second. However, the fight for third place, the last Europa League spot, is still very exciting. FC Honka are currently ranked third with 48 points, #4 KuPS and #5 FC Ilves both have got 46 points with just 4 games to go. KuPS and FC Ilves still have to play against each other. PS Kimi could officially relegate this weekend. They have to beat FC Ilves. If they lose, then TPS must not win and IFK Mariehamn must not draw, otherwise they're out.

1 HJK Helsinki 29 68 21 5 3 55 19 36
    2 RoPS Rovaniemi 29 53 15 8 6 37 22 15
    3 FC Honka Espoo 29 48 12 12 5 45 32 13
    4 KuPS Kuopio 29 46 13 7 9 47 35 12
    5 Ilves Tampere 29 46 13 7 9 41 37 4
    6 VPS Vaasa 29 41 10 11 8 35 34 1
    7 FC Lahti 29 37 8 13 8 26 28 -2
    8 Inter Turku 29 35 9 8 12 32 39 -7
    9 Seinajoen JK 29 28 7 7 15 25 33 -8
    10 IFK Mariehamn 29 27 7 6 16 32 54 -22
    11 TPS Turku 29 26 6 8 15 30 45 -15
    12 PS Kemi 29 18 4 6 19 25 52 -27

9. Veteran
    Romania

Romanian Cup, Last 16, Fixtures:

FK Csikszereda Miercurea Ciuc - FC Dinamo Bucharest

Dunarea Calarasi - FCSB Bucharest

CS Mioveni - Sepsi OSK Sfantu Gheorghe

Turris Oltul Turnu Magurele - U Craiova

Gaz Metan Medias - CFR Cluj

"U" Cluj - Astra Giurgiu

Poli Iasi - Viitorul Constanta

AFC Hermannstadt Sibiu - FC Voluntari

10. Enthusiast
    Netherlands

Eredivisie/KNVB Beker draw.

Excelsior - VVV 1-0.

We actually scored, didn't mess up afterwards AND we won our first home game since April! This is just our second home win in this whole year. What a night. We started off quite well. Ómarsson scored his first goal for the club. It was a stunning goal, though we were very lucky that Seuntjens messed up a pass for VVV, which made our counter attack possible. Then after about 30 mins, things were starting to look much less good and VVV were playing much better. They even hit the post. But for once, luck was on our side. The ref certainly wasn't, though the red card for Messaoud was probably deserved. All in all this was a rather lucky win, but I'll take it any day of the week. Up next we've got PEC Zwolle away.

NAC - PSV 0-2.

Another win for PSV. They've now won 7 games out of 7!

Fortuna Sittard - Ajax 0-2.
    Heerenveen - ADO 1-1.

So yesterday was the draw for the second round of the KNVB Beker. Ajax Are playing at home against Go Ahead Eagles. PSV are playing at home against RKC. Should be quite an easy game for both top sides. Feyenoord have drawn ADO at home, as always. I noticed something strange during the draw. The draw was done by the Teijsse brothers who play for AFC (they beat Telstar 5-0). One of them was smiling right before AFC were drawn at home! It was like they knew that they were going to draw a home game. Bit strange if you ask me.