View Poll Results: Your least favorite winning song?

Voters
332. You may not vote on this poll
  • 2000: Olsen Brothers - Fly On The Wings Of Love

10 3.01%
  • 2001: Tanel Padar, Dave Benton and 2XL - Everybody

63 18.98%
  • 2002: Marie N - I Wanna

60 18.07%
  • 2003: Sertab Erener - Everyway That I Can

17 5.12%
  • 2004: Ruslana - Wild Dances

15 4.52%
  • 2005: Helena Paparizou - My Number One

7 2.11%
  • 2006: Lordi - Hard Rock Hallelujah

33 9.94%
  • 2007: Marija Šerifovi? - Molitva

17 5.12%
  • 2008: Dima Bilan - Believe

71 21.39%
  • 2009: Alexander Rybak - Fairytale

15 4.52%
  • 2010: Lena Meyer-Landrut - Satellite

21 6.33%
  • 3 0.90%
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Worst winning song 2000-2010

1. Expert
    Romania

Re: Worst winning song 2000-2010

2010 all the way..she didn't deserve to win..bad diction,no voice(64 notes missed-wtf?),stupid lyrics,insult to the other countries who were serious on Eurovision.More than this,Erovision will become now X factor or Europe's got talent or something like this.Sorry but this is the truth.
    Sweden,Ukraine,Georgia,Turkey,Belgium(the best singer-only 8 notes missed),Armenia,Greece,Romania,Albania,Spain,Israe l,Portugal,B&H,Ireland,Cyprus would have been decent winners this year.Sorry

2. Mentor
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by Stella
    2010 all the way..she didn't deserve to win..bad diction,no voice(64 notes missed-wtf?),stupid lyrics,insult to the other countries who were serious on Eurovision.More than this,Erovision will become now X factor or Europe's got talent or something like this.Sorry but this is the truth.
    Sweden,Ukraine,Georgia,Turkey,Belgium(the best singer-only 8 notes missed),Armenia,Greece,Romania,Albania,Spain,Israe l,Portugal,B&H,Ireland,Cyprus would have been decent winners this year.Sorry
    While Lena didn't have the best voice of the contest - far from it - I do wonder whether those 64 notes missed include the parts of the song where she spoke the words. Her song wasn't intended as an exhibition of perfect vocal gymnastics. What it was was a very catchy tune that got stuck in a lot of people's heads in the weeks leading up to the contest.

I also don't understand how holding a long-running talent search programme to select your artist and song is not taking the contest seriously.

3. Admin Schmadmin
    United States

She didn't deserve to win according TO YOU. The vast majority of europeans disagree with you on this one. Germany was taking it very seriously and it paid off. Not sure how you can make such a claim that it's an insult towards other countries. Your comment is insulting towards germans at the same time.
    While I strongly disagree with the high placings for some countries such as Turkey, Romania or Ukraine this year I would never dare to call them undeserving just because I think they were trashy.

And I am tired of hearing the whole "64 bad notes". They measured it comparing it to the studio version. Live vocals don't have to be exactly the same as the recorded version. Lena had several talking parts in the song where she pronounced the words differently and put the emphasis on syllables differently from the studio version. So that measurement that was used is a lot of bullcrap and an insult to live singers who like to interpret their songs. Nobody claims she was the best and most professional singer this year but fact is the song appealed to a lot of people.

You sure have a right to call it your least favorite song but making comments such as germany isn't taking it seriously is unfair, insulting and to me sounds like coming from a place of jealousy.

And the fact that Satellite was doing incredibly well in the charts all across europe...i guess I rest my case.

4. Expert
    Romania

It was my opinion.And I gave my arguments.Everybody says its opinion here,right?
    I just don't like it because it can't be compared with songs that will be in the history of esc,especially for esc,like Ukraine 2008,Norway 2010,etc.
    This song is a song for radio,tv,good for charts but winning eurovision it's something serious.
    Believe me,I didn't want Romania to win,3rd winner is great,and I'm not jealous.
    And Turkey and Ukraine are very good songs,but again,everybody with its own opinion.Cheers.

5. Mentor
    UK

It was my opinion.And I gave my arguments.Everybody says its opinion here,right?
    I'd refrain from saying things like "I'm sorry but this is the truth," then.

I voted for Estonia 2001. I just found it wholly unremarkable. There was nothing I could pick out about it that suggested it was a winning song.

6. Banned
    Europe

I voted for 2008.As my opinion,'' Believe '' was not deserving to the winning...I wish Kalomoira had win that year !

The worst winner of the 00s sure was Latvia 2002. Enough said.

I voted for Lordi ... Maybe not a bad song, but not in my style

I have voted for Marie N as well, but was close to click on bored Paparizou.

Quote Originally Posted by mojca
    I voted for Lordi ... Maybe not a bad song, but not in my style
    Agree

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast