Page 99 of 206 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109149199 ... LastLast

Thread: UEFA Champions League and Europa League

1. Veteran
    Canada

Re: UEFA Champions League and Europa League

Hajduk Split - Horizont Turnovo 2:1
    Great result for Turnovo and they had 1:1 just before 10 minutes to the end of the game! I thought it would be 5:0 for Hajduk, but it turned out great actually! Turnovo did show in a good light, but I still don't think they can go through. They have an active result. All they need is a 1-0 win! Should they advance, they will meet Dila Gori/ Aalborg
    Isabella, LadyKiller and PashonFruit are Charlie's angels... and I'm Charlie!

2. Super Moderator
    Serbia

Partizan - Shirak tomorrow

As I said earlier, what happened in Armenia last Wednesday must never happen again. It was below every level that is acceptable in a club like Partizan. I really hope that we learned a lesson and that such things will never repeat again. I expect some changes in the team, and with Ivanov back in the team, I think we will be able to neutralize their most dangerous player (Fofana), that we didn't succeed at all in the first match. We have to play offensive since the begining, and try to set up our play and the domination on the field, as we are playing on our stadium, in front of our supporters, and a good play and a routine victory as a result of that against Shirak tomorrow would bring back the optimism before the tougher matches against Slovan or Ludogorets in the next round.

It will not be easy as they saw that they can play against us, and they know that they can't lose anything so I expect even better Shirak than last time, and a risky play. In short -they will go on "everything or nothing". They have an active result from the first match and a chance to solve the overall winner with one goal.

However, if we do what we can tomorrow, I believe there will be no problems.

3. ESC Moderator
    Scotland

Celtic beat Cliftonville 5-0 on agg and will face Elfsborg next.
    Current 2019 ranking (23rd February) 12. Australia, 10. Estonia, 8. Albania, 7. Spain, 6. Czech Republic, 5. Latvia, 4. Italy, 3. Romania, 2. Germany, 1. Slovenia

4. Mentor
    Norway
    Trondheim, Norway / Niavara, Balearica Island

Kazakhstan is making it more difficult for Hødd. Aktobe ran into some visa problems with two players from Uzbekistan before the first match (altho I think that problem was solved). It appears that Kazakhstan and Aktobe wants revenge, because 2 of the best Hødd players have been denied entry to Kazakhstan, with no explanation given. 1 of the players is the coach's son, the other one is from Nigeria. 2 Hødd supporters have also been denied entry to the country. The Norwegian FA will have a talk with UEFA about this, but Hødd will have to play without these players tomorrow...

5. Veteran
    Romania

UEFA Champions League, 2nd round:

Vardar Skopje - Steaua Bucharest 1 - 2 (1 - 5 agg.)
    The qualification was already solved from the first leg so this was just a win to help us get points in the UEFA ranking. Vardar played better and now, Dinamo Bucharest wants to buy Kostovski from them, after he scored against us

So, this is how the 3rd round will look:

Dinamo Tbilisi - Steaua Bucharest
    It will be a tough match, especially because Dusan Uhrin junior, Dinamo's coach, knows us very well as he coached both Poli Timisoara and CFR Cluj. But we are favourites and we must qualify!

6. Veteran
    Canada

Vardar didn't deserve to lose this game. They were at least equal to Steaua, but Steaua used their chances, Vardar didn't and the outcome was 1-2. Such a pity, but that's the football. I really wanted a win for Vardar just with 1 goal, but didn't happen. Oh well! The goal came with a header, which is expected. Macedonia and Macedonian teams should use their heads more often to score. Romanians are shorter + not really good jumpers and that should have been advantage for Vardar. I do like Steaua, so I hope they can do well in their upcoming matches. Interesting, both Steaua and Dinamo Tbilisi have one Macedonian player in their squad.
    As for Kostovski, he should stay in Vardar. Filip Ivanovski went from Vardar to a team from Kazakhstan, but he doesn't even get a chance to play there and it's a shame coz he is a good player. The same would happen to Kostovski in Dinamo (he isn't reallly like Daniel Georgievski). He better stay in Vardar to make a strong team for next season, rather than go elsewhere. :s
    Isabella, LadyKiller and PashonFruit are Charlie's angels... and I'm Charlie!

7. Super Moderator
    Serbia

Partizan - Shirak 0:0

The only thing worth mentioning is that we (somehow) advanced to the next round, but everything else is deeply disappointing and sad and I felt terrible after the match. If I could somehow even find some reasons for an ultra-horrible performance of us in Armenia, there are no excuses for this anti-football that we demonstrated yesterday.

I have to say, objectively, that we didn't deserve to pass, as Shirak was better in both matches, and they deserved to eliminate us. They showed a great physical readiness, an aggressive play, full of desire, they were also very compact in defense, and as a result of that we created only 2 chances from the game (and both in the first half), but their lack of quality is what eliminated them. In the attack, they had a couple of great scoring chances, but the keeper and the, always great, Ivanov saved us.

If somebody told me that I would shake like a rod against the team like Shirak (with all due respect for them, as they showed a lot in both matches), I would probably tell him that he is crazy, but now.......... This is a huge embarrassment for the whole club, and almost every player except the goale (Lukac), Ivanov and the captain Ilic should be punished for this.

These two matches were really painful to watch and in the end I even don't know how we managed to pass........

Our next rival is Ludogorets Razgrad who massacred Slovan Bratislava in Razgrad with 3:0, but based on how they completely destroyed them, even if they won with 10:0, it wouldn't be undeserved. They destroyed Dinamo Zagreb last year as well, and they lost in an unlucky way in 97th minute. The Bulgarians are a completely wild team, and we never knew how to deal with this kind of extremely offensive players. As we don't have Volkov on the left back in these matches (because of the red card yesterday against Shirak), and as we don't have Mitrovic in the attack, it will be a sensation if we remained undefeated in Bulgaria, and if they don't rape like they raped Slovan. They are the strongest exactly in those parts where we are the weakest - on the backs. We need to play ugly now, defensive, and if something gets in, great, if not........the goal is to get as little hits in the net as possible. If we manage to survive their uraganic attacks in the first 30 minutes, maybe we have some chance for a positive result in the first match. An early goal would boost chances, as the Bulgarian team looks confused when they get a goal, but the only thing is.......we need to score. Just that.

8. Super Moderator
    Poland

Piast Gliwice won 2-1 with Qarabag Agdam, after 90 minutes. It mean that we will have extra time

9. Ninja
    Azerbaijan

Quote Originally Posted by Milos-BC View Post
    Partizan - Shirak tomorrow

As I said earlier, what happened in Armenia last Wednesday must never happen again. It was below every level that is acceptable in a club like Partizan. I really hope that we learned a lesson and that such things will never repeat again. I expect some changes in the team, and with Ivanov back in the team, I think we will be able to neutralize their most dangerous player (Fofana), that we didn't succeed at all in the first match. We have to play offensive since the begining, and try to set up our play and the domination on the field, as we are playing on our stadium, in front of our supporters, and a good play and a routine victory as a result of that against Shirak tomorrow would bring back the optimism before the tougher matches against Slovan or Ludogorets in the next round.

It will not be easy as they saw that they can play against us, and they know that they can't lose anything so I expect even better Shirak than last time, and a risky play. In short -they will go on "everything or nothing". They have an active result from the first match and a chance to solve the overall winner with one goal.

However, if we do what we can tomorrow, I believe there will be no problems.
    it must be pieces of cake for partizan.

10. Ninja
    Azerbaijan

Quote Originally Posted by Verjamem View Post
    Piast Gliwice won 2-1 with Qarabag Agdam, after 90 minutes. It mean that we will have extra time
    it was really hard game for Qarabagh, but we were lucky