Page 129 of 179 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133139 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 1790

Thread: Football: domestic leagues

1. Mentor
    Portugal

Re: Football: domestic leagues

Whatever happened to @Milos-BC Serbian league prognostics? Or anyone else's for that matter. I'd like to see more prognostics and less results around here - since those we can check out anywhere.
    Likes  Milos-BC liked this post

2. Veteran
    Germany

I agree that prognostics are more interesting than just the results.
    I used to write long posts about Bundesliga every week but in the last months I lost my motivation. It takes a lot of time and it seemed to me that just a few people care. Moreover my favorite club struggled and I got more frustrated with every week.
    However, I think when we reach the more exciting phase of the season I will write more reports again!

3. Mentor
    Portugal

I would care for your Bundesliga prognostics if you started writing them down again. If anyone is interested in reading personal prognostics from the Portuguese First League or the Second even, I will write such down too.

4. Veteran
    Germany

Bundesliga match day 6
    SV Darmstadt 98 - Werder Bremen 2:1
    After another unnecessary and stupid loss against a promoted team we are on 13th place and some teams from the bottom like Stuttgart and Mönchengladbach have woken up. The next few weeks might become very unpleasant for us
    Meanwhile 12 match days are over and many things happened.
    I was right with my last sentence, the weeks after that loss became horrible... We lost 0:3 to Leverkusen on homeground and were completely chanceless and played like a 3rd division team. One week later our opponent was Hannover, which were on last place without a single win and we lost it as well. Hannover is an awful team (unfortunately they have a great keeper) but we managed to lose even this match.

After we reached this low-point our coach was critisized but luckily in Bremen the fans and the directors use to be very loyal and trustful to our coaches so he didn't have to worry a lot. Afterwards, he made a very good decision by changing out formation from our typical 4-1-2-1-2 formation to a 4-1-4-1 formation. i think the main reason for making this change was the injury of our second striker Johannsson. None of our bench strikers could play his role so it made sense to play with a one-striker-system. Thanks to the new formation we were more present in midfield, don't lose the ball that often and on the other hand our defense performance is more solid because our defensive midfielder gets more help from his team mates. Moreover he integrated a young attacking midfielder who grew up in our youth academy. He gave us more creativity and more ideas in attacking game.

Back to the storyline... The next opponent was Bayern München and it was obvious before that we would lose that match. Our new strategy worked fine cause we only lost 0:1 and we had even 2 chances to equalize in the second half. We were defending concentrated and passionate. However after this defeat we fell down into the relegation zone.

Against Mainz on match day 10 we FINALLY won again, scoring three goals short before the half time break. It was a big redemption after 5 losses in a row and our striker Ujah scored twice against his former club.

Next match was a German Cup match against Cologne. We are unbeaten in German cup home matches since 1987 and we could continue this streak. It was a big fight and a close match and Ujah scored the only goal. 1:0 win. Cologne is also one former club of him so maybe he got an extra-motivation when playing against the clubs he once played for

Last week we faced another Bundesliga giant Borussia Dortmund. They are pretty much on fire at the moment so we lost this match 1:3. At least we scored a superb teamplay goal which is very untypical for us since our playing style has been rather unattractive in the last few years

Today it was the match day 12 and we played against the last-placed team Augsburg which were however self-confident after their 4:1 win against Alkmaar in the Europe League. That's why I was pessimistic prior to the kick-off.
    We played very defensively and passive and tried to succeed by counter-attacks. The plan worked well today. Augsburg didn't find a way to overcome our defense and we scored two technically brilliant goals. Our 37-years old legendary striker Pizarro who returned to our club in this summer finally scored his first goal of the season. He still has an instinct for scoring goals, it doesnt matter how old he is

With this win we could climb up and leave the relegation area.

That's how the ranking looks like:

You see... if you like exciting title-races better dont watch the Bundesliga
    Bundesliga is like a three-tier-society.. Dortmund is already a category above the other Bundesliga clubs. However, Bayern is another category above Dortmund.. I think the ranking clearifies this pretty much. Dortmund won't be able to close the gap of 5 points to Bayern.. I guess the gap will grow again. Then again nobody will catch up Dortmund cause they are just too good

At least the relegation battle is always exciting here. My club often involved in that battle but in the last years we could save us early enough so that we didnt have to be nervous until last match day. I hope we can have a calm season again but so far it doesnt look like a nerve-protecting season Actually I see positive perspectives for us cause the way we play is alright and we can compete with nearly every time. However, After I write about positive perspectives we mostly fall into a big crisis that apparently never ends so I better shut my mouth
    I'm happy that our goal difference is still alright cause this can be a crucial factor at the send of the season. Usually it's already destroyed after 12 matches cause we lost 0:4 and 0:6 and stuff like this .. this time our goal difference looks like we are a normal Bundesliga team
    Likes  DaFlo, JamieBrown liked this post

5. Veteran
    Germany

Dortmund is pretty much amazing so far. All we can do is hoping they will close the gap to Bayern during the upcoming seasons, because then we would have the same situation like in Spain, which is the only improvement we can get imo. I doubt it though, because I predict, that Bayern will just buy the best players and talents from Dortmund (e.g. Julian Weigl) and that will lead into some struggles of replacing that one.

However. I'm captivated by my favourite team Cologne. It was outstanding until matchday 8, where we won 3-0 over Schalke ! Then the next matchday we played against Hannover and lost by an irregular goal, well such things happen, I was more disappointed that our team was pretty idealess against that defensive play of Hannover and that they have a such a strong GK. Moreover we didn't score any goal in the following matches, so we lost 0-4 against Bayern (no shame though), 0-1 against Bremen in the cup and played 0-0 against the second currently disappointing team Hoffenheim. Hannover and Hoffenheim got great luck with the points they received so far. For example the referees confused the sports at their matches against Cologne and so they were allowed to play Handball
    Finally we won again this matchday against Leverkusen. So we won all our derby's and made impressive performances against the big BuLi teams so far, apart from Bayern. And also we were in the 1st half of the table the whole season. I won't be mad if we won't reach any of the Top 9 spots, since I still believe that Bayern, Dortmund, Wolfsburg, Schalke, Gladbach and Leverkusen will form the Top 6 in the end, no matter all the struggles many of them have currently, and so there are only 3 more places in the first half

At the beginning of the season I predicted Hertha BSC, Hamburg and Darmstadt to get relegated and many thought that as well. It seems like Hertha won't get in struggles this season. Their new players Darida and Weiser brought the improvement they hoped for and their strike Kalou finally reached his usual class. Hamburg and Darmstadt played decent so far, even though they're not out of worries. However I doubt that Hamburg will get into deep struggles this year, which is pretty much a shame, since they shouldn't be in the 1st league (The referee of the relegation match should be one of the handball refs from Cologne's last home matches ) Darmstadt is still the underdog and it's not unlikely that they will receive less points in the secound round.
    About Hanover and Hoffenheim is enough said. I just hope at least one of them will get relegated.
    Stuttgart has an interesting idea of playing, even though their strikers are awful and their defense is as well, so they haven't any single advance of creating more chances, since their opponents usually know how to score. At least they made one of the best performances against Bayern in this season, since it doesn't help to play extra-defensive. You will lose either way, if Bayern really wants to win. I wonder if Stuttgarts coach will realize that he hasn't such strikers like Lewandowski or Aubameyang, even lower class strikers like Anthony Modeste (Cologne) or Yoshinori Muto (Mainz) would help, and will focus more on improving the defense. Otherwise the time will come that a former big team will have to go to the 2nd league.
    Bremen won't be great this year. Nonetheless there are worse teams to be in the relegation battle.
    Augsburg is just like all those countless small teams that once played a great season, qualified for the EL and then got into struggles. In the EL they learned how to score and prevent conceiving goals, maybe they will do in Bundesliga. If not, one relegation spot is already given.

6. Veteran
    Romania

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshoes View Post
    You see... if you like exciting title-races better dont watch the Bundesliga
    Bundesliga is like a three-tier-society.. Dortmund is already a category above the other Bundesliga clubs. However, Bayern is another category above Dortmund.. I think the ranking clearifies this pretty much. Dortmund won't be able to close the gap of 5 points to Bayern.. I guess the gap will grow again. Then again nobody will catch up Dortmund cause they are just too good
    I am keeping an eye on Bundesliga this year, for the European spots. I really hope Hertha will manage to get a UEFA Champions League spot, or at least UEFA Europa League

In , this season seems to be very exciting as we still don't have a strong enough team. Astra Giurgiu seems very stromg, but they have some financial isues as their owner is in jail. It will also be very interesting how the Play-Off will look like, as this teams are definetly in: Astra Giurgiu, Viitorul Constanta, Steaua Bucharest and Pandurii Targu Jiu. For the other 2 spots, it will be a batle betwen Dinamo Bucharest, ASA Targu Mures, CFR Cluj and CS Universitatea Craiova. Now, witn Steaua geting both their reserve teams in the Play-Off (Viitorul and Pandurii), it will mean a big + for them in the title race.

Also, we had a very excitig match betwen Steaua and FC Botosani. In the 28th minute, Steaua was leading 1 - 0, and imn the 30th minute, it was 3 - 2 for Steaua, after FC Botosani had 2 - 1

Results of the 17th round in Liga 1:

CSMS Iasi - Pandurii Targu Jiu 1 - 0

Viitorul Constanta - Astra Giurgiu 1 - 2

FC Voluntari - CFR Cluj 2 - 2

Poli Timisoara - Dinamo Bucharest 0 - 1

CS Universitatea Craiova - ASA Targu Mures 1 - 1

Steaua Bucharest - FC Botosani 5 - 3

Petrolul Ploiesti - Concordia Chiajna 1 - 1

Table:
    1. Astra Giurgiu 36
    2. Viitorul Constanta 32
    3. Steaua Bucharest 30
    4. Pandurii Targu Jiu 30
    5. Dinamo Bucharest 27
    6. ASA Targu Mures 26
    7. CS Universitatea Craiova 23
    8. CSMS Iasi 22
    9. CFR Cluj 21
    10. Poli Timisoara 15
    11. Concordia Chiajna 14
    12. FC Botosani 13
    13. FC Voluntari 10
    14. Petrolul Ploiesti 5

7. Mentor
    Portugal

What is going on with Otelul?

8. Veteran
    Romania

Quote Originally Posted by Edward View Post
    What is going on with Otelul?
    Just what happened with every small team that won the Romanian league title and went to the UEFA Champions League group stage. The owner got the money from UEFA and made the team bankrupt. Now Otelul Galati is second last in Liga 2

9. Mentor
    Portugal

That is a shame really. I hope they have or are able to get some new owner capable of injecting money in the team in the near future. It is sad that the level of corruption in football (and unfortunately not only. so quite likely sports simply mirror the values of those in power in society) in your country is still so high. I can only understand the team doing such a bad campaign if it is effectively bankrupt and in lack of decent players...maybe playing with youngsters lacking experience only? Or then just terrible signings. Not knowing profoundly the situation of football in Romania I assumed they would be getting promoted to the main league again in the matter of a season. Looking at Serie 1 I only recognize 3 or 4 teams that have been in the main league.

Is Liga 2 still professional? I assume that anything below that tier is not. So I really hope they can avoid relegation since then it could be many years still until we hear about the team again...at least in Portugal it is like that (can give examples of 3 teams: Leiria (where Mourinho started to have success) is gone and playing in lower league for some years now, Beira-Mar which won a Cup in the late 90s and participated in the UEFA Cup still in this century dont even have a playing squad for this season as far as I know and finally Boavista, very well respected team at the turn of the century who had several years of painful campaigns in lower leagues and only more than a decade after are back in the game and only because they were able to present financial guarantees that other teams could not - so not really earned their actual slot by playing merits. There are many examples of other dormant teams in my country because of people who served themselves rather than the team, but I will just have these mentioned since I think they are the most relevant).

Regarding Liga 2 still, I notice there are 2 series. Are both series right below Liga 1 or is Liga 2 just like those Italian C leagues who manage to confuse me all the time? (would not surprise me given the certain influence of Italy over Romania).

10. Veteran
    Romania

Liga 2 and Liga 3 are also professional. We have two series in Liga 2 (East and West), so the teams won't spend much on transportation. The first placed treams in both series will promote in Liga 1, while the 2nd placed teams will play a Play-Off betwen them and the winner will play another Play-Off against the 12th placed team in Liga 1.

There are a lot of big teams in facing problems:
    - Unirea Urziceni (champion in 2009 and UEFA Europa League Last 32 team) - no longer exists
    - Rapid Bucharest (UEFA Europa League Quater - Finalist in 2006) - plays in Liga 2
    - UTA Arad (team with 6 league titles) - plays in Liga 2
    - CFR Cluj (champions in 2008, 2010 and 2012) - bankrupcy
    - Dinamo Bucharest (18 league titles) - bankrupcy
    Likes  Edward liked this post