Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 394546474849

Thread: The NSC Map - Map & Info Update!

Re: The NSC Map - Map & Info Update!

I'm in! Unlike the other forum, where the Lost Islands tried to become an offshore banking haven but failed in a major banking crisis in late 2015, I want this forum's Lost Islands to be FILTHY RICH LIKE SINGAPORE IN A TROPICAL PARADISE.

If the equator is in the middle of the map, the boomerang-shaped chain of islands to the east of Calypso and standing astride the bay in the large western continent would be an ideal place astride several trade routes and would help explain why the Lost Islands are FILTHY RICH CAPITALISTS unlike that other game, where Parliament is paralyzed due to the rise of populist left-wing and right-wing parties and the screwups of the traditional centrist parties.

If the equator is at the bottom of the map, those islands off the southern coast of QuienDQ sound like a good place to establish myself.
    Likes  dogmeat liked this post

2. Expert
    Poland

NEW! FANCY WORLD MAP

FULL SIZE
    (click and scroll to zoom)

• It's a pictorial map of Natia. I've been working on this bit by bit for a loooong time now. It took so long because 1) I'm lazy and 2) I'm a perfectionist. I tried to create a realistic map that follows some basic laws of geography, like deserts located in the rain shadows of mountain ranges. Most of all I wanted to avoid the patchwork map trope.
    • I took into account custom maps and descriptions other users made for their countries. If I went against one, it's probably because I was not aware it existed. Please let me know in such case and I'll make necessary changes.
    • I want to be able to share this map outside NSC, which means I had to remove direct copies of real world geography or other fictional worlds. This is why Kingdom of Eras and Luxona had their shapes modified.
    • I'll update the political map with new countries (and Artyomka at last) soon. @Shawn The equator is near the bottom, so you got the islands in the far south.
    • I lost the password to that survey I once posted in this thread. Maybe I should make a new one for new countries. For now you can just post in this thread for map requests.
    Likes  Stargazer, Lenalite, Veliky, Yoni, Avalon, Karhu, Morty liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Renzo
    calypso music sucks

Sounds great! Do you have details down to how many square miles Lost Islands are in this universe? (I mean, even a rough idea of the scale will help).

(I think I'll have a few of my islands be akin to Singapore/Hong Kong as in incredibly dense, but others split between beaches/wildlife preserves, so I want a realistic population figure.)

Oh and the larger map link doesn't work.

4. Ninja
    Norway

Beautiful map!

5. Mentor
    Belgium

This is awesome, Orian
    Viva Luxona

6. Expert
    Poland

I hope the link works now for everyone. As for the size of the world, I don't have exact figures, but the mainland stretches from east to west about as wide as Eurasia and the mini-continent in the noth-east (the large island included) is about the size of Australia.
    calypso music sucks

7. Expert
    Poland

Updated map in the first post.
    Likes  Gera11 liked this post

calypso music sucks

8. Expert
    Poland

An update (click for full resolution)

As always, if you want your location, size, shape or any other details changed, PM me. Or if you have some details regarding your nation's geography that I might not know of. Or if I completely forgot about your nation as I did Artyomka for more than 20 editions.
    Different types of terrain (forests, woodlands, plains, deserts, mountains, hills) are displayed and as for the climate - the north is colder, the south is warmer.

Also, I'm an idiot and I overwrote the map editable file. I'll have to redraw everything eventually.
    Likes  Veliky, ferret, Gera11 liked this post

calypso music sucks

Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 394546474849